British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 2018..

2 hours ago, therefused said:

No Iversen for the match against Somerset next week.

Good that the news was released by the club as a part of their new "keep the fans informed". Let's hope it doesn't cause anyone to give it the Somerset match a miss. And can we have the team lineups on Monday? And will any other Danish riders be missing and riding in their homeland? A full Stars team will pull in a better crowd I am sure.

12 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Good that the news was released by the club as a part of their new "keep the fans informed". Let's hope it doesn't cause anyone to give it the Somerset match a miss. And can we have the team lineups on Monday? And will any other Danish riders be missing and riding in their homeland? A full Stars team will pull in a better crowd I am sure.

Away to Rye on Monday i would assume R/R as all other teams are racing.Wednesday someone from Wolves,Belle Vue,Rye or Swindon,or maybe go with R/R again.

Edited by tellboy

Is this a new leaf the club has turned over,    Whilst it wasn't the news we wanted to hear,  at least we known what the situation is regarding Niels and his shoulder injury.   Only a couple of weeks back we were complaining of the silence when we were told nothing about the riders missing,  so it seems the Club is taking notice.  

Not sure how many meetings Niels will be missing,   the 2 next week, 1 at Rye House and at home against Somerset, offer 2 different challenges.  R/R at home will more then suffice when any rider can take a extra ride,  but away to RH is a specific track and Lynn might benefit more with a 'Horse for Courses' Guest   (if available)

We are only a few meetings into the season and although  early form is encouraging we seem to be having a lot of interruptions to the team selections.    We can only hope the surgery goes well and Niels comes back quickly, and that settled formation has a chance to grow even stronger....

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Is this a new leaf the club has turned over,    Whilst it wasn't the news we wanted to hear,  at least we known what the situation is regarding Niels and his shoulder injury.   Only a couple of weeks back we were complaining of the silence when we were told nothing about the riders missing,  so it seems the Club is taking notice.  

Not sure how many meetings Niels will be missing,   the 2 next week, 1 at Rye House and at home against Somerset, offer 2 different challenges.  R/R at home will more then suffice when any rider can take a extra ride,  but away to RH is a specific track and Lynn might benefit more with a 'Horse for Courses' Guest   (if available)

We are only a few meetings into the season and although  early form is encouraging we seem to be having a lot of interruptions to the team selections.    We can only hope the surgery goes well and Niels comes back quickly, and that settled formation has a chance to grow even stronger....

Will he miss the GP this week!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Will he miss the GP this week!?

Nope, GP then surgery. With the break in the calendar he will be back for the Stars next league meeting. 

All been done with perfect timing. Ok, R/R at Rye House doesn't look good in front of the TV camera's but it is the best time for Niels to get his shoulder done.

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nope, GP then surgery. With the break in the calendar he will be back for the Stars next league meeting. 

All been done with perfect timing. Ok, R/R at Rye House doesn't look good in front of the TV camera's but it is the best time for Niels to get his shoulder done.

Cheers.

I wonder when the fans will  be informed that,  our Star performer Robert Lambert, will be missing from the Stars line up, when we play Poole away on June 13th.      Apparently I have heard he is contracted to ride in Denmark that night....

Still Niels should  be back by then,    :t:

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I wonder when the fans will  be informed that,  our Star performer Robert Lambert, will be missing from the Stars line up, when we play Poole away on June 13th.      Apparently I have heard he is contracted to ride in Denmark that night....

Still Niels should  be back by then,    :t:

Cant believe Buster would allow his captain to go missing to ride in Denmark or is this fixture a re-arranged one ? if so then that's  a different matter

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Cant believe Buster would allow his captain to go missing to ride in Denmark or is this fixture a re-arranged one ? if so then that's  a different matter

But what are the rules.

Uk Prem Speedway supposed to have prioirty on Mon/Thur - DK on Wed - Swe on Tue and the Poles get the rest (or kind of). Those were agreed prior to this season start.

I was the poster who observed this on the Poole site (my team) when I saw the fixture and thought what about NKI and RL who both ride for diff DK teams. I noticed NKI's team were not riding on that night but RL's team were. My observations were COULD NKI be absent due to his injury treatment (or was it an Op for his problem shoulder injury from last season), and cld RL be absent as his DK team should in theory get prioirty as the Speedway powers that be determined DK get priority on a Wed.

I don't know if that rule only applies to Danes BUT if it doesnt then as  said his DK team in theory should have priority, although I know like the Swedes the Danes have a squad system so maybe can cover from elsewhere. But arguably why should they if the powers deemed the good old UK should be flwg what was set.

Not a problem for my team as they did not have riders who had DK clashes as Poole kept to their Wed race night. Having said that Klidnt jut signed but it cld be he is wiling to swap a much smaller less financially lucrative DK arrangement for more meetings in UK where he is also based despite being a Dane. Maybe there will also be some nights when Poole are not racing and DK are so he can juggle both.

Anyway just for clarity but would hope for KL supporters if there was some form of notice if he is riding or not, rather than than day before when these things tend to get released by clubs.

• Like 1

Who Knows Steve, I have long given up on trying to digest Speedway 'rules' in this Country.   I would just say if a Polish Club rode a meeting on an 'off' night for them and one of their riders was programmed to appear  elsewhere...... what would the outcome be ?

Just now, semion said:

Who Knows Steve, I have long given up on trying to digest Speedway 'rules' in this Country.   I would just say if a Polish Club rode a meeting on an 'off' night for them and one of their riders was programmed to appear  elsewhere...... what would the outcome be ?

Sweet Flipping All ( as we all know ).

37 minutes ago, semion said:

Good question as the Poles think they rule the Speedway World. Well suppose in reality they do.....

But the Poles know how to organise and make sure any meetings take place over a FRI/SAT/SUN in both EXL and Nice 1. They know how to run the sport within the agreed days but let's be honest. They chose those days so the rest have to work around them anyway.

Also if you only have 14 regular League matches plus a max of 4 for the play offs between 7/8th Apr and the play offs in Sept much easier to plan I suppose. That's only half of our League season. In effect they get one more day for half the matches we have.

You are right though. In comparison overall we are probably fourth behind POL EXL/SWE Elite/Pol Nice 1. Fortunately we have the Danes behind us but probably only just....

36 minutes ago, KevH said:

No, it's Monday and Wednesday with Swindon getting special dispensation to ride some meetings on Thursdays.

The agreement with the FIM is that we have priority on Monday and Thursday and Denmark has priority on Wednesday. The fact that the BSPA decide to run on Wednesday, Swindon excepted, doesn't change that agreement. Denmark still has priority on a Wednesday and we have it on Thursday.

• Like 4