British Speedway Forum

Holder Sacked

She isn't in the actual pits, more like filming him as I say .....

Why is it so wrong to have his father as mechanic?

Well she pops up often enough when he's in a televised meeting, in the pits, in his pit bay.

Nothing wrong with having his dad as mechanic, in fact it's fantastic, different altogether than having your mum clucking around, maybe you don't recognise that but that's because you've never been a lad.

• Like 1

Just a point about Holder and Poole, there is no way Poole could re-sign Holder this season having not included him in this season's starting 1-7. However I think its petty on the part of Buster that neither Holder nor Batch have any chance to talk with other potential employers!!

• Like 1

She isn't in the actual pits, more like filming him as I say .....

Why is it so wrong to have his father as mechanic?

That isn't true, whenever I've seen Helen, she has been acting as mechanic, including the other week in the World under 21s.

Just a point about Holder and Poole, there is no way Poole could re-sign Holder this season having not included him in this season's starting 1-7. However I think its petty on the part of Buster that neither Holder nor Batch have any chance to talk with other potential employers!!

It probably is but we'll never know how bad things got between them.

Wouldn't say it was petty. More spiteful and vindictive.

Yeh fair comment. But he should have heavily fined them first, then say do it again then your gone, no questions.

Why bother with a fine? That'd be shrugged off in no time with the amount of money they're racking in from elsewhere around the globe.This stance will certainly make some riders think twice about playing games in the future.

• Like 3

Why bother with a fine? That'd be shrugged off in no time with the amount of money they're racking in from elsewhere around the globe.This stance will certainly make some riders think twice about playing games in the future.

Make them think twice before riding in the UK, you mean.

Either that or riders won't want to go to KL in the future.

Make them think twice before riding in the UK, you mean.

With abit of luck, yep - The gap now between Premiership and Championship is closer than ever which I can only see as being a good thing. Once the fixture list is improved also, hopefully with some of the "big names" gone it'll help to reduce costs and British Speedway can get back onto the track again.

As if - Certainly hasn't stopped their 3 new signings :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Sadly, although Holder and Batch have got the temporary inconvenience (and lost earnings) from this avoidable situation, the real loser yet again is British speedway. Hopefully the national press don't get hold of the story, otherwise it's yet another nail in the coffin.

Why couldn't Chapman and the riders have sat down and discussed their issues before it came to this? I'm sure that if either party had offered, something could have been agreed - but no, a lack of communication has left all the parties looking a bit amateurish (including the sport itself).

It will be interesting to see what sort of reception the two riders get (if) they ever appear at KL again.

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 2

It's obvious that NO GP riders or anywhere world class ( on consistent basis ) are going to ride in the UK because of the likely new Poland and ONE other league. And because the money on offer here is very much below that on offer in Poland and Sweden. Let them ride there. If we have entertaining speedway of a lower level what's the problem? We can enjoy the "cream" in the GP's.

• Like 1

lisa-colette, on 01 Aug 2017 - 1:25 PM, said:lisa-colette, on 01 Aug 2017 - 1:25 PM, said:

Really, so riders who hold out for better deals get itchy feet the nearer the season approaches, do you really think they wouldn't sign if offered a deal...;lets not forget most riders only know how to ride a speedway bike...

Edited by Odds On

I've tried to draw the conversation to this on a number of occassions, and have noted several hissy fits from riders involved on the night on social media regarding the situation.

Here goes again. All the riders apparently thought the track was unsafe on the night according to J Holder, who is now claiming as much on twitter. Why didn't he, and others, back C Holder up on the night instead of leaving him to carry the can on his own?

Total lack of rider solidarity. It's totally baffling to me.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

I've tried to draw the conversation to this on a number of occassions, and have noted several hissy fits from riders involved on the night on social media regarding the situation.

Here goes again. All the riders apparently thought the track was unsafe on the night according to J Holder, who is now claiming as much on twitter. Why didn't he, and others, back C Holder up on the night instead of leaving him to carry the can on his own?

Total lack of rider solidarity. It's totally baffling to me.

Probably something to do with the fact that Jack still has a job.

Really, so riders who hold out for better deals get itchy feet the nearer the season approaches, do you really think they wouldn't sign if offered a deal...;lets not forget most riders only know how to ride a speedway bike...

They would if they were desperate but all the decent ones would go elsewhere. As long as KL don't want any more Aussies that's fine as they tend to stick together.