British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

Auty won't improve unfortunately, that ship has sailed. He was entertaining and full of effort but was liable to throw in bad rides or meetings anywhere and I don't see him being a sensible use of points. Can't gate and will override trying to make up for that, not a good combination. Kerr can gate and knows the tracks well and would be a better signing.

That said a fully committed THJ (which in the main he was last year) on that average would be a better signing than both.

• Like 1

Auty won't improve unfortunately, that ship has sailed. He was entertaining and full of effort but was liable to throw in bad rides or meetings anywhere and I don't see him being a sensible use of points. Can't gate and will override trying to make up for that, not a good combination. Kerr can gate and knows the tracks well and would be a better signing.

That said a fully committed THJ (which in the main he was last year) on that average would be a better signing than both.

THJ does not come cheap he looked unfit as well last year and to be honest i have never rated him. Auty for his low average is ok value and for me is more likely to get you a heat advantage than Kerr who now is just a gater.Saying that Lewis has done great to get back to the level he is at a remarkable feat really Auty /Rose to swap throughout the season from reserve into the 1/5.
  • Like 1

I read somewhere there will be more SGP riders competing next year, but the only rider mentioned for Lynn is Niels... I can't imagine Buster done himself any favours last year, and believe riders like Rory,Holder and Batch will be painting a real bad picture to anyone who might be in consideration. For that reason, I'll be surprised to find any Aussies in our team... As much as I would like to see Niels back, I still believe the Poles hold the upper hand...

Lambert, is the biggest corundum. Obviously very talented, and has the ability to beat everyone, but he has not shown the responsibility that goes with being a No1. His gating is substandard, leaving him too much to do to win those important races.. At the moment he is nothing more than a second heat leader,

IF , Niels decides not to come, and If Belle Vue have to release him, I jump at the chance of have Bjerre back. Lives locally, knows the setup well and can gate with the best of them. Now that his injuries have all past, there is no finer sight then watching KB when he is on song...

I don't think the choices we have at No 1 will be that big......

I'd say that somebody who can gate is more likely to get you a heat advantage than somebody who can't.

I mean four /two advantages vital third places (ect) also Kerr was hit and miss at Scunny last year as well miss the gate game over will be interesting to see who is picked for 2018. Edited by Sidney the robin

Robert Lambert is probably destined for great things in speedway. He is still only very young but at 20 has the ability and experience of many 25 year olds. He now needs to "to a Doyle" ( or a Woffinden ) and harness his terrific natural talent in a dedicated way to squeeze the most out of it. He could be the best rider in the world if he does that but now needs the right team around him.

• Like 1

Don't think that Lambert should have been Captain last year. it was to much to put on his shoulders. also his leg injury didn't help either. Talking to Buster one night he said it wasn't a pretty sight and said he shouldn't have been ridding. Lewis Kerr was brilliant when he rode for Somerset and showed that Lynn is his track.

Auty is shocking and nowhere near the level needed ...should have stay retired .

id take Nick Morris over Lambert eveytime .

Ive watched Robert progress from the national League team through to the senior stars team and he is what i regard a proper kings Lynn rider who is still going to keep improving for the foreseeable future. I definitely think he has more potential than Nick Morris so would be gutted to lose Robert for 2018 but wouldn’t mind Morris as well as but not instead of

Nick Morris has started to develop into a very, very good rider. I'm not going to sit here and say that Lambert will turn out to be as good or better than Morris but it's worth bearing in mind that he has three extra years experience and development on Lambert.

Nick Morris has started to develop into a very, very good rider. I'm not going to sit here and say that Lambert will turn out to be as good or better than Morris but it's worth bearing in mind that he has three extra years experience and development on Lambert.

Agree with that.But think if, and it's a big if,Swindon couldn't fit him in for 2018 i'm sure they would try for 2019...8.87 is pretty high if his heart is with Swindon and he only rode elsewhere for a season. :wink:

Can't see any Aussie riders wanting to ride for KL next season

Agree with that.But think if, and it's a big if,Swindon couldn't fit him in for 2018 i'm sure they would try for 2019...8.87 is pretty high if his heart is with Swindon and he only rode elsewhere for a season. :wink:

Swindon's rider of the year, Nick Morris, will be back at Swindon next season. Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1