British Speedway Forum

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

I may be in a minority then because I wouldn't go if it was my team. there will always be a hardcore that go but why go to a one sided match with little or no passing, the result of which doesn't matter especially if I was a football fan too and my home team were playing on the same night in a must win game.

Different strokes for different folks.

And an ideal opportunity for sufferers of enochlophobia to get out and watch some speedway .

I don't think crowds are a problem at Speedway these days.

Edited by nightshift

I don't know how any club can make important announcements for 2018 when the league structures, fixed days, averages, etc etc have not been decided.

Leicester could announce they are dropping down then its one big league! who knows?

Could be a rider who has been signed for 2018, new sponsor, track alterations being made, new stand being constructed, a sun block being put up...the possibilities are almost endless.

I may be in a minority then because I wouldn't go if it was my team. there will always be a hardcore that go but why go to a one sided match with little or no passing, the result of which doesn't matter especially if I was a football fan too and my home team were playing on the same night in a must win game.

A must win football match in October? Really?

There are at least 12 more Leicester City home fixtures between now and mid-March. There are 0 Lions fixtures.

Of course it's your choice and obviously speedway's just a casual interest.

• Like 1

The problem with premier league football is, the majority of tickets need to be purchased weeks in advance. Speedway fixtures can be changed at short notice, plus the weather can be a factor. I missed Eastbourne last Saturday because of a football match I'd commited to attending.

Edited by cityrebel

A must win football match in October? Really?

There are at least 12 more Leicester City home fixtures between now and mid-March. There are 0 Lions fixtures.

Of course it's your choice and obviously speedway's just a casual interest.

No not a casual interest, if you were in Leicester city's position at the wrong end of the table then it is a vital game against one of the weaker teams, so you are expecting a massive crowd as it is the last match of the season?

No not a casual interest, if you were in Leicester city's position at the wrong end of the table then it is a vital game against one of the weaker teams, so you are expecting a massive crowd as it is the last match of the season?

Don't get calling West Brom one of the weaker teams!!!

We finished well above them last season. :wink:

• Like 1