British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

32 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Like a few others on here I can’t stop laughing, bloody hell thats the funniest thing I have seen in ages.

Well folks if you wanted proof that Buster has completely lost the plot, it’s arrived

"I am passionate about defending British Speedway. This is a major blow to the sport in the UK and the blame is very firmly at the door of Kings Lynn Speedway." :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Biggest alarm bell should be Always the same

That is the constant fear! More of the same old, same old, ways of doing things. I could not imagine that Buster would bring in someone who really thought "out of the box". This is out of a very old box, someone came across in their attic. Do we need to get ready for more "wind offs, shale offs, might possibly rain - snow or fog offs"? Or Holder-itis offs? Feels like it.

Listening to Brundle at the fans forum meeting one would have had to be impressed as he spoke so eloquently, with such enthusiasm.   But its easy to talk the talk, far more difficult to walk the walk.  So it is with purpose I have noticed these past weeks he is doing just as he had spoken.    He said each Friday there would be information posted on the media, and there has, he said there would be new fitness program for the riders and there has,   He said he would get the College involved for future development and he has,  He also said he wanted to get the kids involvement, and getting them to design a new mascot he has done that as well.

So full marks to Mr Brundle for doing as he had promised and for that I am impressed.        

But that new Stars anthem is an EMBARRESSMENT  .      Imagine the mic man standing in the middle of the track trying to generate a response with that .    Terrible....      

• Sad 3

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening with Pearson, Tatum and Jason Doyle. Even though I appreciate what he has achieved, ever since he got our meeting stopped when riding for Leicester  I had a bias opinion of him .   But listening to him last Friday,   telling us he views and hardship I was impressed  at getting the information from the horses mouth.     I was not aware of the severity of his accident back in 2016 where he was so close to death and survived only by the experts on hand to keep him breathing .  

I have often wondered why there couldn't be more nights like these getting former riders to talk about their careers .   Sure was an enjoyable night.....:t: 

Edited by g13webb
miss-spelt
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening with Pearson, Tatum and Jason Doyle. Even though I appreciate what he has achieved, ever since he got our meeting stopped when riding for Leicester  I had a bias opinion of him .   But listening to him last Friday,   telling us he views and hardship I was impressed  at getting the information from the horses mouth.     I was not aware of the severity of his accident back in 2016 where he was so close to death and survived only by the experts on hand to keep him breathing .  

I have often wondered why there couldn't be more nights like these getting former riders to talk about their careers .   Sure was an enjoyable night.....:t: 

Who do you want to hear? 

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Who do you want to hear? 

Personally I not that fussy.  but thinking on a home attraction, someone like Terry Betts would go down a storm,   Michael Lee must have loads of tales to tell.     How about  Cyril Crane ?   I'm sure there are load with tales to tell....

Of the sport of Speedway, I'm sure any top stars could fill the club house  for a nights entertainment.    Its a long time from Sept to March  but having 2/3    of these throughout the winter months would be an ideal way of keeping that connection going .....  

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Did you all sing the new KL anthem at the start of the evening ? 

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Did you all sing the new KL anthem at the start of the evening ? 

Although the club was well represented,  I heard no mention of the new anthem.     ..................    Thankfully...:wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Embrace the new anthem instead of taking the mic..I think i'll have it as my ring tone :P

Only positive I can see out of this anthem thing is all Kings Lynn fans agree on something lol apart from the ever loyal Trees lol 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Haza said:

Only positive I can see out of this anthem thing is all Kings Lynn fans agree on something lol apart from the ever loyal Trees lol 

Has Trees said she likes it?

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

Personally I not that fussy.  but thinking on a home attraction, someone like Terry Betts would go down a storm,   Michael Lee must have loads of tales to tell.     How about  Cyril Crane ?   I'm sure there are load with tales to tell....

Of the sport of Speedway, I'm sure any top stars could fill the club house  for a nights entertainment.    Its a long time from Sept to March  but having 2/3    of these throughout the winter months would be an ideal way of keeping that connection going .....  

100%... KLSSC wanted to host a night or two this winter, we need some contacts, has anyone got any please? 

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Embrace the new anthem instead of taking the mic..I think i'll have it as my ring tone :P

You do as you so wish,   We are all entitled to an opinion ,     whether you approve it or not.........