British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

Oh! So, Big Name riders ARE on the way back to top league UK speedway in 2018 - and all without the BSPA AGM discussing the structure of speedway. Amazingly prescient move by Leicester.

Perhaps it shows that the BSPA are a bit more organised and agreements further advanced than you think....

Perhaps it shows that the BSPA are a bit more organised and agreements further advanced than you think....

What it says to me is that there's zero changes of a reduction in admission prices but an increase is coming our way.

Nothing would surprise me what they are thinking.... One of the biggest problems that exist in our speedway is the contemptuous way the fans are treated by the promoters. We are treated like the enemy and everything is kept secret in fear we could pass an opinion. There are so many fans who have left the sport because of this attitude of them an us. You would have thought the BSPA would realise we are all on the same side and want the same as they do.

I thought when Buster was made Chairman, things would change. There would be far more transparency, where the fan would know far more. But unfortunately he's just the same at the rest.....

It little wonder the fans lose interest .....

• Like 3

They can't follow suit.Not enough fans to pay much more than half of the teams wages without sponsors is the problem.Better for teams to cut costs(riders wage bill) than to go all guns blazing and go bust.

Couldnt agree more. As I said "need to do so in a manner that is affordable to their club"
  • Like 1

So most of the forum want to fill their teams with top class heat leaders on thousands of pounds a season and at the same time reduce the admission to about £10 to £12 Somehow I don't think this will work out.

"Most of the forum"... interesting. I don't think a single person has proposed such a thing.

• Like 1

Exactly. There is a clear split between those who want to see top riders and potentially less meetings. Then those who would rather see a lower standard of rider at a cheaper price and more meetings.

Id note that despite people complaining about the standard of top tier in uk, crowds are still better than the cheaper cl and nl though appreciate that part of that is related to club following rather than the quality of rider.

The only way it would be viable to drop pricing AND attract riders would be a good sponsorship deal and a 2-3 times increase in crowds. Which I actually think could be achievable if someone with vision and money to invest cane along.

• Like 1

IVERSEN'S big announcement is that he has signed for Torun in Poland. Will that rule him out of UK?

Yep. If Ekstraliga teams continue insist that any rider contracted to them are only allowed in one other league that is not their domestic league, unless NKI gives up the Swedish Elitserien.