British Speedway Forum

Relegation And Promotion Play Offs

So BT don't televise the BV v Wolves match with a hugely controversial ending that would have made great TV..

A meeting that would decide who qualifies to try and win the Sports biggest domestic prize...

But they will show BOTH legs of a contrived bollox farce where teams swap/share riders, that will end up with either (or maybe neither) teams riding in the Premiership next year?

Looks like the Sport has a perfect media partner if they see this as credible...?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 6

So we have a promotion/relegation meeting between two teams int he Premiership and Championship but last week lowly NL Lakeside announced they're intending to just promote themselves two league to the Premiership having relegated themselves two leagues this year?

Right oh, thats seems fair, sensible and logical.

Meanwhile Damien Bates' two teams will race each other, thats his two teams that share 2 of their 7 riders. So one team will use R/R for a rider who is riding against them. I'm not sure whats worse, this joke of a meeting or Lakeside just doing whatever they please.

For feck sake :rolleyes:

Guests allowed as riding for their double up team

Re Lakeside - I think they hold a top flight licence which is 'on ice' and so as such can automatically ask to return if they wish next year.

Canny wait for Nigel explaining to the viewing public , once they decide who's riding for who , the make up of both sides .

Effectively you could have the same rider's different scores in the two legs being the difference between the two teams he rode for....

Meaning he could actually keep himself and his team up...

Whilst at the same time keeping himself and his team down...

Or...

He could get himself and his team promoted....

Whilst delivering himself and his team relegated....

(I think)!?😨

Good luck with that one Nigel....😉😂

Edit: will he shake hands with himself at the end.?😲

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

It will be very interesting to see who Leicester can get in for guests for this it will be difficult to cover for Bjerre and Bates and will Pawel P return for this meeting or will he finally get banned for withholding his services then meaning another guest.

I would not be surprised if Leicester don't try and get Dan Bewley in for Josh Bates but Lasse will be difficult to cover for.

up that way on the 11th October, enjoyed my last visit, Any news on what they expect fans to pay to watch this meeting ?

£5 and a free Burger? :wink:

• Like 2

It will be very interesting to see who Leicester can get in for guests for this it will be difficult to cover for Bjerre and Bates and will Pawel P return for this meeting or will he finally get banned for withholding his services then meaning another guest.

I would not be surprised if Leicester don't try and get Dan Bewley in for Josh Bates but Lasse will be difficult to cover for.

Cameron Heeps? Thomas Jorgensen?