British Speedway Forum

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

Have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see the Car Park Full sign up when I got to BP last night only to then find out about half of it was taken up by THE CIRCUS resident on the ground adjacent to the stadium ... lol !!

So there was one circus next to another circus

• Like 3

The Play/Off was a waste of time because if Sheffield or for that matter any other team wanted to join the Top League for 2018 they would be welcomed with open arms. that has been stated at the beginning of the season (Im sure) They worked hard to keep Coventry and also Leicester and Belle Vue The Coventry Promoters prevented them coming in.

Interesting that you say that because it looked an awful crowd on BT, I suppose we will soon know because if they lost money on it no doubt it will be binned for next year.

I don't think we can judge the response on that because surely it will be binned next year anyway......hopefully. :) Perhaps I am mistaken then because I haven't seen the match on BT and as the stands were unavailable more people were around the terraces than normal making me think it was a good attendance. If you are correct and it was a poor crowd it wouldn't be that surprising with the City playing, the match on TV, horrible weather, outcome a foregone conclusion and riding on a Monday rather than the usual Saturday. Must admit I enjoyed the Peterborough v Glasgow match much more.

To me Belle Vue has stood head and shoulders above the rest as they retained their original team they started with. Swindon and Wolves were both strengthened beyond recognition, using 2nd division averages as were the BSPA instruction..

With respect, that's a load of old tosh.

Belle Vue brought in Rohan Tungate - beating Swindon to his signature.

Swindon changed one position - the same as Belle Vue. They couldn't get Tungate so went with a second choice - who turned out to be better due to an old EL average rather than a second division one.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 6

With respect, that's a load of old tosh.

Belle Vue brought in Rohan Tungate - beating Swindon to his signature.

Swindon changed one position - the same as Belle Vue. They couldn't get Tungate so went with a second choice - who turned out to be better due to an old EL average rather than a second division one.

Everyone had a giggle when we took both Doyle and Ellis on bad averages, pretty much having us relegated, we weathered the storm and like every other team had the option to make changes within the rules, Musielak was available to anyone, Swindon took a chance to keep their season going.

• Like 3

Sorry have not had time to read the whole thread so do not know if this has been mentionedBut how crazy is it that a team that finishes bottom of the league get a trophy yet the team that tops the league gets sod all.

Although, technically, they didn't get the trophy for finishing bottom. They got it for winning the tie, as did the team that came top.

If someone wants to put a trophy up for any meeting, I don't see what the problem is. The trophy was probably put up by someone and may have been separate to the relegation issue.

• Like 1