British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

2 hours ago, mrss said:

Just because Trees is passionate about the Stars there's no need to knock her at every opportunity.

Thank you! 

The idea of an anthem/chant is a good one there is no doubt, this one hasn't gone down so well on the net, I hope something good comes out of it, that's all. We must all want that for 'our' club eh.... 

As for Haza, he's just a wind up, I'm not biting :P

• Haha 1

Somebody sent me the link to this 'anthem' and I honestly thought April 1st had come early! Seriously guys, I'm halfway across the world and speedway people I know here have tears running down their legs laughing so much!Whoever thought this was a great way to inspire/motivate/put the fear into the opposition needs to reconsider when their meds kick in!

Yes, I know it's nothing to do with me, I'm long retired from speedway and live in Aus but I still care about the club where I spent many a happy evening on the mic from way back in 1988.Hell we go rid of the war crys in 1990 (sorry Wild Wayne and Mother T!) because they were old hat . . .let along a choral extravaganza.

Back in the days of the PL when the club were feared home and away it was 'Welcome to the jungle' that became the parade truck theme tune and even that sounds dated now so, for what it's worth, whoever came up with this idea. . .maybe ask the paying public for once - or as that just stating the blindingly obvious?

Wishing everyone a safe and successful season ahead. . . now where did I put my Vera Lynn records????

seriously.jpg

• Like 6

17 hours ago, micman said:

Back in the days of the PL when the club were feared home and away it was 'Welcome to the jungle' that became the parade truck theme tune and even that sounds dated now so, for what it's worth, whoever came up with this idea. . .maybe ask the paying public for once - or as that just stating the blindingly obvious?

Wishing everyone a safe and successful season ahead. . . now where did I put my Vera Lynn records????

seriously.jpg

I feel sorry for any new promotion team at Lynn, as I think it is hard to meet the expectations of fans who supported the club during that era... and for good reason. The parade track rolling out to the intro of 'welcome to the jungle' always made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, and everyone involved (from fans to riders) were emotionally immersed in the club. 9 titles in 4 years (from memory) is as good as it gets and shows what the club was all about back then. 

Unfortunately since then the club has lost yourself, Rob Lyon and me and personally I do not believe any have been appropriately replaced... although not through lack of trying as I did recently read a job advertisement for a centre green announcer who must like wearing illuminus shell suits ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Unfortunately since then the club has lost yourself, Rob Lyon and me and personally I do not believe any have been appropriately replaced... although not through lack of trying as I did recently read a job advertisement for a centre green announcer who must like wearing illuminus shell suits ;)

Sad but true on all count JC. . .and I still have the Shell suits! :-)

We may not have seen eye to eye on some occasions but there is no doubt that you were a forward thinker who had great ideas to move the sport into a new direction and bring it up to date. The atmosphere that we all generate in that amazing era was 2nd to none and one of the best times I can remember in speedway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, micman said:

Sad but true on all count JC. . .and I still have the Shell suits! :-)

We may not have seen eye to eye on some occasions but there is no doubt that you were a forward thinker who had great ideas to move the sport into a new direction and bring it up to date. The atmosphere that we all generate in that amazing era was 2nd to none and one of the best times I can remember in speedway.

Mmmmmmm....

Atmosphere at a high octane, adrenaline fuelled sporting event?

No doubt infused by fans' noise and engagement to what they are watching?

Now that there is a 'novel' idea.....

Wonder if it will ever catch on?

Who knows, if it does, maybe some fans would go back the next time to sample some more of the same?....

Nah... What am I thinking?....:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

JC, Micman  I can feel the man love coming through. ;)     You are of course right.  The bar was set back then.  Sadly the standard has fallen way below that level, but of course, as always.  Buster knows best.   Still here we are new year, a new kid ( well You know what I mean) on the block.  Hopes are high.  Can They deliver.....  Over to you Buster its time to walk the walk.

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

On 19/03/2018 at 12:37 PM, micman said:

Somebody sent me the link to this 'anthem' and I honestly thought April 1st had come early! Seriously guys, I'm halfway across the world and speedway people I know here have tears running down their legs laughing so much!Whoever thought this was a great way to inspire/motivate/put the fear into the opposition needs to reconsider when their meds kick in!

Yes, I know it's nothing to do with me, I'm long retired from speedway and live in Aus but I still care about the club where I spent many a happy evening on the mic from way back in 1988.Hell we go rid of the war crys in 1990 (sorry Wild Wayne and Mother T!) because they were old hat . . .let along a choral extravaganza.

seriously.jpg

It does make you wonder, how this anthem was conceived. Unfortunately all to often fans complain 

• Like 1

I'd love nothing more than singing on the terraces but never ever ask anyone from Norfolk to think up a chant. Just look at Norwich City, they love 'On The Ball City'. I can't think of a more dreary football chant anywhere in the World.

33 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'd love nothing more than singing on the terraces but never ever ask anyone from Norfolk to think up a chant. Just look at Norwich City, they love 'On The Ball City'. I can't think of a more dreary football chant anywhere in the World.

When I go to Anfield, nobody sings  'you'll never walk alone' louder than I.   With 50,000 fans singing, it makes my hair stand on end, and I'm only a supporter.  Imagine what that must do for the players....     

I'm all for verbal  chorus for the fans to cheer.    But surely in this day and age we could have something more modern than that new anthem .      I'd rather we went back to  1.4.2.4 who the hell R we 4.  we use to sing at the Firs  50 odd years ago.....

10 hours ago, semion said:

Maybe you could invite them over to sing it Trees..... :rolleyes:

We can do it Polish style :)

Can u remember the Gollob chant... 

Gollob, Tomasz Gollob.... that was it

And the Poland chant ... 

Polska, Polska, Polska, Polska

King's Lynn  King's Lynn Stars fits the bill, it's belief and pride we lack!! 

• Haha 1