British Speedway Forum

Hammers V Eagles

TurnTwo

Sorry, not a snowballs chance with r/r for Powell and Leek at reserve. They will have to ride their socks off to get a point out of this. Looks like they may have left Saunders out to keep him to 3 matches! because this is one they were never going to win after the Hurry affair.

Realistic is 52-38 to Lakeside.

Looking forward to this one should be competitive,but i expect Lakesides top end to prevail with Parkinson Blackburn guesting for the injured Zack

There are lots of options as there are no other matches scheduled for today, Perry, Carr Bacon, Ayres.

Depends how serious they are today. As I had already expected to lose regardless, I would give Kelsey a run out for Powell and r/r for Baseby. That way Jake Knight gets 6 outings and gives the crowd the possibility of six decent races against their heatleaders.

Hope Georgie's motor gremlins are not back as it looked dubious at times last night.

There are lots of options as there are no other matches scheduled for today, Perry, Carr Bacon, Ayres.

Depends how serious they are today. As I had already expected to lose regardless, I would give Kelsey a run out for Powell and r/r for Baseby. That way Jake Knight gets 6 outings and gives the crowd the possibility of six decent races against their heatleaders.

Hope Georgie's motor gremlins are not back as it looked dubious at times last night.

Kelsey can't ride. You need to be in a team to guest.

Ayres is the guest for Baseby.

Edited by Islander15

Superb meeting in front of a decent crowd ,,Eagles got off to a slow start but came back strongly to force a last heat decider, in which Ben Morley came with a great outside pass on Eagles guest Danny Ayers to round off a superb 15 point max ,.Paul Hurry passed Ayers two laps later to complete a 5-1 that denied Eagles a match point Score 49 - 41 ... Alfie Bowtell and Paul gave good backing to Ben with good team riding, in a match that had some really great races,in which guest JPB rode well for us, tried hard.. Though i think Zack would have scored at least double his 6 points....Connor Locke is starting to show good pace,,but his over locking caused by his jerky lean off the bike coming out of corners is bringing him to a near stand still ,,,cut that out and he could make good progress as a rider ...Track staff worked hard to keep the dust down..most enjoyable afternoon... Next home meeting is Frid 25th Aug against Mildenhall.......

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

That was probably one of the only afternoon meetings I have enjoyed at arena, some good racing throughout. I guess the problems Laurence had with his bike meant he was on his second bike for the meeting as he was well off the pace. No disrespect to Cousins but surely we can get someone better iam not sure I have seen him pass anyone this season. Some good team riding by Hurry to help Bowtell get his first two wins and Morley was different class once again.

• Like 1

A very enjoyable meeting today. It definitely improves things when the opposition give it a real good go as Eastbourne did today. Too many give up before a wheel is turned when they come to the Arena. Several excellent races and an atmosphere enhanced by a small but vocal band of Eagles fans on the home straight. Lovely weather, cracking match, last heat decider, Hammers win denying Eastie a point at the death. A pleasant reminder of how good speedway can be. Much worse ways to spend a Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

That was probably one of the only afternoon meetings I have enjoyed at arena, some good racing throughout. I guess the problems Laurence had with his bike meant he was on his second bike for the meeting as he was well off the pace. No disrespect to Cousins but surely we can get someone better iam not sure I have seen him pass anyone this season. Some good team riding by Hurry to help Bowtell get his first two wins and Morley was different class once again.

I took my 15 year old daughter, she loved it, the old boy Hurry shepherding the young fellow Bowtell home.

Morley looks great at his level ( saw him last night at Rye, he is gradually coming on!)

Was Cook there today? Kelvin discussing tactics with Paul and Ben before heat 15.

Thanks to JPB guesting, he certainly looks a good prospect.

If you haven't been, don't hesitate to go as it's great fun!

Heat 15 is on YouTube, Aryes looked pretty uncomfortable and got passed by the Hammers pair quite easily.

Sounds like it was a good meeting though, I thought Eastbourne might have been more of a threat given their form but DA scored more than I think Baseby would of as I recall someone telling me a couple of seasons back it's not a track he likes much.

The Eagles certainly have a good mix of riders though as Jake Knight won't have many poor meetings like that an Brennan and Bates seem to be making great strides.

Hammers have Bowtell coming on leaps too, they just need one reserve to light the place up.

Hammers have Bowtell coming on leaps too, they just need one reserve to light the place up.

Connor Locke is coming on very well but the season will probably end before he really gets there. Personally I am very impressed with him. He is still very inexperienced and has a long way to go but his heart is in the right place and he is a trier, we can't ask nh more from him at the moment.

Nice to see some positive posts on here for a change !

Jack Parkinson-Blackburn has tweeted that he absolutely loves the track. That's after Buxtons Matt Williamson tweeting he liked the track a couple of weeks ago. The track is certainly getting praise from all quarters since Ken took over this year. That will really upset some of the bitter ones who constantly keep knocking the club and telling us how good one line Rye House is

• Like 1