British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

The principle of car share is a good idea. The problems start when things go wrong . One of my friends used to give his uncle a lift to work. They were involved in a road traffic accident and the uncle sued him.

Christ!!! Of course you have to be happy with who you travel with and vice versa.

The reason I feel at home at the AFA is that most of the clientele are old farts... :rofl::t:

The principle of car share is a good idea. The problems start when things go wrong . One of my friends used to give his uncle a lift to work. They were involved in a road traffic accident and the uncle sued him.

Apart from the term sued, more like the uncle put in an injuries claim on his nephews insurer.

A claim everyone involved in a road traffic incident is entitled to whether it's family or not.

Effectively to no financial damage to your friend.

Apart from the term sued, more like the uncle put in an injuries claim on his nephews insurer.

A claim everyone involved in a road traffic incident is entitled to whether it's family or not.

Effectively to no financial damage to your friend.

KL 2018 has turned out to where there's a blame there's a claim.

well they definitely do still do the text service as I still receive them .

It was probably you Haza, who told me before? I was subscribed to the service years ago, but the texts suddenly stopped coming even though I had the same mobile number. As I said in my previous post, I contacted the Norfolk Arena office, and asked if the service was still running, and could I be subscribed to it. Didn't even get the courtesy of a reply, and they wonder why fans loose interest. I'm getting very cynical in my old age, and now adopt the attitude, if they can't be bothered....then neither can I.

• Like 2

It was probably you Haza, who told me before? I was subscribed to the service years ago, but the texts suddenly stopped coming even though I had the same mobile number. As I said in my previous post, I contacted the Norfolk Arena office, and asked if the service was still running, and could I be subscribed to it. Didn't even get the courtesy of a reply, and they wonder why fans loose interest. I'm getting very cynical in my old age, and now adopt the attitude, if they can't be bothered....then neither can I.

I don't think you're cynical at all, just fed up with being taken for granted. Believe me, you're anything but alone.

It just shows how a small act of customer care can make such a huge difference.

• Like 2

Nothing on the KLS website as to if Mr Brundle is now a co-promoter and who will represent the Stars in Tenerife. OR will Buster have to wear two or three hats there?

Nobody has moaned about Buster more than I. Although I still wish he would be more transparent with his behaviour and his ideas, I feel as a club we have to be appreciative, we have somebody who wants Speedway to continue. In this day and age who could blame any promoter walking away from the financial obligations he has. It must create a tremendous drain on they energy, their confidence and their standard of life in general..

No, I don't think Buster is the ideal person to have at the helm of any ship. He wants total control, and always has his cards close to his chest. It has to be done Busters way.. We may never win the title, but we should be grateful of always having a team to support......

No doubt, Buster will attend the AGM with many hats on. . Promoter, Chairman, Committee Member, Track Grader, Club Owner, General Dogsbody etc etc

• Like 1

It's a terrible way to run a business though trying to do everything, back in a previous life when I was a manager the first thing I did was get all the phone calls to me diverted to the staff. The calls were generally orders for stock and general questions. When one of the staff questioned this with me my response was I'm here to make sure everything runs right and sort it out when it doesn't your here to send stuff out. Delagation is a massive part of good man management. Obviously you need staff you can trust to do a good job but that's your job to get decent workers working for you

• Like 1

Is there any whispers of riders for next year yet? Jorgensen, and Kerr seemed nailed on but that's all I've heard...

No doubt we will have the 'Will he or Won't he' saga from Lambert , though as usual, he'll sign..

Nobody has moaned about Buster more than I. Although I still wish he would be more transparent with his behaviour and his ideas, I feel as a club we have to be appreciative, we have somebody who wants Speedway to continue. In this day and age who could blame any promoter walking away from the financial obligations he has. It must create a tremendous drain on they energy, their confidence and their standard of life in general..

No, I don't think Buster is the ideal person to have at the helm of any ship. He wants total control, and always has his cards close to his chest. It has to be done Busters way.. We may never win the title, but we should be grateful of always having a team to support......

No doubt, Buster will attend the AGM with many hats on. . Promoter, Chairman, Committee Member, Track Grader, Club Owner, General Dogsbody etc etc

I agree with you entirely and can only add that the quality of any Chief Executive determines the way the whole ship is run. Well or badly. Unfortunately the Deputy Chairman is no better nor more capable. If there are more effective administrators within the BSPA they seem to have been happy to let Chapman & Godfrey rule the roost for a few years in the vain hope that their policy making can turn the sport around in the UK. Another season will tell us if the confidence of fellow promoters was misplaced or not.

I agree with you entirely and can only add that the quality of any Chief Executive determines the way the whole ship is run. Well or badly. Unfortunately the Deputy Chairman is no better nor more capable. If there are more effective administrators within the BSPA they seem to have been happy to let Chapman & Godfrey rule the roost for a few years in the vain hope that their policy making can turn the sport around in the UK. Another season will tell us if the confidence of fellow promoters was misplaced or not.

Or possibly the clever ones amongst them are letting Buster and Godfrey take the flak cos they know it's all a lost cause.

It's a terrible way to run a business though trying to do everything, back in a previous life when I was a manager the first thing I did was get all the phone calls to me diverted to the staff. The calls were generally orders for stock and general questions. When one of the staff questioned this with me my response was I'm here to make sure everything runs right and sort it out when it doesn't your here to send stuff out. Delagation is a massive part of good man management. Obviously you need staff you can trust to do a good job but that's your job to get decent workers working for you

You not only need good staff but management too you can trust to do a good job.There's many managers who will keep secrets from the main man in charge.Maybe Buster feels he can't trust anyone or just keeping the costs down as it's his money he's playing with.

Is there any whispers of riders for next year yet? Jorgensen, and Kerr seemed nailed on but that's all I've heard...

No doubt we will have the 'Will he or Won't he' saga from Lambert , though as usual, he'll sign..

Hope your right concerning Kerr,but i haven't seen anything yet to make it seem like he's nailed on for the Stars.

Did the the comment ..'You are here to send stuff out' make you Mr Popular ?

Every now and again on a Friday if I knew all the work was more or less done when someone who had helped out in some way or gone out of there way ,when they were going for lunch I'd say see you Monday il finish off this afternoon. Carrot and stick approach I think it's called. One staff member did say to me that he didn't understand why the staff all seemed to like me cuz I could be a right b***ard at times. Lol. Seemed to work though. I think !!!!! It was a different time 25 years ago though people seem more fragile these days. Some of the things said back then couldn't be said today I don't think

• Like 3