British Speedway Forum

Leicester V Kings Lynn Saturday 5th August

Robert is not riding at Pbro, he is out injured as per BSPA page relayed by George English so i cannot see him riding at Leicester. He has had some serious knocks in U21 Newcastle and KL meetings. He needs a break !!

Don't say that. :P

• Like 1

LEICESTER star Erik Riss says they are desperate to play on the bouncy castle at Beaumont Park on Saturday (7.30).

The Watling JCB Lions got back to winning ways against the Stars last time out and will now look to ride elsewhere on Saturday night.

Riss admits they have been left frustrated by their injury misfortune which has stalled their progress in the second half of the season and hope to not pick up any more injuries on the castle.

But with Josh Grajczonek booked to guest at No.1 for Kim Nilsson, he is confident they can emerge from the castle with no more injuries.

Riss said: “I love bouncy castles but I can't see where I'm bouncing because of the sun

There will also be a speedway event for OAPs between 7.30 and 10: 30 (probably with a delay for the sun) and it is hoped plenty of supporters will turn out as it's just after pension day to moan about the Lions.

A raceday update with team news from both clubs will be issued minutes after the meeting starts.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 7

There are already concerns about which bouncy castle surface has been booked for this event. If it is the matt surface then Riss has already had problems previously with it, so the five NL riders guesting for KL could easily spring a surprise here. It is rumoured that the masked rider in the KL side is a "ringer" ( an ex World Champion - British guy ). All hell could break loose if he scores a max.!

This is indeed a makeshift Stars side ( as on Lions website at 11 a.m. ) There are even better words to describe it! Shambolic?

KING'S LYNN: Jason Garrity, Michael Palm Toft R/R, Jack Thomas, Ulrich Ostergaard, Kai Huckenbeck, Dan Bewley, Simon Lambert.

• Like 1

KING'S LYNN: Jason Garrity, Michael Palm Toft R/R, Jack Thomas, Ulrich Ostergaard, Kai Huckenbeck, Dan Bewley, Simon Lambert.

It's the sort of guests you have to expect on a Saturday fixture.

The better riders ain't interested in guest booking's for weekend fixtures

• Like 1

They have and it wouldn't surprise me if King's Lynn do but what are they to do when Premiership riders don't want the bookings?!?

You are right, there is nothing that anyone can do about it. Except choose not to go to watch it. It is certainly not the KL Stars riding tonight V Leicester.

I'd assume Jack Thomas is in for Jonasson as he's missing for none speedway commitments.

Thus meaning it's an NL guest or a better guest and a 21 day ban for Jonasson.

Will not be a ban because they are not using a facility

Edit didn't read your post correctly !!

Edited by racers and royals

Did Grajonek miss the Sheffield match at Edinbra last night? Also had to pull out from guesting for Leicester earlier this week? Bjerre probably well short of fitness as well. This one could be close.

It was up to Leicester to cancel this Match?? when it was known that most of the Lynn riders couldn't take part because they had to ride for their Championship side They saw a chance to get a 3 points win. bugger the supporters.

Also if you were at Lynn on Wednesday you would have seen it was a much different Robert Lambert He should not have ridden as he was in great pain due to his `falls of late.

As i said in a previous post,we like our trips to Leicester on the weekend.First of all no having to get up early the next day usually.Leave at your leisure,not straight from work,little bit of shopping,pub,food and then speedway.But as i write 09:39 we don't even know the teams.I'm sorry but the added attraction of a bouncy castle i don't think will entice me to go tonight.

The teams were on the Leicester website on Thursday!