British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

Interesting article from Rob Lambert in today's SS. Will Buster change thinks at Kings Lynn? Or will Rob move on. I sincerely hope things change and he is a Stars rider again next season.

just read the article - unless we get a new hands on promoter or promotion I can't see things changing in fact Robert speaking out may almost have signed his way out of the club after all it's Busters way or the highway as others that have gone against him has found out .
  • Like 1

Ive thought for a while Lambert would move on next season, it could be only riders threatened of being left out when teams are completing their line ups would ride for Chapman. Last port in a storm and all that. I hope the club gets sorted along with the track Lynn was always one of my favourite away days. Not been for a few seasons now though.

It would be interesting to see the age demographics of Speedway fans.

The Sport, as a Sport is one of the most exciting that there is. Sadly the marketing of it in general is cack. Other Sports have had a good hard look at themselves and made themselves appealing to new generation of Supporters, yet Speedway still turns up the same old stale format year after year.

People from the outside see Speedway as a joke. Something that cannot be taken seriously. They aint wrong.

I agree except for I genuinely believe that people outside of speedway do not laugh at it because they no longer see it. It vanished from public view around the turn of the century.

I want to Shout it Out LOUD - please Robert, stay and ride for at least one more season for the Stars IF Buster is going to change things so that lost fans revive their interest. Robert Lambert is the best thing to happen to KLS for ten years.

What has Robert said please? I'm another that hopes he stays, nobody in their right mind would want him to be lost to the club.

The 2nd half of the season has been awful for everyone, I sincerely hope there are enough good people out there wanting to get involved with the club, strength in depth is needed imo, we never want anything like that Thursday happening again along with the subsequent consequences.

Edited by Trees

Come to Poole Robert.

Correct me if i'm wrong.But didn't you say Lambo was over rated?

Interesting article from Rob Lambert in today's SS. Will Buster change thinks at Kings Lynn? Or will Rob move on. I sincerely hope things change and he is a Stars rider again next season.

Any info on the article ?

Why.I'm sure Buster isn't skint.I'm sure he can,but if he wants to is a different matter.

Buster is far from skint. The stock car is the golden goose of the moment and his other careful property investments have worked out well. His passion for speedway, once legendary, has oozed away I suspect and as a business the speedway side of things must be hardly viable. Without a continued major sponsor I reckon that running speedway ( at any level ) at all in KL is as wobbly as at some other UK places.

Buster is far from skint. The stock car is the golden goose of the moment and his other careful property investments have worked out well. His passion for speedway, once legendary, has oozed away I suspect and as a business the speedway side of things must be hardly viable. Without a continued major sponsor I reckon that running speedway ( at any level ) at all in KL is as wobbly as at some other UK places.

I can't see Trucks R us continuing with there sponsorship they must feel so let down by the club on and off the track I also can't see Roger Warnes Transport returning after how they've been s##t on by the club - that leaves MRC and Poultec- but would either of them want to have name associated with the shambles that's gone on at Lynn this season .

Chapman junior if you cant back your family say nowt lad

Time for him to go getting too gobby about tracks and thinks he is a gp star Little boy with talent but a lot of growing up to do!!

Time for him to go getting too gobby about tracks and thinks he is a gp star Little boy with talent but a lot of growing up to do!!

Are you a rapper?

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

People if Robert did go i am sure there would be life after that at the club .

There may not be life at the club regardless of wether Robert stays or goes. If he doe leave then I suspect that a few more fans will walk away from speedway and KL Stars. Buster would need to draft in a very exciting replacement No.1. Is that his announcement next Weds? If it is I hope that is that Robert Lambert is staying in 2018.

If Buster has any plans to run next year, then his first job has to be to convince Lambert to stay and ride. If he loses Lambert then he may as well shut the gate because the fans that are left, will see this as a sign of the end.

I think Buster has put too much responsibility on Lamberts shoulders, whereas, as a youngster, he should be an extra draw to a proper No1. When Buster let Holder go he should have replace with similar. . Instead he took the cheapest options.....

The ball now is firmly in Buster's court, His next decision has to be his most important....

• Like 1

:lol::lol:

It makes me laugh when I read that people will walk away if Lambert goes.

Utter nonsense, the reason people walk away is because the owner is failing the fans.

The BSPA as a whole is failing British Speedway.

Rider's come and go, Lambert isn't the be all and end all for King's Lynn.

• Like 1

No, Robert is not the be and end all of riders for the club BUT he's one of us, a local guy, a rider with massive potential to concur the world, we want him to race for us, he's entertaining, a racer, Rider of the Year in 2016 and no doubt in the running this season. King's Lynn is his club, like Belle Vue was Collins, Morton, Cookie, Bewley, like Poole was Middlos, like Ipswich was John and Chris Louis...etc etc etc

• Like 2

:lol: :lol:

It makes me laugh when I read that people will walk away if Lambert goes.

Utter nonsense, the reason people walk away is because the owner is failing the fans.

The BSPA as a whole is failing British Speedway.

Rider's come and go, Lambert isn't the be all and end all for King's Lynn.

Agree riders come and go, But Lambert is our star performer, a rider who has been born and bred at Saddlebow Road, and somebody who has a connection with the Club and Fans. If I was in control of a Club, getting someone with the potential of Lambert secured for the year, would be my first prioritive .