British Speedway Forum

Holder Sacked

If Buster genuinely believes this new team can make the Play-Off's (I don't but I don't care) you're absolutely right in allowing Holder to run to Poole and Batch to Swindon would have been disastrous for his club.

Buster has done what's best for his team, his business, his No1 priority

Absolutely nothing to suggest Troy was going to 'run' to Swindon ...why would we take out any one of our top 3 to bring Batchelor in? And before anyone even suggests Doyley taking time out don't even waste your time typing! The only thing it has done is prevent him average dropping for next year which is why I think he got rid of him
  • Like 1

I see Robert lambert thinks it's out of order at what's happened.

Clubs no loyalty to riders, riders no loyalty to clubs because of this and where does it leave the paying public? Leaving the sport year on year, run like a semi-professional sport.

Sign the No1 rider average wise and every rider in the League can ride for you...

Not a great starting point if you expect loyalty is it?

Every season is just a merry go round of riders moving around on a weekly basis when their average and capability at certain tracks deem them an advantage to any team on that particular night..

Where is the loyalty ever going to be when you can effectively destroy your own teams aspirations by top scoring whilst Guesting for a rival?

Riders also have zero loyalty to each other as as '28 day ban' for one rider can mean rich pickings in Guest wages for others...

A Professional Sport?...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

If any rider can be kicked out at 5 mins notice loyalty goes of of the window. At the same time a club deserves to have riders that do not suddenly walk away from the club.

If riders want loyalty they also need to give it and they need to stand together and refuse to sign any contracts that do not include conditions that work both ways, for the benefit of both parties.

Edited by A ORLOV

Robert definitely thinks for himself .... he's his own man imo.

Not wanting to put him down,but the fact that he travels around with his parents and girlfriend in the pits etc with him is often a worry even a criticism

• Like 1

The amount of ass lickers on Holders Twitter is a joke, bunch of kiss asses. How about the guys under performed all season and take the piss out of the club the last few months?

The amount of riders saying how the British Speedway is a joke, here's one, don't like it? Close the door on your way out.

As the only prerequisite for this site luckily for some is the ability to read and write, I'm sure you can look up the meaning of a supporter and at a guess that's who are commenting on Holders twitter, after all he is a former World Speedway Champion , and there will always be haters that have never accomplished anything in life that get a sick kick out of slinging shi.

Junior

iris123, on 01 Aug 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Not wanting to put him down,but the fact that he travels around with his parents and girlfriend in the pits etc with him is often a worry even a criticism

a worry?...if it works for him then fair play to the lad.

Take a look at certain riders and see who they have in their corner of the pits, now that is a worry and a criticism!

a worry?...if it works for him then fair play to the lad.

Take a look at certain riders and see who they have in their corner of the pits, now that is a worry and a criticism!

As i say,i am not wanting to slag him off,just on a few other threads it is mentioned alongside the worry that it doesn't 'work for him' given his poor scores in big meetings lately.Although imo injury must be a reason as well

His Dad mechanics for him, his Mum is often seen filming his races, don't think his girlfriend is about that much. His parents have looked after him from day one and obviously want to carry on supporting their son, natural isn't it?

I see Robert lambert thinks it's out of order at what's happened.

Clubs no loyalty to riders, riders no loyalty to clubs because of this and where does it leave the paying public? Leaving the sport year on year, run like a semi-professional sport.

Is this the same Robert Lambert who refused to ride for England some while ago

Is this the same Robert Lambert who let down Rye House and other teams

Is this the same Robert Lambert who has got history of not returning promptly from meetings abroad when others in the same meetings have done so

And is this the same Robert Lambert who will never be forgotten by the Peterboro fans

• Like 1

Is this the same Robert Lambert who refused to ride for England some while ago

Is this the same Robert Lambert who let down Rye House and other teams

Is this the same Robert Lambert who has got history of not returning promptly from meetings abroad when others in the same meetings have done so

And is this the same Robert Lambert who will never be forgotten by the Peterboro fans

God almighty, you lot are a sour bunch. The kid is 19 for christ sake, give him a break. Speedway fans in this country are such d*cks.

• Like 2

His Dad mechanics for him, his Mum is often seen filming his races, don't think his girlfriend is about that much. His parents have looked after him from day one and obviously want to carry on supporting their son, natural isn't it?

Well if someone with the longevity in the sport like Phil Rising mentions it then maybe it isn't natural

But that is neither here nor there.It just doesn't sound like someone who is independant and stands on his own two feet,which was what you were suggesting.Maybe not the best example to pick out imo

iris123, on 01 Aug 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Well if someone with the longevity in the sport like Phil Rising mentions it then maybe it isn't natural

But that is neither here nor there.It just doesn't sound like someone who is independant and stands on his own two feet,which was what you were suggesting.Maybe not the best example to pick out imo

riders having family in the pits isn't uncommon, in fact it is more common than uncommon!

If I remember correctly didn't Jason Crump have his grand dad, father and other members of the family helping him in the pits?

• Like 1

riders having family in the pits isn't uncommon, in fact it is more common than uncommon!

If I remember correctly didn't Jason Crump have his grand dad, father and other members of the family helping him in the pits?

Having your mother there is pretty rare though.

• Like 1

Jason's grandfather was a mechanical wizard, and his father was a world class rider. Big big difference imo...

• Like 6

Don't shoot the messenger

If you look at a couple of his rivals in the world U21s i think both Woryna and Drabik have their fathers in there helping them.But trees was suggesting Robert is his own man,which could be questioned if he hasn't started to form his own team and stand on his own

• Like 1

Having your mother there is pretty rare though.

She isn't in the actual pits, more like filming him as I say .....

Don't shoot the messenger

If you look at a couple of his rivals in the world U21s i think both Woryna and Drabik have their fathers in there helping them.But trees was suggesting Robert is his own man,which could be questioned if he hasn't started to form his own team and stand on his own

Why is it so wrong to have his father as mechanic?

In all my time, I beleieve I'm right, when I say KLS are probably the one genuine clubs for loyality in whole of British Speedway. You only have to look at results to see we have never brought in Bandits just to go glory hunting. We have always thought it was wrong to drop a teammate purposely to go trophy hunting. We at Lynn always thought the team we started with would go through the season and only in extreme circumstances or injuries would there be any changes. We always treated the riders as part of the team. There are not many teams who can say that.

At the end of the day it's what important, Too many clubs are only interested in winning and that's the biggest problem. The rules allow people to ride roughshod over others just to win...

As for Holder and Batch, my last comment is: 'YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW'

Why is it so wrong to have his father as mechanic?

You are getting me wrong.I am not saying it is.Each individual is different and what works for one won't work for another.But it is something that has been mentioned a number of times and by someone like Phil Rising and maybe others in the sport he has talked to

• Like 1

We're certainly not the only team GRW123.

You are getting me wrong.I am not saying it is.Each individual is different and what works for one won't work for another.But it is something that has been mentioned a number of times and by someone like Phil Rising and maybe others in the sport he has talked to

Maybe 19 year old Robert needs to be left to make his own way, at this moment he is relying on his Dad, someone he can trust to always have his back, it's fantastic to have a relationship like that imo.

We're certainly not the only team GRW123.

Maybe 19 year old Robert needs to be left to make his own way, at this moment he is relying on his Dad, someone he can trust to always have his back, it's fantastic to have a relationship like that imo.

Think Kenneth Bjerre had a long relationship with his father in the pits.Not sure if he always came over for every meeting in the Uk though nor when or if that ever stopped.As i say,it is something other have mentioned and i am sure if Robert was doing great in the SWC,World U21s and the recnt World Games then it wouldn't be a subject of discussion