British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

From reading the article today. Robert Lambert is not coming back to Kings Lynn!!!

That's not a new story though is it? its just repeating what was in last week's Speedway Star. Not riding in the Championship because of offers already on the table in Poland and Sweden and due to sit down with Buster after the AGM (although not sure why he has to wait til then as Buster should know what is being proposed already!?)

The results of tonight's under 21 WC, dont make good reading... Poole had 3 of next years riders finish ahead of Lambert in the overall standing, plus Max Friske ... Probably Lambert is not as good as we seem to think he is.....

The results of tonight's under 21 WC, dont make good reading... Poole had 3 of next years riders finish ahead of Lambert in the overall standing, plus Max Friske ... Probably Lambert is not as good as we seem to think he is.....

Kurtz is better than Lambert hands down!

Woryna just watch him this year in Poland that guy is beating GP riders for fun. He best every rider in the Lezsno team this year!

Kurtz is better than Lambert hands down!

Woryna just watch him this year in Poland that guy is beating GP riders for fun. He best every rider in the Lezsno team this year!

Wont argue with that now, but two years ago he wasn't .... Kurtz has really come on this year and progressed well, whereas Lambert has stagnated...

Lambert need a change, Change his Management, Change his Club, Change his Backup crew, Change his tuner, But most of all, he wants to change his attitude .

Last night in the biggest shop window of them all he performed terrible...... 3 lasts and 2 third places is not what one expects from somebody so talented....

. FFS . All you do is knock Robert Lambert. You will be moaning when he leaves the Stars . Every rider has bad nights occasionly.

Wether Robert Lambert stays or leave the Stars next year he does need to make some serious changes to his starting technique and his 1st and 2nd bend positioning. He rode well for little reward and his typical tigerish Ruthless style gave him few returns. He has time to work on his existing flaws but must do so if he is to step up to be world class.

• Like 1

That's not a new story though is it? its just repeating what was in last week's Speedway Star. Not riding in the Championship because of offers already on the table in Poland and Sweden and due to sit down with Buster after the AGM (although not sure why he has to wait til then as Buster should know what is being proposed already!?)

After this seasons performance for Lynn & Newcastle I would think he would do handstands to get a championship place!

All this talk of him in Poland & Sweden IMO is ludicrous, simple fact is at this stage in his career is no wear near good enough.

Just look at his results in the last 2 years WTC & this years World Games, tells you everything!!!

Wether Robert Lambert stays or leave the Stars next year he does need to make some serious changes to his starting technique and his 1st and 2nd bend positioning. He rode well for little reward and his typical tigerish Ruthless style gave him few returns. He has time to work on his existing flaws but must do so if he is to step up to be world class.

There are some things that concern me with RL and despite the fact he is only 20 next year lets not lose sight of the fact he has been riding speedway bikes for 8 years. Not 2/3/4 but 8 years.

He went through 250cc stage until he got his 500cc licence and then gained valuable experience riding under aged in Germany where he could ride 500cc bikes.

This guy is not a new rider. Not just 4 years in EL/Prem (and that's a longish time anyway to develop).

Yes the guy has talent BUT is he really all we make him out to be because he is a Brit ???. If he really was/is so good then he hasn't shown it also in the Polish League 2 incl the 2 finals where his scores to rides ration was poor. Hardly a showcase for the Polish Exl where all good riders want to break into.

Maybe his leg injury did not help in those and last nights matches.

My concern would be as stated in some other posts. His starting technique which seems to put his at a disadvantage a lot. Some of his positional riding at turns 1 & 2.

I am not here to knock the guy as I stated on a Poole Team Forum for 2018 I would like to have him at Poole (if he became available).

However I do have concerns as to where he will get to unless he has some major changes to push him forward in his technique/engines tuners/management etc.

We all sometimes need a bit of luck and some breaks in life. The Poles have the benefit of some brilliant youngsters such as Drabik/Smektala/Woryna/Kubera. However maybe its not just the talent as they seem to have all the necessary good equipment/backing/tuners/sponsorship to help promote that talent plus of course decent stadiums/tracks.

At some stage Lambert has to step up to the plate as otherwise he faces being overtaken by others such as the Aussies - Frick (probably already ahead) - Kurtz - Holder Jr etc.

I hope he does and still young enough to push through. Its just that when you have been watching Speedway as I have for some 47 years you sometimes get a gut feeling that maybe there is something missing that you see at an early age in the really top stars.

Having said that if you had watched Jason Doyle at 23/24/25 at Poole you would have thought at best he would be another middle order Aussie riding in the EL. At best he was average. BUT.... One thing he could do was gate.

• Like 2

There are some things that concern me with RL and despite the fact he is only 20 next year lets not lose sight of the fact he has been riding speedway bikes for 8 years. Not 2/3/4 but 8 years.

He went through 250cc stage until he got his 500cc licence and then gained valuable experience riding under aged in Germany where he could ride 500cc bikes.

