British Speedway Forum

Rye House V Leicester 2nd August 2017

When will the current bunch of people who promote (?) Speedway realise the importance of a meeting every week on the same day and time.

Tuesday at 7.45 EVERY week was what I was brought up on. We are all creatures of habit and people need to get the Speedway Habit that

existed in times gone by. It cannot be beyond the wit of those in charge to organise a fixture list that deals with the situation. I remember at

Hackney years ago when the team went to the other Friday track, Wolverhampton at that time, they used to stage the Superama so that there

was always a meeting at the Wick every Friday come what may. I am aware that with the GP's there is more interference than in the past, but

that does not alter the fact that most tracks don't even TRY to run every week with any sort of meeting at all.

• Like 1

When will the current bunch of people who promote (?) Speedway realise the importance of a meeting every week on the same day and time.

Tuesday at 7.45 EVERY week was what I was brought up on. We are all creatures of habit and people need to get the Speedway Habit that

existed in times gone by. It cannot be beyond the wit of those in charge to organise a fixture list that deals with the situation. I remember at

Hackney years ago when the team went to the other Friday track, Wolverhampton at that time, they used to stage the Superama so that there

was always a meeting at the Wick every Friday come what may. I am aware that with the GP's there is more interference than in the past, but

that does not alter the fact that most tracks don't even TRY to run every week with any sort of meeting at all.

West Ham ? :party: :party: And I've wracked my brain and I can't remember many, if any, rained off meetings (or is it me just suffering from old age )

What the promoters don't seem to consider is that most of their fans get paid monthly so running say six meetings within that month effectively will rule out some visits due to a lack of disposable income. ..

Expecting fans to 'put away Speedway money' in the fallow months with no meetings is expecting a lot I would suggest....

Last year at BV the last month of the regular season's six meetings would have cost me around £300 for me and the lad....

Thats £300 to watch my team and their opponents parade guests and RR galore due to fixture clashes home and abroad. In meetings which invariably had little impact to the play off situation given the Aces position in the League...

Crazy way to run a Business never mind a Sport...

At the end of the day we're a Saturday night track. It shouldn't be hard to organise all meetings for a Saturday night and to keep that race night consistent with meetings every week or with a minimum gap of one week between meetings. Is the disjointed fixture list (even more so than it has been in past seasons) worth it to have Harris and Nicholls in the team? I'd personally say no.

• Like 1