British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

I don't get all this pressure lark, he is no different to any other rider, or any other person, (for that matter) working for a living. He has a job to do and any pressure he has is self inflicted. Whether it be riding for the young Stars in the NL or riding in the top league, it is no different. The attitude should be the same. He's doing a job he loves to do. How many other people would love to say that. If he thinks that's pressure he ought to try working 50 hrs a week in a factory for a pittance, and still not have enough to feed his family... He'd appreciate the valued position he enjoys in life.....

Instead of thinking he's hard done by, he wants to appreciate the following and support of his fans. We don't want to hear excuses for bad performances, or for not riding, we want to see him ride that bike like the wind and scoring double figures every week. As a top rider this is all he is asked to do.....

There comes a time where everyone has some kind of pressure put on them.Whether you earn £200 a week or £200,000 a week,whether your in a valued position or not.

• Like 1

I don't get all this pressure lark, he is no different to any other rider, or any other person, (for that matter) working for a living. He has a job to do and any pressure he has is self inflicted. Whether it be riding for the young Stars in the NL or riding in the top league, it is no different. The attitude should be the same. He's doing a job he loves to do. How many other people would love to say that. If he thinks that's pressure he ought to try working 50 hrs a week in a factory for a pittance, and still not have enough to feed his family... He'd appreciate the valued position he enjoys in life.....

Instead of thinking he's hard done by, he wants to appreciate the following and support of his fans. We don't want to hear excuses for bad performances, or for not riding, we want to see him ride that bike like the wind and scoring double figures every week. As a top rider this is all he is asked to do.....

I hear what your saying..People handle pressure in different ways i guess.Some people put more pressure on themselves than others.

Edited by Bald Bloke

I hear what your saying..People handle pressure in different ways i guess.Some people put more pressure on themselves than others.

One problem is that even if you are very, very good at something ( as Robert Lambert is at riding a speedway bike) you often want to be better or even aspire to be The Best. Striving for perfection does bring a lot of pressure from within yourself, if you have that sort of personality.

• Like 3

HAZA Posted Today, 10:42 AM

A new co promoter is what Im hearing with a motorsport connections.

NB. (About the above comment) Just thought it would be better posted on the original thread.

A new Co-Promoter !!.... That's interesting, the mind boggles of who that could be.... :wink:

SPEEDBALL - quoted : 'Martin at 1, James at 2'

Does that mean, who I think you mean... ???

• Like 1

NB. (About the above comment) Just thought it would be better posted on the original thread.

A new Co-Promoter !!.... That's interesting, the mind boggles of who that could be.... :wink:

yes 👍

Interesting but it doesn't mean a thing.

What matters is if the club show a genuine interest in it's fans and a decent side is put together.

For me, a guy with bags of cash isn't all that's required to keep fans happy.

Absolutely - Almost worth praying for, so long as this new Promoter is going to promote and know what the purpose of "promoting" in that sense means. i.e. filling up the stadium for KLS ( or working towards it ) and leaving Buster to get on with providing a decent track surface for every match and running all the other stadium events. We can but hope our prayers are answered ( those who pray ).

• Like 1

yes

So people are thinking about somebody with the surname Brundle. Don't know anything about their family apart from motorsport and car dealers. Would be a good boost for Lynn