This guy is not a new rider. Not just 4 years in EL/Prem (and that's a longish time anyway to develop).

Yes the guy has talent BUT is he really all we make him out to be because he is a Brit ???. If he really was/is so good then he hasn't shown it also in the Polish League 2 incl the 2 finals where his scores to rides ration was poor. Hardly a showcase for the Polish Exl where all good riders want to break into.

Maybe his leg injury did not help in those and last nights matches.

My concern would be as stated in some other posts. His starting technique which seems to put his at a disadvantage a lot. Some of his positional riding at turns 1 & 2.

I am not here to knock the guy as I stated on a Poole Team Forum for 2018 I would like to have him at Poole (if he became available).

However I do have concerns as to where he will get to unless he has some major changes to push him forward in his technique/engines tuners/management etc.

We all sometimes need a bit of luck and some breaks in life. The Poles have the benefit of some brilliant youngsters such as Drabik/Smektala/Woryna/Kubera. However maybe its not just the talent as they seem to have all the necessary good equipment/backing/tuners/sponsorship to help promote that talent plus of course decent stadiums/tracks.

At some stage Lambert has to step up to the plate as otherwise he faces being overtaken by others such as the Aussies - Frick (probably already ahead) - Kurtz - Holder Jr etc.

I hope he does and still young enough to push through. Its just that when you have been watching Speedway as I have for some 47 years you sometimes get a gut feeling that maybe there is something missing that you see at an early age in the really top stars.

Having said that if you had watched Jason Doyle at 23/24/25 at Poole you would have thought at best he would be another middle order Aussie riding in the EL. At best he was average. BUT.... One thing he could do was gate.

Good honest post, I believe Lambert would benefit Olle Allen coming on one to one & NOT mummy Lambert!

• Like 3

After this seasons performance for Lynn & Newcastle I would think he would do handstands to get a championship place!

All this talk of him in Poland & Sweden IMO is ludicrous, simple fact is at this stage in his career is no wear near good enough.

Just look at his results in the last 2 years WTC & this years World Games, tells you everything!!!

He needs to race on the Polish and Swedish tracks not our Championship tracks. He's taking his career slowly, learning the ropes in Europe. He was gating in Pardubice but being passed...

He needs to race on the Polish and Swedish tracks not our Championship tracks. He's taking his career slowly, learning the ropes in Europe. He was gating in Pardubice but being passed...

On the You Tube link I was watching Robert gated with the others on only one attempt out of five. On two of those he passed other riders but could not hold the places he had gained. He didn't look underpowered. I still feel that with the right help on starting and lap one tactics he could become world class. Taking things slowly but changing very little will not, I fear, do the trick.

Edited by waytogo28

. FFS . All you do is knock Robert Lambert. You will be moaning when he leaves the Stars . Every rider has bad nights occasionly.

I don't know who is more deluded, You or Him.?? Nothing would give me more pleasure then seeing Robert Lambert become World Champion. So please don't accuse me of not liking him......

I'm so disappointed how things have turned out. 4 years ago he was like a breath of fresh air, destined to reach the very top. He was rightly compared with the Michael Lee's and Darcy Ward's of this world. But since then, his progress has slowed somewhat, to a place where other people are now beating him regularly, people we once considered far less prospect than we said of Robert. I have watched far more of Roberts races than most, and even now, when he goes out to race I am guessing the rider I will see. That's shouldn't be the opinion, one associates with someone of world class.

These last two years Robert form has stagnated and for a top rider, he has made little progress. We all know that gating is the most important part of any great rider. Yes, it is wonderful to see races won from the back, but to be a top rider you must be a competent gater. Lambert has improved a little, but is still no-where near good enough, and until he get that sorted he will always struggle. He is at an age when his reflexes should be lighteningly quick, so it can only be the application and his attitude....

This is where his problems lie. He desperately need a mentor, someone to teach him how to succeed, to get that attitude right, to teach him to gate. Its all very good when you're 16 for your mum to ferry you about , but when you're 19- 20 Mum is the last person you want to have with you. He needs to be more professional. He is seen walking around with that solemn look as if he has the world is on his shoulders, and life is not fun anymore. He appears to be in a rut, and this has to change. If that means moving away from Lynn, then so be it. I would rather see him succeed riding for some other team, rather than stay at Lynn and fail.....

I'm not knocking the lad, or getting on his back, I'm just trying to be constructive, in the hope he can fulfil his and my dreams of reaching the very top.

• Like 5

I am not deluded and don't think Robert Lambert is. You seem to think that whatever opinions you have other people should agree with. I agree Robert needs to improve his gating but He was the only English rider in the world under 21 final so instead of knocking his low score , congratulate him for getting that far. I hope he's a Lynn rider next season.

I am not deluded and don't think Robert Lambert is. You seem to think that whatever opinions you have other people should agree with. I agree Robert needs to improve his gating but He was the only English rider in the world under 21 final so instead of knocking his low score , congratulate him for getting that far. I hope he's a Lynn rider next season.

