British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Tinted goggles are banned I believe

Always had 6 pairs of Goggles. Clear for floodlights, various strength tints and iridium mirror lens for bright sunshine. I know frustrating but the low sun directly at the start makes it hard to see the track. But let’s be honest how many times a year are there sun delays. 2/3 x I’d rather a sun delay than standing in rain or in a cold north wind knowing the rest of the evening will be warm. 

Re start times I agree meetings should have 7.30pm first race start. Stood there many a time saying “come on let’s get on with it” - the riders are ready, so really no excuse. 

18 minutes ago, DWP said:

Always had 6 pairs of Goggles. Clear for floodlights, various strength tints and iridium mirror lens for bright sunshine. I know frustrating but the low sun directly at the start makes it hard to see the track. But let’s be honest how many times a year are there sun delays. 2/3 x I’d rather a sun delay than standing in rain or in a cold north wind knowing the rest of the evening will be warm. 

Re start times I agree meetings should have 7.30pm first race start. Stood there many a time saying “come on let’s get on with it” - the riders are ready, so really no excuse. 

Another reasons to start at 7.30 is if there are sun delays or there are other delays at least some racing has been run starting near on 8pm is 30 mins wasted time can’t be made up - for me if the club is serious about attracting families 7-30 start time is an absolute must .

• Like 2

Listen to this lot and you'd think we had a sun delay every meeting ;P

Good news about Paul Suggitt and Chris Neville?  Robin Brundle is certainly bringing new initiatives to the club, let's give him our support, look forward and hope the good times will come .......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

Listen to this lot and you'd think we had a sun delay every meeting ;P

Good news about Paul Suggitt and Chris Neville?  Robin Brundle is certainly bringing new initiatives to the club, let's give him our support, look forward and hope the good times will come .......

You miss the point Trees. Sun delays affect paying fans, whilst Suggitt and Neville might be good for the riders (personally I'm yet to be convinced) they add not one iota to enriching the experience of paying customers.

I know you do your very best to be positive about everything but there are things that need sorting. We all agree the sun being a natural phenomena is beyond the control of Buster, having an interval after a sun delay or starting late and then having a sun delay is not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

You miss the point Trees. Sun delays affect paying fans, whilst Suggitt and Neville might be good for the riders (personally I'm yet to be convinced) they add not one iota to enriching the experience of paying customers.

I know you do your very best to be positive about everything but there are things that need sorting. We all agree the sun being a natural phenomena is beyond the control of Buster, having an interval after a sun delay or starting late and then having a sun delay is not. 

LOL I almost added that they won't add any VFM but deleted it, think my next sentence was but they may if the riders are on it, but then thought oh nooooo, they don't want the riders winning, they want close racing, can't win really eh ......

It's this time of the year that I yearn for some speedway, I get a huge smile on my face just thinking about speedway racing, I'm not right I know.  

WE ALL KNOW (including Buster) things have gone awry lately but it doesn't take much to put things right, as fans we just need to have the will and the want to support the changes.  You can't please everyone but if the majority are happy that's it basically .....

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Rider safety comes above all else and if that means sun delays then so be it, what the club can do is make sure that the rest of the evening flows as efficiently as possible and provide something to keep people entertained in the meantime.

Anyway this morning's news is something positive and while only being part of the puzzle called success it's a step in the right direction. That's what the focus should be on today, we've had three months of negativity on here already.

Edited by Bagpuss
Rogue word!
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

With determination, and a rod of iron, you could put many of Lynn's problems right (and for that matter, many other club's)

Buster (all promoters) should just say:

Parade 7.15

First race 7.30

No track grading until 4 races done

Next grade after 8 races

Next grade after 12 races +interval

Of course, if track conditions/safety demand – grade

End of - no silly delay before ht 15 while team managers mess around about who to choose. If they don't know who to choose......

Referees should stop all the time delaying nonsense

2 minutes should mean 2 minutesAnd, do you know what, it is easy to know what time the sun sets - work it out and factor that in  to how the meeting is run. You could look it up now

Too easy?

Great post most sensible one there’s been all winter but you can guarantee Buster won’t listen to it it’s his way or the byway also the next generation of paying public are the children so the later the start the likelihood of them attending are slim with school the next day 

• Like 1

Right as a paying customer I expect to be treated with respect from the promotion rather than in 2017 case be taken for granted that I will hand over my cash no question asked - I want VFM  - I would like a well prepared race track - I would like a 7.30 start time by that I mean heat 1 at 7.30 - I would like maximum 15 min interval- I would like to be on the way home by 9-15 9-30 lastet - I would like to see some urgency by the promotion to keep the flow of the meeting moving - unless deemed necessary less bleeding tractors racing . 

For the first time since the 1970s I really am not excited or looking forward to the new season maybe it’s a back lash from the shambles of last season i don’t no but I’m so far not impressed by UEA or the latest press release it’s really going to have zero effect on me or any paying customer- so if you really want me to attend meetings Mr Chapman you have got to up your game considerably 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Haza said:

Right as a paying customer I expect to be treated with respect from the promotion rather than in 2017 case be taken for granted that I will hand over my cash no question asked - I want VFM  - I would like a well prepared race track - I would like a 7.30 start time by that I mean heat 1 at 7.30 - I would like maximum 15 min interval- I would like to be on the way home by 9-15 9-30 lastet - I would like to see some urgency by the promotion to keep the flow of the meeting moving - unless deemed necessary less bleeding tractors racing . 

For the first time since the 1970s I really am not excited or looking forward to the new season maybe it’s a back lash from the shambles of last season i don’t no but I’m so far not impressed by UEA or the latest press release it’s really going to have zero effect on me or any paying customer- so if you really want me to attend meetings Mr Chapman you have got to up your game considerably 

Keeping a tab on riders fitness must be a plus ? ,including a bit more banter and bonding. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that.I know you want the above.It's not going to happen every week..It seems an effort is being made at some cost no doubt.Lets see how things work out over the first month or so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Keeping a tab on riders fitness must be a plus ? ,including a bit more banter and bonding. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that.I know you want the above.It's not going to happen every week..It seems an effort is being made at some cost no doubt.Lets see how things work out over the first month or so.

I agree rider fitness and bonding is very important - the bit the promotion seem to ignor is they have major bridge building job with fans who walked away including me last season - so far they’ve done nothing to make me want to return. Probably the oppersit by the £1 increase in admission. But as you say over the first month or so of the season will see how things go . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

Y'know what they say about ' Little drop of water, little grains of sand'   It could  make all the difference .  Assuming  most riders are reasonably fit,  it is the bonding, created by these sessions together, that will make the biggest dividends.      Who knows,  this could be the impetus the riders need to motivate them to that next step.   All the riders are capable of increasing the averages, some more than others.  but good team bonding  is worth points every match....