British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

In the top five no he also is a enigma and he is not cheap.

Depends how interested KL are in making the play offs it’s still very much in our own hands but we need a replacement  for Kerr ASAP  - my guess we will go through the motions to complete our fixtures then loads of promises for 2019 - I really hope this time I’m wrong but that’s our normal route . 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

In the top five no he also is a enigma and he is not cheap.

The options are a but thin on the ground sidney, can't see he'd be any worse than the other riders suggested.

From kingslynnstars.co

CROWD pleaser Jason Garrity is on his way to King’s Lynn in time for three massive home meetings next week.

Mancunian ace Garrity has just ended a 28-day spell with his local club Belle Vue as injury cover for Stevie Worrall.

Now he heads to the Adrian Flux Arena in time for a triple bill of Premiership action in the space of seven days - starting on Monday July 23 against Poole.

He replaces broken leg victim Lewis Kerr and club bosses are delighted to get their man for the Tru Plant Stars.

Boss Dale Allitt said: “I drew up a list of four or five riders I was interested in and we held back on Jason because he was in Belle Vue’s side.

“But he’s now available again and once we had confirmation of that we decided to make our move. I’m delighted to have him on board.

“He’s recovered from his own injury problem and will be at Cardiff as track reserve for the British Grand Prix on Friday and will also be riding at Scunthorpe on Sunday before making his debut for us.

“We have a massive spell of meetings coming up and we must win all our home meetings, it’s as simple as that.”

Allitt admits it’s been a tough job patching up his injured side this season - but the play-offs remain their top target.

“We can do it,” he said. “The signing of Jason excites me because he will give it his all, he will really become a firm favourite with the King’s Lynn crowd.

“It’s so disappointing to lose Lewi Kerr like we did but he wants us to do well and I’m sure he’ll be the first to offer any advice to Jason.

“I also talked to our skipper Robert Lambert about Jason and he gave me total support in making the move.

“Now we need all our fans to get right behind us next Monday and beyond. We have a vital phase of the season to come and it’s all about a group effort.”

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing about a job, you have to work alongside colleagues you don't like but for the business you do the best you can.

For the Stars, Garrity is as good as any as a replacement for Kerr.

Bite the bullet and get on with it for the sake of the team. Nobody has had any issues with Jason at Scunthorpe and Belle Vue. In fact his character has had the opposite effect with what most fans and rider's comments about him. He may have turned a corner with his personality and become more grounded.

I hope the promotion can see past the fact they may not like someone. It's their job to do what's best for the club and that's employing the best for the job.

Garrity fits the bill

:D:D 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Four points and an exciting new signing.....Stars fans have had worse evenings :cheers:

Great evening,although bottom of the league we have the best away record so far:blink:how crazy is that.So if we were to win our home matches we won't finish bottom like some are saying.I think we would most definitely finish in a play-off position:t:

46 minutes ago, semion said:

What is Garritys recent history like around Saddlebow.?  Or would Auty have been a better bet ?

On 7/8/2018 at 9:06 PM, Daniel Smith said:

AUTY'S AVERAGE DOES NOT FIT

:wink:

• Like 1