British Speedway Forum

Poole Vs Rye House Thurs 10/8/17

Clue for new rider are:

1. New to Poole

2. Not new to the league

3. Has Poole connections

4. Not British

You can rule out Dudek and Vaculik then.

Kildemand would be going to Swindon if he decided he wanted to do Britain.

Zagar will only ride for BV.

AJ doesn't have any connections.

Which leaves one rider and that's Emil Sayfutdinov.

Never rode for Poole. Had a short spell at Coventry, Has Poole connections and he isn't British.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Clue for new rider are:

1. New to Poole

2. Not new to the league

3. Has Poole connections

4. Not British

Well if I am right then not a heat leader but another possible ace signing by Matt Ford. IF.... I am right.

Is it Kacper Woryna ??? - Dad rode for Poole - Rode for Coventry in 2016 - Not British - Bargain average of 4.65 in 2016 as his closing av.

Good thing about SPORTOWEFAKTY.PL Speedway site with google translate on is it gives you updated and detailed averages.

For those not familiar this is his 2017 average for this not quite 21 year old (birthday later this month). He has really come to the fore in 2017.

Av in 2017 for ROW RYBNIK despite them being near the bottom of the league.

12 matches - 63 rides - 23 wins - 15 2nds - 18 3rds - 6 4ths - 11 bonus - Average per 4 rides 8.12 points

More interesting he sits 14th in Polish Extraleague averages - 1 below Tai Woffinden but get this. He is above P. Dudek - K Buzkowski - M Vaculik - M.Drabyk - Zengota - Lindbaeck -F.Lindgren - Piotr Pawlicki - Lebedev - M.Fricke - Jepsen Jensen - Milik....... - Shamek Pawliki - Kasprzack.... - Zagar - Chris Holder - Kilderman - Miedzinski - The list goes on.

If someone said you can sign a young rider with a little experience riding in UK who is just turning 21 sitting 14th in Polish Premier averages above all those World Class riders and you can sign him on a 4.65 average then you would snap his hand off . If Matt has signed him then he could be a brilliant under the radar signing for 2018 and we know he visited Poole in 2015 as a guest of Matt due to family connections and hinted even then he would love to ride for Poole one day.

Of course I could have the wrong rider in which case get your skates on Matt :D

• Like 1

Can someone who has possible inside info at least give us the initials of this new rider for 2018 who may be on his way to the Pirates.

I cant find anything on Twitter although I'm no expert on trawling on it.

I stick by the comments of an earlier post that I see BK and JH dropping their averages for the last of this years meetings to accommodate for next year plus Chris Holder on that still low looking 7.16. Get both Holders for maybe 13 points or 13.5 in my book is a bargain whatever the CH haters may think.

I still think Brady K av will drop below the current 8.41 (after Rye House match).

Matt Ford has kept his Council to himself flwg the RH match but he knows full well that even if they get the to the play offs they would get hammered in the semi's. Personally I would rather not qualify than have an embarrassing hammering.

I would rather we have the future riders not kill themselves on their averages if they know they are guaranteed places for next year plus have the likes of Chris Holder and the whispered new number one (whoever he is) to come into an exciting looking team.

I think a positive Chris Holder is worth a lot to Poole and helping the development of Jack and Brady going forward.

So please someone play ball and gives us some idea who this new rider may be :wink:

if this is what is happening, hopefully certain riders will be monitored for this very thing :nono:

Well if I am right then not a heat leader but another possible ace signing by Matt Ford. IF.... I am right.

Is it Kacper Woryna ??? - Dad rode for Poole - Rode for Coventry in 2016 - Not British - Bargain average of 4.65 in 2016 as his closing av.

Good thing about SPORTOWEFAKTY.PL Speedway site with google translate on is it gives you updated and detailed averages.

For those not familiar this is his 2017 average for this not quite 21 year old (birthday later this month). He has really come to the fore in 2017.

12 matches - 63 rides - 23 wins - 15 2nds - 18 3rds - 6 4ths - 11 bonus - Average per 4 rides 8.12 points

More interesting he sits 14th in Polish Extraleague averages - 1 below Tai Woffinden but get this. He is above P. Dudek - K Buzkowski - M Vaculik - M.Drabyk - Zengota - Lindbaeck -F.Lindgren - Piotr Pawlicki - Lebedev - M.Fricke - Jepsen Jensen - Milik....... - Shamek Pawliki - Kasprzack.... - Zagar - Chris Holder - Kilderman - Miedzinski - The list goes on.

