British Speedway Forum

Jack Holder Polish Fixtures

I doubt he knows himself..

As lisa-colette said"they",you would think it will be a collective decision rather than just one person making it.Mind you there seem to be plenty of people that do think one person makes all the decisions.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, what is The Fours? It's little more than an open meeting in reality. And staged on the day of the Polish league.

Imagine if the Poles had a Fours meeting on a day when there were British league meetings and demanded that the riders who ride in the UK attend. There would be uproar on here.

Holder chose a league match over a meeting of little significance. He made the correct choice, and one would hope the same choices would be made in a reverse situation (such as with Doyle next week apparently due to ride for Swindon instead of in the pairs).

Sunday is Poland's day. Everyone knows it.

• Like 1

and so should UK protect its interest - UK speedway is as important as foreign speedway.

Perhaps more clubs should have taken a Matt Ford stand.

Is it OK for clubs like Peterborough to let a rider who they already declared and promoted for advertising purposes certain riders would riding, only for them to be offered some money to let a rider ride in Poland. Not showing much regard for the British paying public, in fact its an assumption that it is ok to rip the British public off - talk about Rip Off britain, make a good tv program out of situations similar to what happened at the weekend.

I do think promoters at times rely on the die hard staunch British speedway supporter to turn up with their £20 or whatever no matter what show is put on. Trouble is, these die hards are diminishing and not being replaced at the same rate rate with new younger speedway supporters.

To be fair, there is, or was, an agreement with Swedish and Danish leagues that 1st fixture in the diary takes priority. If a rider signs for a club mid season then his original booked dates come before any meetings for a new club. If a rearranged fixture takes place then that takes 2nd place to any fixture he's already committed too. Things between Poland and UK would be a lot more amicable if Poland signed up too this, but they steadfastly refuse to do so.

Personally, I'd like nothing better than the UK, Danish, and Swedish federations joining together and telling riders "If you want to ride in Poland, go ahead, but you won't get a contract here". And see what happens. How many I wonder would give up on their other leagues to purely ride in Poland. Would they make it pay? possibly. But Poland uses a squad system, and one or two bad meetings and you are out, so won't be riding anywhere.

There is absolutely no chance that Jack Holder will be riding Championship speedway next season- he will ride Premiership, Poland and Sweden. I do not expect the Polish and 2 other to change.

Tim

It surely depends what Polish league Torun is in, if Jack Holder signs for them, as it looks like likely Torun will be relegated to Div 1

• Like 1

Tim

It surely depends what Polish league Torun is in, if Jack Holder signs for them, as it looks like likely Torun will be relegated to Div 1

Agree and if that happens it will be the Jack Holder`s they will need rather than the Chris Holder`s. Whatever league they end up in I believe Jack Holder will ride for them which will undoubtedly mean no doubling up in the UK. It is interesting that in div 1 in Poland( Nice Polska league) this season there have been a couple of instances where a team has used R/R for a rider riding on the day in the UK- Grazoniak last Sunday for instance. This is most unusual for Poland and something I would think would not be allowed next season.

No Jack Holder again today for Peterborough as he rides in Poland and Boro get thrashed and no news of any fine for Boro agreeing a cosy fee with Torun last week. What is British speedway coming to?

Jack shouldn't be allowed both to further his career and to use British speedway when it's convenient - he should do one or the other.

And British promoters shouldn't sit by and accept pathetic weakened teams week after week at the expense of the paying punters.

• Like 2

Time to let him go to poland full stop

Jack will be at poole next season, unless the powers that be tighten the screw further, and kill british speedway off completly

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Jack will be at poole next season, unless the powers that be tighten the screw further, and kill british speedway off completly

Happy to have Jack back if he commits to all UK fixtures, which would mean Poole only if he is to ride in Poland. We shouldn't allow anyone riding on a UK licence to miss our fixtures.

• Like 3

Happy to have Jack back if he commits to all UK fixtures, which would mean Poole only if he is to ride in Poland. We shouldn't allow anyone riding on a UK licence to miss our fixtures.

I would like to see Jack back. He needs the training ground

You do know that Poole are only rubbish this year because of the team Ford picked don't you? Got nothing to do with Buster or the BSPA

No, the injuries have killed us, nothing else. The powers that be are screwing british speedway into the ground.

Edited by Starman2006

Just the injuries! Not sacking Kyle Newman, or replacing KK with Kennett!

No, the injuries have killed us, nothing else. The powers that be are screwing british speedway into the ground.

ithis team was never good enough from the word go injuries got nothing to do with it

• Like 2

Despite what others have read into my previous posts, I have no argument with Jack. He was released by Peterborough to ride several meetings in Poland for, we're told, a sum of money. An agreement described by the Peterborough management as benefiting all parties.

Clearly we're not one of those parties.

• Like 3

ithis team was never good enough from the word go injuries got nothing to do with it

Sorry i disagree with you.

Just the injuries! Not sacking Kyle Newman, or replacing KK with Kennett!

Kyle got injured on the 3rd lap of Darcys meeting, he didn't even complete a race. KK was a waste of space from day one.

• Like 1

sorry even by your own standards that is one of the thickest comments you have ever made!!! Injuries have cost you lol!! Swindon have Doyle missing more than he rides in, and Wolves missed Lindgren a good reserve in Riss and now Masters!! Your are doing crap because you had a crap number one and then replaced him with a rider that had already been sacked for being a crap number one!!! You are utterly clueless
  • Like 1

sorry even by your own standards that is one of the thickest comments you have ever made!!! Injuries have cost you lol!! Swindon have Doyle missing more than he rides in, and Wolves missed Lindgren a good reserve in Riss and now Masters!! Your are doing crap because you had a crap number one and then replaced him with a rider that had already been sacked for being a crap number one!!! You are utterly clueless

1st class post. You been on the vino.