British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

And we can't ride Premier League on Thursdays ( Swindon excepted ) because the Championship teams voted against that possibility? Why are these facts not easily found on the BSPA / GB Speedway ( not team ) website for the current season? Why is it all Dark Arts secrets with wild rumours allowed to bedevil the sport and prevent it looking credible?

17 hours ago, Aces51 said:

The agreement with the FIM is that we have priority on Monday and Thursday and Denmark has priority on Wednesday. The fact that the BSPA decide to run on Wednesday, Swindon excepted, doesn't change that agreement. Denmark still has priority on a Wednesday and we have it on Thursday.

OK fair play, I didn't realise that. What a ridiculous situation!!

50 minutes ago, KevH said:

Yes but promotors such as Matt Ford knew season start he had no DK clashes as he didnt use Andersen or Klindt.

KL used NKI and Lambert surely knowing they could lose for some matches if and when meeting clashed (dont forget DK is a smaller league though and they start later). If Chapman has decided to  race Wed and also accepted other clubs fixture lists then he must have approved the possibility of losing some of his riders in such situations.

As for Klindt at Poole then either there is a min fixture clash as he is resigned to start in under 2 weeks or he has agreed with his DK club to give up in favour of Poole as he is based in UK with his family - doesnt have all the commuting costs and gets more meetings in UK which must give him more than his DK earnings ??

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

doesnt have all the commuting costs and gets more meetings in UK which must give him more than his DK earnings ??

From his four meetings to date for Workington this year, he has totalled 13 points which surely can't rival his Danish earnings?

14 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

KL used NKI and Lambert surely knowing they could lose for some matches if and when meeting clashed (dont forget DK is a smaller league though and they start later). If Chapman has decided to  race Wed and also accepted other clubs fixture lists then he must have approved the possibility of losing some of his riders in such situations.

Well, did he know or didn't he? If Buster did know about the clashes for his Danish riders AND Lambert and still went ahead with the signings then he is the fool that his critics claim him to be. If he didn't know, why not? Speedway is such a masonic secret society ( except at the IOW of course ) that we will never know. 

10 hours ago, KevH said:

From his four meetings to date for Workington this year, he has totalled 13 points which surely can't rival his Danish earnings?

Had the pleasure in watching Lakeside Hammer his club last night and he was dire to put it mildly. How this guy can ride a max in POL on Sunday and ride as he did last night is crazy.

However the point is my comments are in ref to what he will  earn at Poole (probably) compared to DK as he wont have all the commuting costs. Remember it was his poor Champ form that got him into Poole last season anyway on what many deemed a bargain av on the points conversion av Champ to Prem.

Bottom line was he couldnt ride the track. Think he will do better at Poole. If not then Poole really do have a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

The chances are good that he will ride.  The fact he raced yesterday is a good sign.  The only problem could be if there was any repercussion from that shoulder operation, and he wont know that until after.     If he pulls out of the Poole match through injury,   didn't I read somewhere, he would then have to be absent for 7 days, ( meaning he misses the Rye House match on Monday... )

Cant wait to get back to a FULL TEAM  so we can compete on equal terms........

• Like 1

Robert Lambert new British Champion.Brilliant and well deserved in what is becoming an excellent season for the youngster.Never see any of this coming but he seems to have made great strides already this season:t:

Congratulation to Robert on a wonderful victory last night becoming the new British Champion.  so remmonissant of that night in Coventry  back in 1978 when Michael  Lee won  that same coveted crown.   Never thought that night could ever be over shadowed, but last night came really close.    Robert was superb and demonstrated his ability by winning each and every race.  From the gate, or from the back it made no difference. he really was majestic.....

Well done that man........    BRITISH CHAMPION  2018 :   Robert  Lambert......:cheers:

• Thanks 1

From the moment Robert made his National League debut around Saddlebow Road he seemed destined for this. He was, as Webby says, majestic, seeing off the young guns of his own generation and going head to head in superb battling style with the British "veteran" riders. Thank you BT for a stunning broadcast which allowed me to almost "be there" ( as I can no longer attend in person ). That man Bewley is going to share the future with Robert and they will likely form the spearhead of the GB Speedway Team - how lucky we are to look forward to that exciting prospect. With Garrity, Cook and Woffinden WOW!

• Like 1

We should savour these days in the same way we did when we had Nicki. They may not last for ever and he may regrettably move on but in years to come we will look back with a buzz. Have to be proud of the lad. To think there were people saying he would have to leave lynn to progress!!!! Funny. This guy has it!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 4:56 PM, KevH said:

I think British Speedway got it right! Only Swindon would have to move from a Thursday (if they were forced too), but Poole, King's Lynn, Redcar, Sheffield & Ipswich would be have to move their race nights if Prem was Mon & Thurs! I think putting 5 British teams above a handful of Danish riders is the right thing to do for British Speedway!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think British Speedway got it right! Only Swindon would have to move from a Thursday (if they were forced too), but Poole, King's Lynn, Redcar, Sheffield & Ipswich would be have to move their race nights if Prem was Mon & Thurs! I think putting 5 British teams above a handful of Danish riders is the right thing to do for British Speedway!

Lynn used Thursdays last year so no problem for us ........ but Buster owns the stadium so it’s a different situation.

Buster harangued the other promoters for many years before they gave him The Power as BSPA Chairman. They did it then because they already knew that UK speedway was very likely going down the pan and believed that a radical approach  might just save the sport, But Dictators have a strange way of destroying everything around them because of their inability to listen or draw on other competent people ( other than Yes Men or Women ). No - one is always right as we have seen by the decline in UK speedway since Buster took over as our Glorious Leader. It certainly is not all his fault, but his "way" has speeded up the crumbling process. Too many dead ends and poorly thought through ideas.

Take next Monday, only the Return of the Hero might bring in a decent crowd when it's on against an England match in the football World Cup.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made

17 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree.  The top league has always shafted the second tier.  In 1991 4 teams were encouraged up with help promised. It killed Wimbledon , bankrupt Berwick. 

Then almagamation came along but the top tier wouldn’t share the top riders around so the rich were rich and the poor got poorer. Resulting in huge financial problems for Glasgow/Edinburgh Middlesbrough and others. It could have worked and provided a full and varied fixture list if it wasn’t for self interest. 

Birmingham were tempted up followed by Somerset and rye house and the rockets gates have halved. 

We can learn from history and I guess Ipswich Sheffield and Redcar are correct to protect their race night

• Like 1

There is something in what you say about when the leagues amalgamated but there are many and varied reasons why some of those clubs who moved up found themselves in difficulties. Berwick's problems were due mainly to the then owner. Somerset and King's Lynn seem to be content to stay in the PL and the problems at Rye House are down to having to change their race night because of the FNR.

Yes, Ipswich, Redcar and Sheffield were asked to change their race night and refused but let's not forget that FNR wasn't just for the benefit of the PL. It was done mainly to resolve the problem of missing doubling up riders and the CL stood to gain as much from that at the PL. As it now stands the CL are, subject to the SCB rules, enjoying the benefits of having their doubling up riders available and paying none of the price, which falls entirely on the PL having to race on Wednesday's when Denmark has priority.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1