British Speedway Forum

Poole Vs Wolves 16/8/17

Worthy of a mention also is Nathan Greaves, has come on leaps and bounds as our 2pt average no7, especially away from home. 4 points tonight is an excellent effort.

Ellis you would be quicker on a.........🚴🚴🚴

He's been abysmal unfortunately, appreciate his effort but Greaves has consistently outscored him. Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1

Worthy of a mention also is Nathan Greaves, has come on leaps and bounds as our 2pt average no7, especially away from home. 4 points tonight is an excellent effort.

He's been abysmal unfortunately, appreciate his effort but Greaves has consistently outscored him.

I would of put Greaves in for Perks in heat 12.

Finally got back to winning ways but made life extremely difficult for us when we were in control. A stupid disqualification when Wolves were on a t/r gifted them two extra points and in heat 13 with Poole on a 5-1, Andersens bike packs up. Second time in two weeks. Meaning what should have been a last heat decider. Only for Thorsell to completely miss the gate, tried to come charging through off bend four and knocked Kennett flying. Luckily Kennett stayed on but with Thorsell out of control the ref banged on the red light and booted Thorsells sorry arse out of the race.

Suprised it was such a good crowd considering last weeks efforts. Shows Poole fanbase is still strong.

For Poole:

Brady much better than last week.

Holder much improved.

Lahti hot and cold. Just doesn't seem a Poole type rider to be honest.

Kennett trying but slow bikes.

Andersen tried but the EF could have been fatal.

Starke battled and Shanes was solid.

A far better all round efford from the team. We are not strong enough to challenge this year but at least showed some fighting spirit and pride.

For Wolves:

Lindgren started poorly but improved.

Howarth got better as the meeting went on but had a monster roller in his last.

Schlein battled.

Thorsell had possibly his best meeting at Poole but cost his team dearly.

Both reserves were dreadful to be honest. Greaves managed to hold on to a second place as Shanes had a howler of a start and by the time he had got past Perks he couldn't quite catch Greaves.

Sorry Wolves fans even with Masters and Riss back I am struggling to see this team winning it this year. I had them down as favourites but have serious doubts right now. Just have to wait and see.

Finally got back to winning ways but made life extremely difficult for us when we were in control. A stupid disqualification when Wolves were on a t/r gifted them two extra points and in heat 13 with Poole on a 5-1, Andersens bike packs up. Second time in two weeks. Meaning what should have been a last heat decider. Only for Thorsell to completely miss the gate, tried to come charging through off bend four and knocked Kennett flying. Luckily Kennett stayed on but with Thorsell out of control the ref banged on the red light and booted Thorsells sorry arse out of the race.

Suprised it was such a good crowd considering last weeks efforts. Shows Poole fanbase is still strong.

For Poole:

Brady much better than last week.

Holder much improved.

Lahti hot and cold. Just doesn't seem a Poole type rider to be honest.

Kennett trying but slow bikes.

Andersen tried but the EF could have been fatal.

Starke battled and Shanes was solid.

A far better all round efford from the team. We are not strong enough to challenge this year but at least showed some fighting spirit and pride.

For Wolves:

Lindgren started poorly but improved.

Howarth got better as the meeting went on but had a monster roller in his last.

Schlein battled.

Thorsell had possibly his best meeting at Poole but cost his team dearly.

Both reserves were dreadful to be honest. Greaves managed to hold on to a second place as Shanes had a howler of a start and by the time he had got past Perks he couldn't quite catch Greaves.

Sorry Wolves fans even with Masters and Riss back I am struggling to see this team winning it this year. I had them down as favourites but have serious doubts right now. Just have to wait and see.

Lahti. define a Poole type of rider.

I don't think we are favourites though, surely Swindon must be? We haven't been good enough away this season at all unfortunately.

• Like 1

I don't think we are favourites though, surely Swindon must be? We haven't been good enough away this season at all unfortunately.

Wolves as underdogs? Where have I seen that before ? 😀 Get Riss and Masters back and see how we go. Although for me I have say that Swindon are clear favourites.

• Like 2