British Speedway Forum

Poole Vs Rye House Thurs 10/8/17

makes more sense if so. Still wouldnt have used Holder would have used Kennett. I was shocked when i was looking at the updates and it wasnt Hans and Eddie

I wouldnt class Hans Andersen as a bottler. By all accounts him and Freddie had a real good tussle in heat 13. He hadnt had a great night but had a fall when in second and then was part of the 8-1 before heat 13.

He had nothing to gain by not being in the last heat unless he had bike issues.

I would have thought he would have ridden as in that situation as even though he hadnt scored that well he would have been the most likely Poole rider to make a start when needed and get a second place to get Poole a point

We agree on something Gavan! I would have done Hans and Kennett too, but it was pointed out to me that Lahti had scored ten, that person obv forgot he got 6 of them in one race!! :D

Looking forward to seeing a full Poole 1-7 tomorrow night. Might take Brady a week or two to get back his full fitness but much better than r/r.

The return of KK makes this a spicy meeting and hard to predict. Weather set fair.

Looking forward to tonights meeting,with Somerset winning last night now is the time for Poole to rediscover some home form.

With Kasprzak at reserve and track experts in Bomber and Nicholls for Rye-House it will be tough.

We need to pick up 3 points tonight and keep our season alive.

Poole surely must win this by around 10 i would say but it could be interesting.

Kings Lynn imploding has helped Poole stay 4th but Somerset are catching but i think will fall short.

However if Poole do lose tonight then Somerset ride at home to Leicester before Poole ride again and could go level on points.

But Poole now have 4 home meetings on the trot starting tonight and then they have a home and away against a very weak Kings Lynn side so should in my opinion just about hold on.

Wouldnt it be a strange old season if 2 teams totally written off at the start in Swindon and Somerset make it to the play offs!

• Like 1

As a Rye House fan and going tonight are there any others going? and where is the best place to stand?

will be there - often watch on first/second bend or in the stand at the first bend end - should be a few of us there

Pirates riding order? Any guess?

My guess for Brady's first meeting back when he might still be a little 'sluggish', is

1.Kurtz; 2. Kennett; 3. Holder; 4. Lahti; 5. Andersen; 6.Starke; 7. Shanes.

Otherwise 1.Kurtz; 2. Holder; 3. Lahti; 4.Kennett; 5. Andersen; 6. Starke; 7. Shanes.

Edited by Skidder1

My guess for Brady's first meeting back when he might still be a little 'sluggish', is

1.Kurtz; 2. Kennett; 3. Holder; 4. Lahti; 5. Andersen; 6.Starke; 7. Shanes.

Otherwise 1.Kurtz; 2. Holder; 3. Lahti; 4.Kennett; 5. Andersen; 6. Starke; 7. Shanes.

I don't think it matters either way - that's a shocking looking 1-7

Rye House by 4 to really put the 4th place up for grabs.

KK to be the match winner.... who'd have thought it eh.. KK to win a match at Poole.. :P

Swindon fans causing mischeif just enjoy the season and your current fantastic form.

Remember though what goes around comes around and if you choke in the playoffs expect lots of gloating from the Poole fans.

• Like 1

Swindon fans causing mischeif just enjoy the season and your current fantastic form.

Remember though what goes around comes around and if you choke in the playoffs expect lots of gloating from the Poole fans.

You see, that's the difference between us, Swindon fans don't have a win at all costs mentality. If we lose we'll do so with good grace and look forward to next season. For us, our 11 match winning run, whooping Poole time and time again, is win enough!

• Like 7

You see, that's the difference between us, Swindon fans don't have a win at all costs mentality. If we lose we'll do so with good grace and look forward to next season. For us, our 11 match winning run, whooping Poole time and time again, is win enough!

Not a phrase that is known in Wimbourne Road.

We were touted as wooden spoon favourites, so to be in with a shout of winning the whole damn thing is great, but I certainly won't be off to Rome if we don't.

Poole 50 - 43 Rye House ish.

• Like 3