British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

I want 7 riders who ​want ​to ride for King's Lynn in 2018.

I would rather have Lambo on 7.38 than Morris on 8.87 if I had to choose between them.

I absolutely agree with your first line, probably the most important ingredient of all. but if we had to choose between them two riders, I'm afraid it would have to be Morris. The 1 half points that separates them is massive, and indicates the strides Morris has made these past 2 years. I had thought Robert would be at that level too, but he is a long way off that...

I really don't think we can lump all the Aussie riders in one Holder / Batchelor lump. Far too much stereotyping there. I still prefer Lambert to Morris as I believe that Robert will emerge as one of the Top Ten riders in the world after some self evaluation and re-structuring of his team. A world title is within his grasp in the next three seasons IF he can bring about the necessary changes.

I absolutely agree with your first line, probably the most important ingredient of all. but if we had to choose between them two riders, I'm afraid it would have to be Morris. The 1 half points that separates them is massive, and indicates the strides Morris has made these past 2 years. I had thought Robert would be at that level too, but he is a long way off that...

Have only seen Lambert at Swindon and on both occasions he has not been that good. I know he is still young but he is nowhere near Nick Morris in his performances.

Being a young Brit I hope he can improve but he needs to change something.

Auty is shocking and nowhere near the level needed ...should have stay retired .

What would you know you Buffoon??😅 i respect what the King's Lynn fans opinions are of him good or bad. With your nasty personal comments about a rider call yourself a speedway fan.? Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

What would you know you Buffoon?? i respect what the King's Lynn fans opinions are of him good or bad. With your nasty personal comments about a rider call yourself a speedway fan.?

Josh rode his socks off for King’s Lynn last year and I’m sure the majority of stars fans appreciated his efforts
  • Like 1

Have only seen Lambert at Swindon and on both occasions he has not been that good. I know he is still young but he is nowhere near Nick Morris in his performances.

Being a young Brit I hope he can improve but he needs to change something.

Assuming they have similar levels of ability why on earth would Lambert be anywhere near Morris when the latter has three more years experience? If Lambert now is performing to a similar level to Morris in 2014 then I'd suggest there is little to worry about.

Wish people would leave Lambert alone and just let him develop.

• Like 4

We can't leave Robert Lambert alone to develop, because Tatum & Pearson can't stop wittering his name every time I turn on the TV to watch speedway. He is the great British hope.

As far as KL go, I would look to loan Robert out next year, he clearly can't learn much more riding Saddlebow Road every week. Additionally can spending more time with the Diamonds in the second tier of British speedway really aid his development? He at least got a few meetings in Poland & Sweden last year, lets hope that continues.

As for other riders, I'd put Auty at reserve every year. I am fully aware he isn't going to improve much if at all and sometimes his gating will let you down. But from reserve he will score 3-5 points, he is always entertaining & is occasionally capable of pulling a match winning ride out of the bag.

I wouldn't judge all Aussies by Holder & Batchelor standards. But without discrimination the only recently emerged Aussie Speedway rider that I don't find obnoxiously arrogant is Fricke. And he annoys me by not turning up for his UK commitments due to injury yet continues to ride in continental leagues & qualifiers. A greater sin.

Lambert has already said that he won't be riding in the Championship and has signed contracts in Sweden and Poland. As for loaning him out, can see what you are saying but it would lose hundreds off the gate and there is no guarantee he would come back if he got on well wherever he went instead. So it's a bad idea on many levels. He has always said that riding for a track 45 minutes down the road works well for him and lets hope that continues.

As for Auty, to me if you sign somebody on four and a half points you want them to have improvement in them and Auty just doesn't. I'm sure there will be many better options.

Yes, he may be the 'Next Big British Hope' but he's a long way off that at the moment. Where once, I would have shouted from the roof tops how important he was for Kings Lynn, now, I have lost that belief in him. Sure, looking at his average he has improved each year, but putting a few digits on his CMA don't impress me like it should. Someone of his experience and age should be somewhere near the top 20 of the world standings, not languishing in lower regions of a weak British league.

He is not even good enough yet to be considered a Team's No 1, and to me, that tells all the story.....

Thank goodness your negative thoughts about him are very much in a minority as far as King's Lynn fans are concerned. Most people realise he is still very young and has plenty of time to reach his full potential whatever that may be.

The idea that he should be in the world's top twenty at 19 years old is laughable, riders like Darcy Ward come along very rarely and every promising young rider shouldn't be judged against what he achieved. It's time people concentrated on what Lambert has achieved and can do rather than the negative stuff.

• Like 3

Thank goodness your negative thoughts about him are very much in a minority as far as King's Lynn fans are concerned. Most people realise he is still very young and has plenty of time to reach his full potential whatever that may be.