That's where we are different, I saw nothing, he did on Friday, worth congratulating him for.....

I don't get this Lambert needs to move away from Lynn to improve,why?Imo Lynn is a reasonably big track,and these tracks are more often than not encountered on the continent.His gating is his nemesis if he moves elsewhere his gating will be the same.He can improve on this at Lynn as well as anywhere else.He may need someone to help out with set-ups etc as this is a big factor in getting to the corner first.Yes you reflexes need to be good but the set up is equally important.

Riders develop at different times. Some improve then plateau, only to then move on to the next level.

For every Michael Lee there are far more Lewis Bridger's.

Lambert has had the whole weight of Kings Lynn Stars loaded onto his shoulders after Holder/Batch Gate.

Will moving from Lynn help ? Certainly for a rider who is not a consistent trapper the track served up at Lynn this season has done him few favours.

Edited by semion

I don't get this Lambert needs to move away from Lynn to improve,why?Imo Lynn is a reasonably big track,and these tracks are more often than not encountered on the continent.His gating is his nemesis if he moves elsewhere his gating will be the same.He can improve on this at Lynn as well as anywhere else.He may need someone to help out with set-ups etc as this is a big factor in getting to the corner first.Yes you reflexes need to be good but the set up is equally important.

I hope Lambert stay at Lynn, I believe the AFA is one, of only a few, in the UK that could be compared to those in Sweden and Poland. I appreciated the surface may need dressing but the shape is ideal. If Robert has high hopes of making it abroad, then riding at Lynn would of more benefit than most other tracks in the league.

But I think the reasons for leaving has nothing to do with the track, more to do with other matters..

The saying 'Never sit on an easy chair' highlight Roberts situation. cause he appears far too comfortable in the current surroundings. Probably he needs to move away to pastures new, to regenerate his enthusiasm to push his progress to a higher level...

I've said it many times before, Robert has all the ability to make it to the very top, but I don't see that happening at the moment .

I don't know who is more deluded, You or Him.?? Nothing would give me more pleasure then seeing Robert Lambert become World Champion. So please don't accuse me of not liking him......

I'm so disappointed how things have turned out. 4 years ago he was like a breath of fresh air, destined to reach the very top. He was rightly compared with the Michael Lee's and Darcy Ward's of this world. But since then, his progress has slowed somewhat, to a place where other people are now beating him regularly, people we once considered far less prospect than we said of Robert. I have watched far more of Roberts races than most, and even now, when he goes out to race I am guessing the rider I will see. That's shouldn't be the opinion, one associates with someone of world class.

These last two years Robert form has stagnated and for a top rider, he has made little progress. We all know that gating is the most important part of any great rider. Yes, it is wonderful to see races won from the back, but to be a top rider you must be a competent gater. Lambert has improved a little, but is still no-where near good enough, and until he get that sorted he will always struggle. He is at an age when his reflexes should be lighteningly quick, so it can only be the application and his attitude....

This is where his problems lie. He desperately need a mentor, someone to teach him how to succeed, to get that attitude right, to teach him to gate. Its all very good when you're 16 for your mum to ferry you about , but when you're 19- 20 Mum is the last person you want to have with you. He needs to be more professional. He is seen walking around with that solemn look as if he has the world is on his shoulders, and life is not fun anymore. He appears to be in a rut, and this has to change. If that means moving away from Lynn, then so be it. I would rather see him succeed riding for some other team, rather than stay at Lynn and fail.....

I'm not knocking the lad, or getting on his back, I'm just trying to be constructive, in the hope he can fulfil his and my dreams of reaching the very top.

I totally agree with you, I would compare Lambert has good as Ward at 16, but did Darcy just keep kicking on at a rapid rate each year. IMO you will never ever find a 16 year old as good has Lee, Mike was on another planet at that age!

Tell you what GRW123 you might laugh at this, but talking of 16 year olds, I first saw Lewis Bridger at Weymouth when he was 16, was blown away how good he was!

• Like 1

I totally agree with you, I would compare Lambert has good as Ward at 16, but did Darcy just keep kicking on at a rapid rate each year. IMO you will never ever find a 16 year old as good has Lee, Mike was on another planet at that age!

Tell you what GRW123 you might laugh at this, but talking of 16 year olds, I first saw Lewis Bridger at Weymouth when he was 16, was blown away how good he was!

I seem to remember he was" on another planet" at other stages of his life too. Allegedly :D

• Like 1

Tell you what GRW123 you might laugh at this, but talking of 16 year olds, I first saw Lewis Bridger at Weymouth when he was 16, was blown away how good he was!Quite agree

I quite agree. I also thought he was a tremendous young talent, I don't have the same feelings toward him like I did with Darcy and Lee, because I didn't watch him on a regular basis like I did the other two. But I agree, he was awesome at that age...,