British Speedway Forum

Holder Sacked

I am not sad for holder or batch, you say no at work and you could get the sack on the spot.

The rules (16.3.4) state (No Team changes will be allowed after the 28th july WITH THE EFFECTIVE DATE BEING the 31st july,)

does not mention when the riders are told about changes ,............there should be a rule.

I have said before that the British leagues should start concentrating on hiring more brits .

riders from other countries are not bothered , this situation just shows us that....................!!

• Like 1

I really can't understand why this seems to have come as a shock to many on here?!

OK, not leaving any time for the 2 riders to attempt to negotiate a move elsewhere is 'rubbing their noses in it' somewhat - but at the end of the day it's Buster's pram and he's thrown his toys out!!

If riders are that concerned about 'dangerous conditions' then maybe they should question whether they should be riding speedway at all?! Either that or get a rider lobby to push for de-tuned or regulated machines that can cope with various types of track!

One other thing that doesn't reflect that well on the club is that Kacper Gomolski tweeted that he signed a contract with KL on Friday and was then later told that the club had to stick with their original team!!??

Social media is great in'nit?!

So the British Speedway Authorities declared intention of bringing the Premiership and Championship leagues closer together takes a further step forward..........!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

As much as i have always liked Holder i agree with Buster's decision, he cannot expect to do what he likes, refuse to ride when he likes and expect no repercussions. The question i would like to ask him is why it was unraceable for him but the whole Poole team, including his brother, didn't refuse to race and why, even after remedial work, he raced against his brother then refused to race anymore.

• Like 3

As much as i have always liked Holder i agree with Buster's decision, he cannot expect to do what he likes, refuse to ride when he likes and expect no repercussions. The question i would like to ask him is why it was unraceable for him but the whole Poole team, including his brother, didn't refuse to race and why, even after remedial work, he raced against his brother then refused to race anymore.

I believe Holder said unridable and not unraceable.Big difference...​It was deffo rideable,as was proved by the meeting ending and good race times.

If he was in the Poole team that night I wonder if he would of done the same.

Anyway his all yours ...Next season ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I believe Holder said unridable and not unraceable.Big difference...​It was deffo rideable,as was proved by the meeting ending and good race times.

If he was in the Poole team that night I wonder if he would of done the same.

Anyway his all yours ...Next season ;)

Yes i expect him back at Poole next season but not entirely sure i want him back, i know he is on a low average but that maybe his level now.
  • Like 2

I actually feel sorry for Chris, maybe a bit biased as he's one of my favourite riders but if he felt the track was unfit then so be it. We wouldn't want to ride an unfit track. On that night something was clearly wrong with the track as reports were riders were struggling.

Maybe buster had a right to stand up to him. And he did so by giving him a 28 day ban.

But then to tell him after the cut off that he's sacked to stop him signing on with someone else is a total low blow and shows buster for what he is.

A spiteful 10 year old?! Say what you what about Mr Ford but he never stops sacked/unwanted riders riding for another team.

This whole episode has been handled badly by everyone - riders and promoter - and I think it's very sad that neither Noddy or Batch can ride again this season. If a promoter chooses to sack a rider then so be it but to do so when they can't sign anywhere else is a very poor reflection on the promoter and British speedway. I do hope we see them both back next year - obviously not riding for KL. I also now do not want KL to get in to the playoffs - which is highly likely given the changes they have made.

A sad day for British speedway!!

• Like 6

The question needs to be asked. Would Holder and Batch have conducted themselves in the same manner if it had been in Poland ?

One might also ask whether they would be faced with a track in Poland with heavy shale prepared for sidecar speedway ? I doubt it.

• Like 1

It seems the senses of opinion is that Buster has done the right thing. With the exception of a few , and I mean a few, it is only Poole posters who disagree with what has happened. As per normal they can't see further than the end of their noses. All they are concerned with is their own little castle.

I was hoping both Holder and Batch would apologise seeing the error of their ways, and we could put this nasty episode behind us. But they believe their stance was vindicated Buster was left with NO option....

This was a decision made for the good of our sport, not just for Kings Lynn. Their is no place for riders like them in any team.. including POOLE.

Until next season...Batch prob back at Swindon and Chris could be back at Poole (not sure if Chris and Matt have made up yet!)

im a Poole fan and i totally agree with what Buster has done

I have no problem with them being sacked, it's the stopping them from 'earning a living' that I don't agree with. We didn't do that with KK!
  • Like 1

The question i would like to ask him is why it was unraceable for him but the whole Poole team, including his brother, didn't refuse to race and why, even after remedial work, he raced against his brother then refused to race anymore.

Listen to Jacks interview on the U21 coverage. He said that riders on both teams agreed with Chris. But they didn't back him.

He all but admitted helping to hang his brother out to dry.