The idea that he should be in the world's top twenty at 19 years old is laughable, riders like Darcy Ward come along very rarely and every promising young rider shouldn't be judged against what he achieved. It's time people concentrated on what Lambert has achieved and can do rather than the negative stuff.

I respect your opinion as you should mine. The main differences with people opinion is that they are based various ideas. To me Lambert at 15, was possibly the best 15 year old in the world and one expected that comparison to continue. I am honest to say I expected far more from him that what he has achieved,. They are many riders now of the same standing as him. This comparison will continue until he sorts out his gating consistency. It all very exciting watching him come from the back, but as the quality of riders increase so it becomes more difficult to do this. I am disappointed that his gating is still his nemesis, and until he gets that sorted he will never achieve the status, we all believe he his capable of. His No 1 priority should be to find a mentor who can teach him the finer points of gating..... Until then he will always be that man who loses those important races.... ..

I respect your opinion as you should mine. The main differences with people opinion is that they are based various ideas. To me Lambert at 15, was possibly the best 15 year old in the world and one expected that comparison to continue. I am honest to say I expected far more from him that what he has achieved,. They are many riders now of the same standing as him. This comparison will continue until he sorts out his gating consistency. It all very exciting watching him come from the back, but as the quality of riders increase so it becomes more difficult to do this. I am disappointed that his gating is still his nemesis, and until he gets that sorted he will never achieve the status, we all believe he his capable of. His No 1 priority should be to find a mentor who can teach him the finer points of gating..... Until then he will always be that man who loses those important races.... ..

Lamberts biggest problem is his parents he need to dump them out of the pits employ an experienced mechanic and basically become his own man its time to move on from Mum and Dad . I agree hes not progressing as a rider and at times when he rides in heats of riders of same age he looks very ordinary. Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

As for Auty, to me if you sign somebody on four and a half points you want them to have improvement in them and Auty just doesn't. I'm sure there will be many better options.

Auty is virtually a last minute placement in my eyes.

Hasn't improved in years and even in reserve seems to score minimal points.

One of the most highly overrated British riders of recent years.

There are likely to be better options.

Col is a known Auty admirer so is probably biased. He even suggested that Howarth will never be as good as Auty.

Lambert has already said that he won't be riding in the Championship and has signed contracts in Sweden and Poland. As for loaning him out, can see what you are saying but it would lose hundreds off the gate and there is no guarantee he would come back if he got on well wherever he went instead. So it's a bad idea on many levels. He has always said that riding for a track 45 minutes down the road works well for him and lets hope that continues.

It does not always work out like that Gordon, my belief is if you are getting 11/12 from the reserve partnership you are doing well Auty with another reserve could do that on certain days.You have to remember Rose/ Palm Toft /Kerr are in the same boat as well if they don't cope in the top 5 they will be fine at reserve.

Auty is virtually a last minute placement in my eyes.

Hasn't improved in years and even in reserve seems to score minimal points.

One of the most highly overrated British riders of recent years.

There are likely to be better options.

Col is a known Auty admirer so is probably biased. He even suggested that Howarth will never be as good as Auty.

I am the same as Col for me there is always a place for a Entertainer and there always should be.And Steve in most peoples eyes Howarth was very lucky to get a place last year on his average and as much as i like Kyle he has now got a inflated average i certainly would not want him in my side on that average. Edited by Sidney the robin

I wouldn't judge all Aussies by Holder & Batchelor standards. But without discrimination the only recently emerged Aussie Speedway rider that I don't find obnoxiously arrogant is Fricke. And he annoys me by not turning up for his UK commitments due to injury yet continues to ride in continental leagues & qualifiers. A greater sin.

I think youre wrong there unless you have some examples of a fit Max missing Aces meetings.

It might be a simple misunderstanding of the situation.

I am the same as Col for me there is always a place for a Entertainer and there always should be.And Steve in most peoples eyes Howarth was very lucky to get a place last year on his average and as much as i like Kyle he has now got a inflated average i certainly would not want him in my side on that average.

Kyle I don't think was lucky to get a place on his average at all last year! Let's face it he more than earned it at both levels this year. Much improved and progressing nicely this year in what must be a bit of a break thru season for him.

Think its no coincidence that Kyle finished in both teams that won the lower division title and finished 2nd in the top flight whilst Auty featured in both teams that were bottom but one.

I suppose it comes down to which you prefer.

• Like 1

The point of Auty Steve finishing in the bottom two teams in both league's is a pretty low blow to be honest surely you look at merit.? Kyle last year was decent progressed but his PL average is still not yet as high as Auty's highest. PL average.Also in British Final's ect) Kyle rarely threatens where Auty is competetive mixes it even this year Auty ride's in the BLRC meeting was decent exciting he was unlucky not to reach semi's everyone to there own but Howarth away from Wolves is a risky prop on his average only my opinion though.😀

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1