British Speedway Forum

Poole Vs Wolves 16/8/17

Sorry Wolves fans even with Masters and Riss back I am struggling to see this team winning it this year. I had them down as favourites but have serious doubts right now. Just have to wait and see.

So who do you think are favourites? Assuming both Swindon & Belle Vue finish above Wolves, whichever of those teams will choose whichever team finishes fourth. Surely? If Wolves are at full strength I would take them over two legs over whichever team they come up against with the possible exception of Rye House. But I don't see Rye House making the playoffs.

Lahti. define a Poole type of rider.

Finally got back to winning ways but made life extremely difficult for us when we were in control. A stupid disqualification when Wolves were on a t/r gifted them two extra points and in heat 13 with Poole on a 5-1, Andersens bike packs up. Second time in two weeks. Meaning what should have been a last heat decider. Only for Thorsell to completely miss the gate, tried to come charging through off bend four and knocked Kennett flying. Luckily Kennett stayed on but with Thorsell out of control the ref banged on the red light and booted Thorsells sorry arse out of the race.

Suprised it was such a good crowd considering last weeks efforts. Shows Poole fanbase is still strong.

For Poole:

Brady much better than last week.

Holder much improved.

Lahti hot and cold. Just doesn't seem a Poole type rider to be honest.

Kennett trying but slow bikes.

Andersen tried but the EF could have been fatal.

Starke battled and Shanes was solid.

A far better all round efford from the team. We are not strong enough to challenge this year but at least showed some fighting spirit and pride.

For Wolves:

Lindgren started poorly but improved.

Howarth got better as the meeting went on but had a monster roller in his last.

Schlein battled.

Thorsell had possibly his best meeting at Poole but cost his team dearly.

Both reserves were dreadful to be honest. Greaves managed to hold on to a second place as Shanes had a howler of a start and by the time he had got past Perks he couldn't quite catch Greaves.

Sorry Wolves fans even with Masters and Riss back I am struggling to see this team winning it this year. I had them down as favourites but have serious doubts right now. Just have to wait and see.

God you do not like Thorssell do you he did his job what more do you expect. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

Whats been said then..

Well put it this way. At least 5 of the present team will not be at poole next season.. ;)

Back to winning ways for the Pirates - no white flag just yet. An honest write-up from MF in his programme notes - looks like it had an effect - hope the riders continue to respond. Fourth looking a bit of a bun fight between several chasing teams - wouldn't like to call it. The Wurzels vs Robins double header starting tonight - will that help their cause? :wink:

i would think rye house must be favourites to get the last playoff place with two home meetings in hand over us and we still got to go there its theirs to lose just my opinion

My money would be on Rye but theres been so many unpredictable results this season ya never know.

Good performance by Wolves to rescue a point after the disaster of the first 2 heats.

Only Peter Adams knows why Perks had four rides during the meeting as he never looked like scoring and at least Greaves was gating.

It looked a surprisingly good crowd in light of the past few results for Poole - not sure where they all came from as when I turned up at 7 there wasn't the customary queue and the stand was deserted.

A shame that Jacob pulled a horrendous wheelie in heat 14 that got him rightly excluded - maybe the rain that was falling by then had a an effect on the track which caused him to lift - but he made up for that by winning heat 15 to guarantee the bonus point.

Back to winning ways for the Pirates - no white flag just yet. An honest write-up from MF in his programme notes - looks like it had an effect - hope the riders continue to respond. Fourth looking a bit of a bun fight between several chasing teams - wouldn't like to call it. The Wurzels vs Robins double header starting tonight - will that help their cause? :wink:

Sadly if Poole make the play offs and get Wolves then I fear Poole could still make the final.

Really! I Don't, with Riss back he will massive difference .

Evidence is there. 3 meetings apiece this year.

At Wolves we won by 10 in the ES, lost by 4 in the A and won by 7 in the B.

At Poole we lost by 26 in the ES, lost by 2 in the A and lost by 3 in the B.

Poole have won 4 of the fixtures to Wolves 2. Poole would be clear favourites over 2 legs.

Sadly if Poole make the play offs and get Wolves then I fear Poole could still make the final.

Wolves aren't going to get Poole. Swindon will finish top, choose Poole and take great joy in knocking the Pirates out. At the same time the Aces will put us out.

Evidence is there. 3 meetings apiece this year.

At Wolves we won by 10 in the ES, lost by 4 in the A and won by 7 in the B.

At Poole we lost by 26 in the ES, lost by 2 in the A and lost by 3 in the B.

Poole have won 4 of the fixtures to Wolves 2. Poole would be clear favourites over 2 legs.

Not when we are full strength, the A meeting at Monmore was a freak result due to Kyle's injury and we were always going to be up against it last night without Sam and Mark.The fact that we were so close after 13 heats speaks volumes I think a full strength Wolves side should easily see off this Pirates line-up over 2 legs. Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1