British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Heard tonight that KL are refusing to go to Somerset on every day they have been offered. Meeting might not run before the cutoff.

Maybe because there isn't a spare Monday or Wednesday where either one of them or indeed both are not riding.Or are we allowed to ride on a different day like a couple of clubs have.

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Heard tonight that KL are refusing to go to Somerset on every day they have been offered. Meeting might not run before the cutoff.

Will the last person leaving the building please turn the lights out. British speedway appears to be over!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bit pointless having an AGM for the BSPA this year unless it is to wind up the affairs of UK speedway. They get it wrong every time.

Plus - 

I hope the new reduced size one league is made up of only five teams, so that all the fixtures might possibly be fitted into the normal season. Without the need for doubleheaders V the same team which has been proved to be a ludicrous almost unworkable idea.

And yes as someone posted, if you don't like it - don't go. I won't be going and I bet a considerable number of others won't either.

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made

Buster personally told me,   he would never do another Double Deader as they have cost him thousands ££...

10 hours ago, g13webb said:

Buster personally told me,   he would never do another Double Deader as they have cost him thousands ££...

So, he has forgotten all about that so soon after the last mess? I was not keen to see a V Wolves match, followed by a V Wolves match a week or so apart. Never mind 30 minutes apart. All we hear is "let's go racing"!

49 minutes ago, Trees said:

CLEARLY his hand has been forced, so the least we can do is support him and our club and team?? 

Totally agree if some people put as much effort in to supporting there team on track, as they do moaning on here the atmosphere maybe a lot better in the stadiums.

• Like 3

Please don't  count me in those talking bad about Andersen,   I have always thought he had the makings of a decent rider, who has been unfortunate with injuries.  I was amazed when Dale announced last week,  his intention of keeping  Simon in the team.   He to me is a one trick pony  who we can use as a last resort when the needs be, but no way is he good enough to retain  his team position. 

It must be hard to come over here, having never seen/raced  on our varied track,  but even in the short time he has been here,  Jasper has shown enough ability to show he will become a decent rider.   I wasn't surprised to see him scoring big points, I just hope he gets the opportunity to regain his team position.      

On 8/17/2018 at 9:54 PM, tellboy said:

Beat Wells and Riss too.Good bit of experience for him so hopefully will help him and Lynn in the long run.

Surely having raced only 7 meetings Andersen is still a 'free agent'

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Surely having raced only 7 meetings Andersen is still a 'free agent'

Unsure how the asset system works now to be honest.I'm just assuming he's a Lynn asset now(hopefully).I'm sure he will improve given time and meetings.

He has a higher average than Lambert hey Daniel:wink:

I know many of the King’s Lynn fans still have a soft spot for Nicklas Porsing. Very sadly on Thursday night, Nicklas’s fiancé gave birth to their little girl in her 8th month of pregnancy. Sadly her little heart was not strong enough to bring her into this life. Nicklas and Vitalina are totally devastated. However, their parents, myself and my wife were here in Poland to comfort them. Vitalina is now home and they are being very strong. This has been a terrible week for them, as earlier in the week we were mourning the death of Nicklas’s Stal Rzeszow team mate Tomasz Jedrzejak. Nicklas and Vitalina pray for their little girl and thank the many speedway fans from around the world who have sent their condolences and best wishes. 

Edited by DWP
  • Like 1