British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

I quite agree. I also thought he was a tremendous young talent, I don't have the same feelings toward him like I did with Darcy and Lee, because I didn't watch him on a regular basis like I did the other two. But I agree, he was awesome at that age...,

One of the smoothest young riders I ever saw was Mel taylor, his style reminded me so much of Mauger

I hope Lambert stay at Lynn, I believe the AFA is one, of only a few, in the UK that could be compared to those in Sweden and Poland. I appreciated the surface may need dressing but the shape is ideal. If Robert has high hopes of making it abroad, then riding at Lynn would of more benefit than most other tracks in the league.

But I think the reasons for leaving has nothing to do with the track, more to do with other matters..

The saying 'Never sit on an easy chair' highlight Roberts situation. cause he appears far too comfortable in the current surroundings. Probably he needs to move away to pastures new, to regenerate his enthusiasm to push his progress to a higher level...

I've said it many times before, Robert has all the ability to make it to the very top, but I don't see that happening at the moment .

maybe the new co promoter will persuade Robert to stay hopefully things will change off track with some new blood helping Buster we can only hope . Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

I look at lambert on the start line and he reminds me to much of Chris Harris looks really fat with all that protective gear on.

I like Bomber, he's a genuine character, and gives a lot of enjoyment to many supporters. He's may never be a World Champion, but he is a big crowd pleaser . Bomber and Lambert have a lot in common, Both are suspect at the gate and like nothing more than the big blast round the outside. If that is how Lambert sees himself then so be it .

I think he can be much better than that.......

Edited by GRW123

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the Stars at the moment. If this thread is not used it will again drop from the main page, and that cant be good news.

I feel so disappointed out season finishes so early, having no matches to attain and nothing to look forward to. These muppets who organise our league, appear to think, as we didn't finish near the top , then our fans don't deserve any more meetings. They only cater for those teams who are successful. Surely it wouldn't need rocket science to organise a end of season competition to keep those fans from them lower teams interested till the end of the season..

A four team Round Robin would fit the bill, or a 4 team knockout, anything would be better than we have at the moment. This sport needs as much promoting as it can get, whereas,ending the season in August is like shutting the door at the earliest opportunity...

• Like 1

How many people will want to turn out on cold Autumn evening to watch a nothing meeting ?

There lies the problem these days as a speedway fan I would wrap up warm and be glad to see a few more meetings before the long winter.But I guess far to few fans feel the same these days.
  • Like 2

How many people will want to turn out on cold Autumn evening to watch a nothing meeting ?

How do you determined a 'Nothing' meeting. ?

Most of the matches throughout the season are 'Nothing Meetings' as its only the PO's that actually matter...

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the Stars at the moment. If this thread is not used it will again drop from the main page, and that cant be good news.

I feel so disappointed out season finishes so early, having no matches to attain and nothing to look forward to. These muppets who organise our league, appear to think, as we didn't finish near the top , then our fans don't deserve any more meetings. They only cater for those teams who are successful. Surely it wouldn't need rocket science to organise a end of season competition to keep those fans from them lower teams interested till the end of the season..

A four team Round Robin would fit the bill, or a 4 team knockout, anything would be better than we have at the moment. This sport needs as much promoting as it can get, whereas,ending the season in August is like shutting the door at the earliest opportunity...

there was an end of season tournament called the craven shield but lack of interest from riders and fans meant that died a death - we used to run Pride of the East the last Saturday in October and the stadium used to be packed with a world Class line up but again lack of interest from riders and fans - now Buster runs a Haloween stock car meeting the last Saturday in October and again the stadium will be packed . Speedway is dead in the water unless some serious re thinking is done and change of priorities take place by promter riders and fans - speedway is dead man walking

How do you determined a 'Nothing' meeting. ?

Most of the matches throughout the season are 'Nothing Meetings' as its only the PO's that actually matter...

Nothing meeting = a meeting that very few people will turn up to watch.. Well that's my call on it. Buster is not gonna go to the trouble of putting a meeting on that is for sure gonna cost him money. I would suggest he needs to have at least an even chance of getting a return from the meeting.

A challenge against Ipswich/Peterborough would've been good although we've not got a whole team fit to go tbh

Surely, A three team tournament with Ipswich and Peterborough would generate sufficient interest to make it viable....

Nothing meeting = a meeting that very few people will turn up to watch.. Well that's my call on it. Buster is not gonna go to the trouble of putting a meeting on that is for sure gonna cost him money. I would suggest he needs to have at least an even chance of getting a return from the meeting.

All we have had at Lynn since mid July is nothing meetings. Probably, if Buster put more importance in communicating with fans he would get a better response at the matches he does run....

I really cant think why anyone would want another meeting this season - our season was over on meltdown Thursday

I say roll on 2018 with more importance shown to the paying customer and with a competitive team not a team thrown together on the cheap from meltdown Thursday onwards . Hopefully a new co promter will add some enthusiasm to the club .

Who the hell is that

A nobody related to somebody famous.

What can be delivered to the club and supporters, we'll just have to wait and see.

My trust has to be won back to attend and not to be expected.