British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

One of the best VHS I've got is when it was 'pissing' down at Coventry, when Kenny Carter won the British Champs with a dodgy leg. I loved that meeting for all the wrong reasons. Even in the adverse conditions the crowd was massive, Some of the riders threw their toys out pram not wanting to ride, while others showed application was everything. Dave Lanning was superb commentator, Speedway as it use to be... But the last heat was brilliant with Carter coming from the back beat the Collins bros.

Lovely memories....

Carter Qualifying at the Oxford semi was some occasion never forget it.
  • Like 1

Carter Qualifying at the Oxford semi was some occasion never forget it.

Yeah, Sidney, so did I... In them days I use to go to all the big meetings.... Stupid or What ??

I appreciated now, how fortunate I was to have a good wife, who stayed at home looking after the kiddies..

So she keeps telling me.... :o:o

Yeah, Sidney, so did I... In them days I use to go to all the big meetings.... Stupid or What ??

I appreciated now, how fortunate I was to have a good wife, who stayed at home looking after the kiddies..

So she keeps telling me.... :o:o

From 1978/86 went to alot of away meetings like yourself had a good wife who let me slouch off whenever i wanted to.Those days for me were superb never forget them loved the Northern trips as well feel lucky that i was around in that era and got to see a young Michael,Lee great days. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Hmphh, I've got some original music cassettes, so there ! Nothing to play them on though. :rolleyes:

I have as well and I've got something to play them on. Remember the Walkman? :lol:

• Like 1

I'm going to have to look it up, but I think one was league, one was cup and I also we won 1 and lost 1 (needs checking). Now you would think same teams, same track that the result would be the same............

Already answered I know, but knew this one immediately. Ronnie Correy stormed to a 15pt max in the first match, outside pass on Armando Castagna in his fourth ride I think.

Here's the match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa75U8CpsQ

For what it's worth, I wish I was in England, personally I don't mind double headers, 30 heats of speedway, brilliant :)

14/9/92

Gold Cup Final 2nd Leg

Wolves 49 Reading 41

SS KOC 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Wolves 45 Reading 45

Slow Saturday night!

I bunked school to travel up to that from Reading.

The first leg of the final was the day before at Smallmead iir - huge rain delay and we won in heat 15 i think.

Good times..

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I wish I was in England, personally I don't mind double headers, 30 heats of speedway, brilliant :)

It might sound good but the reality might change your mind after standing around for hours in the cold with track grading every 4 heats. You could of course take a garden seat, have a flask of coffee, packet of crisps and a few cucumber sandwiches to complete the picture of a typical Speedway fan. :lol:

• Like 1

Already answered I know, but knew this one immediately. Ronnie Correy stormed to a 15pt max in the first match, outside pass on Armando Castagna in his fourth ride I think.

Here's the match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa75U8CpsQ

Now there's something you don't see in the same sentence often :o:D

Do we know as yet admission prices for the double header?.

Surprisingly for once the information is on the website - £25

EDIT

They have just tweeted

Wednesday's admission prices for 2 meetings in 1 against @WolvesSpeedway £25 adults £20 concessions £10 17-18 YO £5 12-16 YO FREE 11 & under

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Surprisingly for once the information is on the website - £25

EDIT

They have just tweeted

Wednesday's admission prices for 2 meetings in 1 against @WolvesSpeedway £25 adults £20 concessions £10 17-18 YO £5 12-16 YO FREE 11 & under

It's nice to see 17-18 year olds are just a tenner.That means now with my daughter being 18 it's only going to cost £35 for 2 meetings instead of £34 for 1 :D

I bunked school to travel up to that from Reading.

The first leg of the final was the day before at Smallmead iir - huge rain delay and we won in heat 15 i think.

Good times..

Real good times, 2 full coaches and they wondered what to do so they let us in early and we had a nice quiet drink for a few hrs, Dukie had a real good meeting as the track dried out, oh happy times

Bit of rain about this morning according to the BBC forecast.But should dry up late this morning.Have seen quite a bit of lightning this morning but no rain as of yet.

Here's hoping we have two entertaining meetings with the Stars winning 46-44 on both occasions 😀

Bit of rain about this morning according to the BBC forecast.But should dry up late this morning.Have seen quite a bit of lightning this morning but no rain as of yet.

Here's hoping we have two entertaining meetings with the Stars winning 46-44 on both occasions

I can see the time is early morning, but are you sure you're not still asleep and dreaming :D . Lightening usually will only strike once.....

I think both meetings will be close, with heats 13 & 15 being decisive. We win them . we win the meeting, if we don't , we lose...

As much as I like watching this new found spirit in the club, I don't think we are strong enough to create an upset in the PO's. I can see us only being easy fodder for the winning team on a home and away basis. For that reason only, as much as I like to win, tonight, it's not that important... To see good racing, will be all the satisfaction I need .....

I'm pleased we are riding at home tonight and I only have 12mls to go for my bed. By the time you Wolves fans get home , its going to be well late....... :o

Edited by GRW123

I'm curious. Wolves running rider replacement looks risky over 30 heats to me. A poor run by a couple of riders, worse still an injury and it could be disastrous.