British Speedway Forum

Promotion And Relegation

i have been having a look through the rules and can find nothing on the subject of the promotion/relegation matches between the top of the Championship and the bottom of the Premiership. If the meetings were held now then Leicester would be the Premiership team involved and on the basis that one of the top two would be expected to win the Championship then either Ipswich or Sheffield would be looking for promotion.

My question is that two of Leicester's riders also race for Sheffield and two also race for Ipswich. Were can you find out what the rule is for which team would get to use these riders and surely having them racing for one team and not the other makes a total mockery of the whole idea? We could land up with the situation where a guest rider was the main reason a team went up or down!

Would imagine Bates would ride for Sheffield as he is our asset, not sure about Bjerre although we did sign him first, if that even matters

more of a problem for me would be the fact that if it is Sheffield and Leicester then there is a massive conflict of interest looking at the owners / promoters of the respective teams

i have been having a look through the rules and can find nothing on the subject of the promotion/relegation matches between the top of the Championship and the bottom of the Premiership. If the meetings were held now then Leicester would be the Premiership team involved and on the basis that one of the top two would be expected to win the Championship then either Ipswich or Sheffield would be looking for promotion.

My question is that two of Leicester's riders also race for Sheffield and two also race for Ipswich. Were can you find out what the rule is for which team would get to use these riders and surely having them racing for one team and not the other makes a total mockery of the whole idea? We could land up with the situation where a guest rider was the main reason a team went up or down!

Best bet would be to forget it .
  • Like 2

really ?

well of course it is - how the fk can someone ride for a team and relegate his other team or vice versa

how could someone watch their own no 1 turn up for another team? its too ludicrous to contemplate - thats why I deleted my comment and now I've made it but a bit politer

• Like 5

It could probably work out that they would meet themselves once or better still not at all in a meeting so they could race for both teams on the same night. More time would be needed to allowed for changing kevlars.

I think Belle Vue are thinking ahead by signing the Worrall and Woodhull twins as they will come in handy should there be a clash of this kind.

• Like 3

The Regulations state:-

A Rider must be released to take part in a higher priority Meeting, unless he is Doubling Up, in which case the priority for a clash of Official Meetings is as follows: -

a) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture.

B) 1st priority to the owner of the rider.

c) 2nd priority to the previous season club.

d) 3rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.

A Transfer during the Season does not change this priority.

Edited by Blackadder

Why do people on here not understand that Speedway is and always been run to make profits for the promoters and the riders. Ask any promoters if they could win the league yet lose money or not win the league and make money .I know what the answer would be.

At one time if you wanted a guest rider you would ask their promoter if this is possible .Now the promoter does not know where his riders might be. Do you think that Chris Harris cares a monkey how his team is getting on when he might end up guest riding for every team in both leagues For him it is money in the bank and good luck to him.

• Like 1

well of course it is - how the fk can someone ride for a team and relegate his other team or vice versa

how could someone watch their own no 1 turn up for another team? its too ludicrous to contemplate - thats why I deleted my comment and now I've made it but a bit politer

Like you say it's ludicrous.You couldn't make it up- but they have!!
  • Like 2

It'll be the the usual priority rules.

Only speedway fans could look for a problem where one doesn't exist.

Yep, imagine any other sport in a situation like this.

The fact you overlook this as not even an issue shows why the BSPA have been allowed to get away with running this sport into the ground.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

It could probably work out that they would meet themselves once or better still not at all in a meeting so they could race for both teams on the same night. More time would be needed to allowed for changing kevlars.

what happens if both teams select them for ht15 ???

bet you never thought of that :P

Edited by ruffdiamond

and you see no problem in that?? or were you kidding? please tell me you were

No, I don't see a problem. Nobody has posted on this thread of any problem. Just people doing the usual speedway thing of claiming there is a problem where there is no problem.

Feel free to explain the problem you have seen.