British Speedway Forum

Holder Sacked

Perhaps there are plans to have two leagues ~ North and South ~ using riders who actually want to ride in the UK. I really like the sound of this, with play offs between the top two from each league at the end of the season.

I like the sound of that for purely selfish reasons. It'll mean I can see my team again while up here in exile

Who dictates the bikes are the less forgiving bikes that they are today ? Tracks haven't changed

Never understood the theory that modern bikes aren't suited to dirt, they rev harder so spin the wheel easier in the dirt, just an excuse to put no dirt on tracks.

Junior

Never understood the theory that modern bikes aren't suited to dirt, they rev harder so spin the wheel easier in the dirt, just an excuse to put no dirt on tracks.

Junior

The uprights performed pretty consistent on wet or dry tracks heavy or slick it's just lay downs generate so much

more speed that they can be dangerous in inexperienced hands.

Hence slicker tracks to compensate for the wheel spin that on a grippy track would throw a rider all over the place.

The uprights performed pretty consistent on wet or dry tracks heavy or slick it's just lay downs generate so much

more speed that they can be dangerous in inexperienced hands.

Hence slicker tracks to compensate for the wheel spin that on a grippy track would throw a rider all over the place.[/quot

Aren't we talking about the best riders in the U.K., patchy tracks cause problems , where the wheel spins quickly on the slick or overly wet , then finds grip in the dirt.

If the wheels spinning going in to the corner in dirt it will continue to do so, hence why Darcy Ward used to give it a handful when he turned in.

My local track Gillman has loads of dirt and riders of all levels get around fine .

Junior