British Speedway Forum

Sgp Wildcards 2018

MJJ, Vaculik, Fricke and Milik ....

NKI, Nicki P and Hancock have had their day imo, lets have young fresh blood to brighten things up...

I'd say that whoever of Lebedevs and Milik finished highest in SEC should get one. Milik good in the few SGP:s he rode but Lebedebs were really great in SWC.

As for MJJ, he have been descent in Poland but pretty poor in Sweden so I don't think he'll be a good choice,

Holder haven't showed anything that makes him more deserving of a wild card then Vaculik but whoever finish 9th should get it.

Too late to change the format now but why not have qualifying races before the meeting (say the afternoon on the day of the meeting) for those outside the top eight. Throw in a couple of local riders as well and then hopefully the main meeting will be a competitive affair. The track can then be prepared for the evening meeting. This also makes it better for the fans as an event to attend.

Too late to change the format now but why not have qualifying races before the meeting (say the afternoon on the day of the meeting) for those outside the top eight. Throw in a couple of local riders as well and then hopefully the main meeting will be a competitive affair. The track can then be prepared for the evening meeting. This also makes it better for the fans as an event to attend.

More riders means more expense.

Plus would you want to travel to Australia for maybe only a couple of rides?

"Throw in a couple of local riders"? More farce-making for the "circus"

I'm going to go with Milik, Lebedevs, Madsen and Piotre Pawlicki. I feel funny saying this (as an American) but if Hancock could give a better interview and be a little sincere once in a while maybe......

Milik: has a descent showing in his GP rides, plus the Golden helmet winner and a very good chance in the SEC.

Lebedevs: An exciting rider who would liven things up a bit as seen in the SWC.

Madson: When he's on he can ride with anyone.....although inconsistent. But aren't a majority of the current riders inconsistent?

Piotre Pawlicki: You won't find a tougher rider, a very good rider and IMO deserves another season.

I have to say that I was very impressed with Frick's speed and the Wild Cards performance in the GP in Torun.

I don't think there is any way Vaculik will score 18 points in Australia, so Lindgren's spot is assured.

Either way I would say both (Lindgren & Vaculik) deserve a Wildcard.

Hancock deserves a Wildcard.

A Dane will get a Wildcard. I'd chose Iversen if fully fit, if not then Jepsen-Jensen. Sorry Pedersen fans, he just wasn't looking competitive this year. And Madsen has never done anything to suggest he would be competitive at GP level.

Then it is to me, a straight choice between Milik & Lebedevs. And I would give it to whichever one wins the SEC, unless Jonsson or Laguta overhaul both in which case I would give it choose Milik for his performances in the GP's this year.

Both Holder & Lindback have has dire series. The only form Lindback has shown all year was at the SWC, when he was admittedly superb.

This post most closely mirrors my thinking.

So Hancock, Vaculik, Iversen and Milik are my picks with Lebedevs, MJJ or Kildemand and Fricke as the reserves.

I always laugh when people say this or that particular rider 'deserves' to be in the gp.

The only riders who deserve to be in next years series are the 11 qualifiers.

Personally I believe that there shouldn't be any wildcards (apart from the 1 local rider) and everybody should have to qualify, like in the early years of the series.

Obviously it would be unfortunate for riders like Hancock and Iversen, but injury is part of the sport and riders have missed world finals before through being injured...All riders below 8th should have to go through the qualifiers to get back in, with the top 7 from the challenge making up the 15.

It seems though that wildcards are here to stay so imo Hancock and Holder are nailed on as the organisers won't want the world championship getting too European.

The token Dane will more than likely be Iversen, and then probably Vaculik.

I believe Milik and Lebedevs will have to qualify through the challenge to get in as their both very inconsistent.

Milik has done well as a wildcard but I reckon he would struggle through a full season...Plus he was pretty awful in the World Cup against not the stongest of opposition.

• Like 1

I think it should be:

1. Greg Hancock

2. Nicki Pedersen if they think he’s fit enough. NKI otherwise.

3. Vaclav Milik

4. Andzejs Lebedevs

The only other rider who should be considered is Vaculik. With a strong enough showing in Australia, he could grab the place of Milik or Lebedevs.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Assuming wild cards are offered to Hancock and Pedersen, and it's difficult to see this not happening, and also to the rider finishing the season in 9th, place which happens more often than not, that leaves a hell of a lot of worthy applicants chasing one spot. Iversen, Lebedevs, Milik,Drabik and Hampel spring to mind for a start.What if Holder and Vaculik tie for 9th. place, do both or neither get a wild card?.

Personally I don' agree with wildcards as I would prefer top 8 from the series and top 8 from the challenge, but as we have to have them I would opt for Hancock, Pedersen, Milik and Lebedevs.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I don' agree with wildcards as I would prefer top 8 from the series and top 8 from the challenge.

Agreed, injuries happen, but it was always the case, the World Final would miss key riders because of injury preventing them qualifying.

I think if wildcards are to be used they should only be used in case of existing SGP riders missing much of a SGP season through early season injury, but if no rider qualifies through injury then yes top 8 from the SGP Challenge.