If someone said you can sign a young rider with a little experience riding in UK who is just turning 21 sitting 14th in Polish Premier averages above all those World Class riders and you can sign him on a 4.65 average then you would snap his hand off . If Matt has signed him then he could be a brilliant under the radar signing for 2018 and we know he visited Poole in 2015 as a guest of Matt due to family connections and hinted even then he would love to ride for Poole one day.

so that's 4 Aussies and a Pole so far, packed full of Brits as per normal for Poole I see :rolleyes:

Good post full of relevant information.

Hope BSPA are reading it and make appropriate changes to the rules for next year to foil Poole having 5 "foreigners" in a BRITISH league team.

Someone sometime has to stop this nonsense of not giving british riders a Premier league place at the expense of foreigners who use britain as a developing stepstone at the expense of british interests.

Would be ridiculous if Woryna is a 4.6

Not as ridiculous as Musirlak this season but still another example of appropriate averages not being put in place.

Why so ridiculous ??

Is it because yet again Matt Ford may have stolen a march on others to get a prospective (and I say prospective) good young rider on a low average.

Lets not forget that other British Clubs could have signed this guy as he had no team in UK for 2017. Maybe again Ford has the foresight to see that the BSPA will probably go for around 42 points next season and IF his thinking is Chris and Jack Holder and Brady Kurtz plus a decent heat leader then indeed a 4.65 point signing who has through his swift progress this season and progress done well looks a good signing.

If this was another club it would probably not even be mentioned but seems to me when its Poole its like a manipulation. Every promoter in the Prem has an opportunity to sign him. But he has family connections with the club from the past. Expressed a wish to ride for them one day and has also been allowed to develop his skills in Poland and the Swedish second division (what little there is of it).

Also if this guy is on an upwards curve then for sure I want to see him mixing it in the British League. Anyway it was only 2016 when he got this average. Its up to the clubs to try and convince riders if they are prepared to pay the cost and convince the riders. Milik is out there on a bargain 5.67 for anyone interested. Wozniak 5.91 etc.

I also tire of the constant moans about British Speedway riders being suffocated in respect of progress. Lets get real. Our stadiums other than the NSS are old tired and many have poor facilities. They look no different in many cases to 40 plus years ago. The interest and the investment are not there. Poland overtook all years ago by investing in stadiums and their youth systems via the Elite/Nice & League 2 and also well developed junior leagues from most clubs.

In UK we have the Prem for the best of what we can get in WW riders willing to come plus British Riders either established or have or are showing talent. The gulf in young talent in Poland compared to Uk is all about investment and facilities where we are light years behind and please let's accept that the interest will never be there as in Poland so you have to make the best of what we have. That means the Prem - Champ to bring on those young riders showing talent before moving to Prem and then the National League for the youngsters to cut their teeth.

There is still a big gulf between young riders riding in the NL to even the Champ. Look at JPB and James Shanes and Jack Smith who are slowly learning their trade. As and when they hopefully will make the grade and experience initially as number 7's in the Prem.

We have to accept that unless they have immense talent then they will always be behind the young Poles as the system support in UK just isn't there so they will always have to fight twice as hard.

Anyway this post probably shouldn't be on this now anyway as its more relative to Poole 2018.

Good post full of relevant information.

Hope BSPA are reading it and make appropriate changes to the rules for next year to foil Poole having 5 "foreigners" in a BRITISH league team.

Someone sometime has to stop this nonsense of not giving british riders a Premier league place at the expense of foreigners who use britain as a developing stepstone at the expense of british interests.

Don't get the negativity to what you call foreigners.

Poland have 2 junior poles - Sweden have 2 riders needing to be Swedish. The fact is that at least both have some riders of their own nationality good enough to fill in part of the main squads.

We have 2 decent feeder leagues to bring on British talent. We don't need those to be filled by foreigners but many seem to accept its ok in the Champ looking a the amount of Aussies and Scandinavians riding in it.

I don't profess to have the answers that will solve British Speedways problems but if you think chucking in lots of British riders to the Prem is the answer then think again. British Speedway will just sink faster as people just wont want to go and watch many of the Worlds inferior talent racing against each other.

