British Speedway Forum

Rye House V Leicester 2nd August 2017

Could this meeting be rearranged for Wednesday 6th September, there are no Saturday dates left before the cut-off date for the play-offs. I believe the cut-off date is 6th September for the Premiership as no fixtures are arranged after that date.

the home swindon B fixture still needs to be arranged, I can see a fixture pile up on the horizon.

Does this call off affect Rye needing a guest for KK on Saturday?

Can you use a guest for someone that's never ridden for you?

Since the BSPA doesn't recognise the Euro Championships it wouldn't matter if KK had ridden for Rye or not. No like for like facility is available. Instead options are fairly limited. The replacement at reserve has to be a NL rider who is not included in a current PL nor CL 1 - 7 or who has not previously attained an average of 4.00 or more in the former PL.

the home swindon B fixture still needs to be arranged, I can see a fixture pile up on the horizon.

It has been puzzling to me the whereabouts of the second Swindon fixture from the outset. When Rye first announced their fixture list it showed them riding at home to Somerset on three occasions. At the time I assumed it was just a typo with one of the dates intended to be the second Swindon league match. Although the third Somerset fixture was soon deleted, that against Swindon seems to have been lost in space as it is not listed as 'TBA' on the fixture list for either club.

Edit: Just had a look at Swindon's fixtures as listed in the SS dd. 1st April to discover they should have been here on 6th May!

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1

It has been puzzling to me the whereabouts of the second Swindon fixture from the outset. When Rye first announced their fixture list it showed them riding at home to Somerset on three occasions. At the time I assumed it was just a typo with one of the dates intended to be the second Swindon league match. Although the third Somerset fixture was soon deleted, that against Swindon seems to have been lost in space as it is not listed as 'TBA' on the fixture list for either club.

Edit: Just had a look at Swindon's fixtures as listed in the SS dd. 1st April to discover they should have been here on 6th May!

I have been looking for that as well, can we have a double header on Sat ?

Rye have been averaging one home meeting a month since May. Now the fixture list is getting very congested. With the football season kicking in for some of us, some deep pockets are going to be needed!

Same every year it now appears....

Weeks of no meetings for some and then cram lots into the last month of the season..

Last year BV had 6 home matches in 21 days...

The result?

Teams full of Guests and RR as Poland, Sweden and FIM meetings took precedent for so many riders..

Fans then pick and choose which meetings to go to resulting in low crowds...

Add in the play off factor whereby some of these meetings are effectively 'dead rubbers' and it's not a great business plan is it?

• Like 1

I find it unbelievable that a professional sport can be run this way. Whoever is to blame 4 weeks without a home fixture is just asking for trouble.

If I was running the sport I'd try to cram in as many fixtures as possible between April and August, then use the next two months for cup and play off matches.

• Like 2

The running of this fixture is now going to be very difficult to do as Rye House have already got a lot of midweek matches planned and Saturday's are a no go.

A number of Sunday's are ruled out unless Rye House want to run without Bomber and Robbo also no Pawel for Leicester.

The next problem is trying to fit it in among all the other Championship meetings that riders have.

The only solution I could think of would be to see if Swindon could change their fixture with Leicester on Bank holiday Monday so that Lions can go to Rye House to ride in double header with Poole. I think this would be a non starter anyway as Swindon are already doing a double header that day with Somerset I presume due to lack of dates.

The running of this fixture is now going to be very difficult to do as Rye House have already got a lot of midweek matches planned and Saturday's are a no go.

A number of Sunday's are ruled out unless Rye House want to run without Bomber and Robbo also no Pawel for Leicester.

The next problem is trying to fit it in among all the other Championship meetings that riders have.

The only solution I could think of would be to see if Swindon could change their fixture with Leicester on Bank holiday Monday so that Lions can go to Rye House to ride in double header with Poole. I think this would be a non starter anyway as Swindon are already doing a double header that day with Somerset I presume due to lack of dates.

We would also lose KK to Poland

And as well as no fixtures for weeks what happens to the first meeting in ages - it gets rained off, typical. I hope the management take this into account when starting to plan for next year (hopefully) and as suggested by Shads get as many fixtures as possible in between April and August, and also in my opinion stick to Saturday nights as a lot of our supporters seem to travel from various distances and for many of them weeknights are almost impossible due to work commitments. The rained off meeting with Swindon from earlier in the year should have been re-arranged months ago, perhaps in future any rain offs should take place within one month of original date, except in extenuating circumstances perhaps. I for one shall have to get my piggy bank out later and have a count up because as already mentioned we are now going to need long pockets to pay for all these meetings bunched together. If the Promoters dont want to run on a Saturday when it clashes with a GP meeting then move that fixture to mid week it would be better than no fixture at all and ending up with the situation we are now in.

The idea of a double header on Bank Holiday Monday with Poole although a good suggestion is also a televised meeting, will BT want to film 2 meetings, I doubt it, if not it will possibly mean them hanging around till after the end of the second meeting before they can start packing their gear etc. away so I doubt they will be happy.

And as well as no fixtures for weeks what happens to the first meeting in ages - it gets rained off, typical. I hope the management take this into account when starting to plan for next year (hopefully) and as suggested by Shads get as many fixtures as possible in between April and August, and also in my opinion stick to Saturday nights as a lot of our supporters seem to travel from various distances and for many of them weeknights are almost impossible due to work commitments. The rained off meeting with Swindon from earlier in the year should have been re-arranged months ago, perhaps in future any rain offs should take place within one month of original date, except in extenuating circumstances perhaps. I for one shall have to get my piggy bank out later and have a count up because as already mentioned we are now going to need long pockets to pay for all these meetings bunched together. If the Promoters dont want to run on a Saturday when it clashes with a GP meeting then move that fixture to mid week it would be better than no fixture at all and ending up with the situation we are now in.

The idea of a double header on Bank Holiday Monday with Poole although a good suggestion is also a televised meeting, will BT want to film 2 meetings, I doubt it, if not it will possibly mean them hanging around till after the end of the second meeting before they can start packing their gear etc. away so I doubt they will be happy.

Which meeting are you referring to? The only home fixture scheduled v Swindon was the KOC match on 8th April. Up until yesterday, Rye had experienced no home rain-offs this year. A meaningless challenge match v Coventry on 6th was cancelled due to rider unavailablility and, ironically, this was the original date set for Swindon's first league visit, As of now, neither club are acknowledging that they are to be a match short.

Looking at fixtures generally, it also amazes me that any club can wind up having only four fixtures during a period of three months then six in one, seven if Swindon has to be fitted in, I expect the reserved date, Weds 6th September, would have to be for the return of Leicester as they are fully booked for remaining Saturdays.

The weather forecast for August is quite poor with some predicting the wettest for five years.

My mistake re Swindon match being a rain off. Oh well perhaps we will have a double header with them this week for the missing meeting, as Kasperzak is missing are we allowed a guest or is it rr as he hasn't ridden for us yet. Jason Doyle withdrew from the Kings Lynn meeting after crashing last night if he's not fit perhaps Swindon will ask EK to guest - what a shambles.