British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Palm Toft was always missing this meeting,but this should be his last(according to Dale).Until then i can't say the promotion are lying.

Now,if NKI is missing then Dale has lied about his availability.Dale did say he has cleared it with the Danish club that he(Niels) would be available for the rest of the season,along side Jorgensen and Andersen.So if any of those three are missing then indeed they have lied.

Well i can't find these snippets anywhere now.Hope they haven't deleted them because we may have a rider missing in the future.But i won't call them liars until such a thing happens,if it indeed does.

The Stars press release sounds like Iversen's in but in those comments mentions nothing about his thoughts on Wednesday night. 

Seeing as the Danish league is priority it would be strange to include Iversen and not use him.

Wouldn't be the first time that the Stars management plays the denial card come the morning of a meeting, even though the fans knew in advance. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The Stars press release sounds like Iversen's in but in those comments mentions nothing about his thoughts on Wednesday night. 

Seeing as the Danish league is priority it would be strange to include Iversen and not use him.

Wouldn't be the first time that the Stars management plays the denial card come the morning of a meeting, even though the fans knew in advance. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the fans turned up tomorrow and were then told. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, therefused said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the fans turned up tomorrow and were then told. 

If that was to happen the club deserve all the s##t that will be fired at them - that’s the lowest of the low if they play fans as fools . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

If that was to happen the club deserve all the s##t that will be fired at them - that’s the lowest of the low if they play fans as fools . 

Alternatively if he does ride then no lies will have been told and it will have been a whole load of fuss over nothing, and not for the first time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Alternatively if he does ride then no lies will have been told and it will have been a whole load of fuss over nothing, and not for the first time.

Well let’s hope he’s in the Stars team - as others have said he’s down to ride in the Esbjerg team and the Kings Lynn team one club will be disappointed let’s hope for Kings Lynn sake he’s in the Stars team . 

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

All this so called fuss could so easily be avoided by the club if they kept the fans upto date.       Most of us waited till Monday , whence the Website is usually updated ,  but this week was much later.   A small comment  on the social media could have eliminated any confusion.    

Having been treated badly in the past,  you cant blame the fans for being sceptical.     Bearing in mind how many times this year we have been missing star riders,  had I been a promoter, I would have shouted from the highest building  that we have a strong team  out against  Leicester,  hoping to being in extra fans to the meeting.    But we as fans hear nothing.  

So please don't get on your self-righteous step and preach about a 'fuss over nothing'  comment.     These comments are usually made from dia hard fans   who have been taken for a ride too many times...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No self righteous step here (the irony :D ) just providing a bit of balance to the thread. The club have released a press release naming him in the team, until such a time that we are told differently then there have been no lies or hoodwinking or anything similar. 

If he doesn't ride then they will deserve everything they get on this forum and beyond.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

No self righteous step here (the irony :D) just providing a bit of balance to the thread. The club have released a press release naming him in the team, until such a time that we are told differently then there have been no lies or hoodwinking or anything similar. 

If he doesn't ride then they will deserve everything they get on this forum and beyond.

And if he does not ride tonight then they will not merely have shot themselves in any lower limb left without a bullet hole but have turned off the KLS "life support".

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No self righteous step here (the irony :D ) just providing a bit of balance to the thread. The club have released a press release naming him in the team, until such a time that we are told differently then there have been no lies or hoodwinking or anything similar. 

I Iasked the question last night and I’m told Iversen definitely rides for Kings Lynn tonight. 

20 minutes ago, g13webb said:

All this so called fuss could so easily be avoided by the club if they kept the fans upto date.       Most of us waited till Monday , whence the Website is usually updated ,  but this week was much later.   A small comment  on the social media could have eliminated any confusion.    

Having been treated badly in the past,  you cant blame the fans for being sceptical.     Bearing in mind how many times this year we have been missing star riders,  had I been a promoter, I would have shouted from the highest building  that we have a strong team  out against  Leicester,  hoping to being in extra fans to the meeting.    But we as fans hear nothing.  

So please don't get on your self-righteous step and preach about a 'fuss over nothing'  comment.     These comments are usually made from dia hard fans   who have been taken for a ride too many times...

That’s what being a promoter all about you promote the sport you use all mean available to let fans / customers no what’s on offer building up to the event it’s self even bigging the event up  - a speedway promoter naaah sit on your hands do absolutely jack rubbish to try to bring in more fans piss existing ones off to the point they walk away - 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Esbjerg now confirmed that NKI is NOT riding for them tonight.

Massive international co-operation then. Speedway could be saved in the UK by such selfless attitudes, Just would have been nice to have been told on Monday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

All this so called fuss could so easily be avoided by the club if they kept the fans upto date.  

I thought the new KLS Media Person ( young Ms Buster ) would have tweeted this as soon as it was known ( NKI's hokey cokey  ) or even have been in digital contact with Esbjerg early on Monday morning. Perhaps because Pearson is still our web mouthpiece and he is between GPs he could not sort it out and thus knock any rumours on the head. With all these co-promoters, media staff and dogsbodies at KLS perhaps everybody thought somebody else would do it and nobody did?

Edited by waytogo28
spelling error