• Like 1

Would be ridiculous if Woryna is a 4.6

Not as ridiculous as Musirlak this season but still another example of appropriate averages not being put in place.

Not ridiculous at all. Those the rules. Same as Swindon with Musilak, same as Woffinden for Wolves, same as KK at Rye, same as any other rider who has come into the league. Initially he came with an assesed average, then he gained a real one with Coventry. So that's the one being used.

Musilak is a number one in the Polish top flight but rides as a second string for Swindon. Didn't hear moans and groans and demands for a re-assesment a little while ago when he came in.

Anyway the 2018 rules for team building are not yet in place so all this is pie in the sky rumour mongering.

Musielak is not a Polish no. 1

Poole are welcome to Woryna, he'll do about as well as Buczkowski, and I hope he knows he'll be just another rider on the Poole conveyor belt of dumped riders, like Mrozcka. He'll get no loyalty from them.

I'd rather my club, Swindon, stay loyal to club assets than adopt Ford's attitude of squeezing every last advantage out of the averages for short term gain, another of Ford's win at all costs characteristics that makes other clubs dislike him rather than admire him

• Like 1

Not ridiculous at all. Those the rules. Same as Swindon with Musilak, same as Woffinden for Wolves, same as KK at Rye, same as any other rider who has come into the league. Initially he came with an assesed average, then he gained a real one with Coventry. So that's the one being used.

Yep. If he's interested in Britain and Matt Ford (or any other promoter) reckons he's kicked on and is good value for his average, then clearly there's a deal to be done. It's obviously particularly incumbent on promoters to spot these bargains given that the sport runs with ceilings on team building.

How committed to Britain Woryna (or any other of his countrymen) is permitted to be by the Polish authorities is, of course, potentially another matter altogether. And DC2's reservations expressed above on short-termism will certainly chime with some posters.

But as to Woryna's average, FWIW no quibbles from me.

Musilak is a number one in the Polish top flight but rides as a second string for Swindon. Didn't hear moans and groans and demands for a re-assesment a little while ago when he came in.

Anyway the 2018 rules for team building are not yet in place so all this is pie in the sky rumour mongering.

Steve if you look back I've said on multiple threads that it is ridiculous Musielak came on on the average he did.

Re woryna this is not an anti Poole thing, my view is ANY rider who didn't ride in Britain this year should be re assessed for 2018 based on averages achieved in Europe. And these averages should be published for every rider so there is full transparency.

• Like 1

Hee hee hee don't you just love it?! In my post #283 where I shared some of the 'rumours' doing the rounds on Thursday, I made no mention of the 'signing' being a Number 1, nor a heat leader for that matter.

The 'signing' could just be an addition to Poole's asset base to give more value to the club (ie a rider that is still prepared to ride in UK) for when if it comes on the market at some point - but not necessarily guaranteeing a 2018 team place?!

Woryna is an interesting one?! Certainly no secret that he would love to ride for Poole as he still includes the 'skull & crossbones' on all his kevlars (except the Coventry ones from last season cos Horton objected!!)

Edited by Skidder1

The rider is Kacper Woryna.

Well that's 4 riders who are a lock for next year. B. Kurtz, C. Holder, J. Holder & K. Woryna.

Assuming BSPA still want 2 Brits per team incl at least one youngster then I can see Shanes being asked back but also advised to ride in Championship to get more experience. All I keep reading is lots of positive comments on how this young guy tries his heart out so lets not throw out all the hard work and investment Poole have put into his efforts and they also recognise his hard work and enthusiasm.

Assuming he keeps at his current average of say 2.72 GSA according to Poole website after last weeks meeting.

I estimate that would leave circ 12.70/12.75 left for 2 riders.

That's where it could get trickier. Janowski is on 8.97 IF he ever agreed to return which if he becomes World Champ maybe not. It would only leave 3.73 for another Brit.

Surely too tricky to have say Shanes and a JPB partnership. Another option is a Starke or Newman which MAY still leave 7.50 ish for another possible star or someone on a low average from previous years not riding currently UK ??

The good thing about forums is it cultivates debate/opinion and allows one to think of possibilities for 2018 after the nightmare of 2017.

Also nearly forgot Klindt is still around on a 5.92 GSA but personally think he is only good at reserve and that's even IF he rediscovers his early 2017 form as he started to go off a bit in my opinion even before his injury.

Much to ponder and this season isn't quite over yet except for Poole its as good as gone.