British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

Dear Kings Lynn....

Sign Lebedevs & Milik.

And give them a track to race on.

Signing them could be much, much easier than giving them a track they can perform on and race well on. Buster was unable to get that right - a racing track the like of which we have usually had in the past at the AFA. IF he gets that right some fans may return.

Signing them is only down to how much risk Buster wants to put on the belief that the top riders will substantially improve attendances. I like the idea of Lebedev more than Milik - but I do not think he would see the season out. I actually prefer the idea of Lebedev to the return of NKI.

I actually prefer the idea of Lebedev to the return of NKI.

I'm sure most Lynn fans would consider that statement sacrilege, but it's a sentiment I wholly agree with. I love Lebedevs.

NKI may be good but IMHO is rather on the boring side to watch.......

cue Trees telling me off :P

• Like 1

Lebedev is certainly a different rider to when he previously rode for us.But i certainly liked him back then,as i do now.

Milik was very poor for the Stars but would take him back to with the right attitude and equipment.I expected more from him in the SWC semi at Lynn this season but he disappointed again.

Lebedev is certainly a different rider to when he previously rode for us.But i certainly liked him back then,as i do now.

Milik was very poor for the Stars but would take him back to with the right attitude and equipment.I expected more from him in the SWC semi at Lynn this season but he disappointed again.

Milik wont come back. From what Ive heard his wages are massive. And I doubt anyone in the UK could afford them.

• Like 1

Signing them could be much, much easier than giving them a track they can perform on and race well on. Buster was unable to get that right - a racing track the like of which we have usually had in the past at the AFA. IF he gets that right some fans may return.

Signing them is only down to how much risk Buster wants to put on the belief that the top riders will substantially improve attendances. I like the idea of Lebedev more than Milik - but I do not think he would see the season out. I actually prefer the idea of Lebedev to the return of NKI.

My honest opinion, is that the track is the most important aspect to running a viable club, more than that of the actual team. Speaking to many fans as I do, the most common comments you hear are all directed to the track. Each and everyone moaned about the track and the lack of actual racing. The AFA is now accredited as a Gate and Go track where making the gate is the be all of each race. The fans want more than that. I asked of those who have stopped going, they have said they may returned if the standard of racing returned to the level it once had.

Sure, its good to have a decent team, but that doesn't matter that much if the track is not properly prepared for decent racing, I am sure if the racing was good every week the attendances would get back to something like it use to be,....... whatever the team was........

• Like 6

How do your prepare a track when some riders want to slick and others want it grippy.??

this, in my opinion, was a big part of the issues of 2017 .. some saying rip the track, then others can't/won't ride it

How do your prepare a track when some riders want to slick and others want it grippy.??

Exactly, Isn't that the same situation for all clubs? Surely a track should be the same every week??. Our track is different every week and that can't be good for the riders and fans alike. Some weeks its got too much topping on and others there isn't any. Riders want to turn up and knowing the track will always be the same. You don't have this situation at Belle Vue, each meeting the track offers wonderful racing.

We once had the allocade of the best track in the land and every rider raved about how good it was to race. Them days now are long gone.

• Like 1

Somewhere in the middle would be the ideal, and making sure that as much as possible the track is the same every week. Then sign riders who aren't going to moan and groan or refuse to put the effort in if its not to their liking.

The main objective for 2018 has to be to sign a team which is both competitive and gives 100% each and every week.

• Like 1

Exactly, Isn't that the same situation for all clubs? Surely a track should be the same every week??. Our track is different every week and that can't be good for the riders and fans alike. Some weeks its got too much topping on and others there isn't any. Riders want to turn up and knowing the track will always be the same. You don't have this situation at Belle Vue, each meeting the track offers wonderful racing.

We once had the allocade of the best track in the land and every rider raved about how good it was to race. Them days now are long gone.

The most curious thing is that as the Saddlebow Rd track has become less and less conducive to good racing is that Buster has spent longer and longer on the various tractors and other heavy machinery. Has he become less knowledgeable about the material he is trying to lay properly or the bikes that riders are now blasting around on? Is it the only time that he actually feels in control of KLS and BSPA affairs?

The most curious thing is that as the Saddlebow Rd track has become less and less conducive to good racing is that Buster has spent longer and longer on the various tractors and other heavy machinery. Has he become less knowledgeable about the material he is trying to lay properly or the bikes that riders are now blasting around on? Is it the only time that he actually feels in control of KLS and BSPA affairs?

how about having proper shale like we used to have red in colour rather than dark clay almost soil based what’s used now .