British Speedway Forum

Bt Sport Coverage

51 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DEAL about to be signed

Good job for them, I was getting ready to cancel my subscription like I did with Sky Sport last year...... hmmmm please don’t tell me we’re going back to Sky :(

Both Tatum & Pearson are annoying, but not as annoying as Ermolenko on commentary.  That I can ignore, what I can't ignore is whoever is responsible for the live footage being pants.

Imagine. Wolves v Swindon Grand Final.  Wolves @ Monmore need a 4-2 to win. Wolves gate on a 5-1,  Lindgren hogs the inside gives way to Throsell around the outside to lead, Thorsell naffs off.

With Lindgren riding defensive Doyle nips into second at the end of the second lap. Doyle gives chase on Throsell but gives up, drops back to assist Morris, by hampering Lindgrens line at the end of lap 3..... What happens next?

No one will ever know....

All the TV home viewers see is Thorsell streaking home to take the flag, an untroubled lap.

6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

STILL BT not SKY ...

Good, because I have BT but not Sky! Much as I think Natilie is a great presenter, Sky's coverage was better, though.

Hopefully BT will understand the importance of minor placings more this year. Great that it will still be getting covered though.

3 minutes ago, sugarray said:

I'd have to disagree Sky coverage was worse apart from not just following rider in 1st.

Pretty key point, though, don't you think?

If it wasn't for that I'd agree that BT is better, but that can completely wreck it. I find myself getting frustrated sometimes watching BT because of that. I never had that with Sky.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 1

Just now, mike1944 said:

Sky did have quite a few years experience with filming speedway, if BT does show speedway again this year perhaps they will learn by experience as they progress through the season.

Only if someone or ideally many tell them.

I think BT coverage is far better especially with the after meeting interviews and chit chat much better than the rushed finishes with sky .

Natalie is quality and whilst I admit Nigel and Kevin are too shouty, you can’t knock the enthusiasm.

we should start a petition to get Floppy back I thought he was really good.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, naffer said:

I think BT coverage is far better especially with the after meeting interviews and chit chat much better than the rushed finishes with sky .

Natalie is quality and whilst I admit Nigel and Kevin are too shouty, you can’t knock the enthusiasm.

we should start a petition to get Floppy back I thought he was really good.

Agree i wonder what david norris is doing these day i hate to think !!!