British Speedway Forum

Holder Sacked

Quite a few Poole fans struggling with this decision tonight I see.. Can't imagine why :D

It's not because Chris happens to be a Poole asset, I think it's a disgrace they have stopped him earning a living, same goes for Batchelor, hopefully Kings Lynn will be fighting relegation

I said neither Holder or Batchelor handled the situation on the night well.

But nothing takes away the fact that the root cause of the problem was Buster Chapmans track prep.

Fast times don't mean a safe track. It means the track is grippy, and clearly too grippy for some riders that night. Chapman prepared it, so therefore he is responsible for the meltdown on the night.

Rather than hold his hands up and apologise to riders and fans, he sacked two riders who refused to go out in dangerous conditions at a time when they cannot find another club due to cutoff. That to me is just petty vindictiveness. Whilst some may applud his stand, none of this would have happened if he had done his job properly.

Not read the whole thread but surely the only rider affected is Batchelor.

If Holder was sacked last Monday would he not still be banned for a few weeks. Would his new team not have to put a Conference league rider in until the ban is completed.

I think if the riders were racing to the standard they were expected to at the start of the season then they would still be in the team.

Maybe speedway is just a bit too scary for Chris Holder now, i believe he said speedway is scary enough without the sun in your eyes when there was a sun break at one of the Kings Lynn meetings. I don't think he will ever recapture his best form. Too much has happened in his life to ride to his full potential now.

If he can't/wont ride a track that the reserves did.Maybe your right.

If he can't/wont ride a track that the reserves did.Maybe your right.

I have said on the previous posts that Holder could have handled it better. He could have come to tapes in heat 13 and ridden straight through them. No 28 day ban.

But Chapman is to blame. Imagine working in a factory in the metal press. Boss says the guard is broken so watch your hands. Be quick with the press or your hand will get squished. You say sod that, I am not using it. So he shouts out to old Bert who takes your place.

You are suspended then sacked. Oh, and you can't work again until next March.

How do you think that would go down at a tribunial? Basically that's what has happened.

We are only really looking at 3 riders here. Lindgren is in the twilight of his career and Holder is on a rapid downward. That leaves Doyle. The rest fled last season.

Lindgren is in the Twilight of his career??? Really? I suggest you look at this season to see he is riding better than ever at the highest level, and not even at his peak IMHO.

Buster has only done what they did to him and that was screw him and the KL fans over

Seems fair to me too.

I have said on the previous posts that Holder could have handled it better. He could have come to tapes in heat 13 and ridden straight through them. No 28 day ban.

But Chapman is to blame. Imagine working in a factory in the metal press. Boss says the guard is broken so watch your hands. Be quick with the press or your hand will get squished. You say sod that, I am not using it. So he shouts out to old Bert who takes your place.

You are suspended then sacked. Oh, and you can't work again until next March.

How do you think that would go down at a tribunial? Basically that's what has happened.

Where your argument falls flat is that there are hard and fast rules over safety guards on machinery which everyone understands.

No such thing exists in speedway, the fact that two riders walked out on their team but the rest continued to complete the meeting tends to weaken the argument for the offenders , don't you think

• Like 2

On balance I am with Chapman on this one (didn't think I would ever say that). Clearly the problems at KL was far deeper that the Poole match.

The only thing the riders at the top have that is elite is their egos and al last a stand has been made THE SPORT IS BIGGER THAN ANY INDIVIDUAL, yes it will cause some more image issues but in the long run the sport will be stronger if it is not held to ransom by riders.

• Like 2

On balance I am with Chapman on this one (didn't think I would ever say that). Clearly the problems at KL was far deeper that the Poole match.

The only thing the riders at the top have that is elite is their egos and al last a stand has been made THE SPORT IS BIGGER THAN ANY INDIVIDUAL, yes it will cause some more image issues but in the long run the sport will be stronger if it is not held to ransom by riders.

Agree 100% regarding the riders.

The only way the sport can become stronger is to increase attendances. I don't think this will help to increase attendances. Any other perceived strength the sport has gained from this is negligible if there isn't an increase in paying customers.

The only way the sport can become stronger is to increase attendances. I don't think this will help to increase attendances. Any other perceived strength the sport has gained from this is negligible if there isn't an increase in paying customers.

Seems more agree with Buster than don't.Maybe not Poole fans.How can speedway become stronger in the UK..How would you increase attendances in the UK while cutting costs.

Because Britain is the closest thing to home in Europe. I thought that was obvious?... They ride here because it's convenient to. Trust me, if there were a little country just like Australia that was closer to Poland with a sh*tty league just like ours, they'd be living and riding there instead.

Convienient to? All they do is whinge theres too many meetings, not enough money blah blah.

Their here for visa issues nothing more nothing less. Not one Top aussie gives the uk a miss. Aussies need visas to ride in europe that other countrys cant give them so they have to ride here !

Convienient my arse

• Like 1

Yes i expect him back at Poole next season but not entirely sure i want him back, i know he is on a low average but that maybe his level now.

Both Holder and Batchelor are way past their sell by dates

Not only does E I Addio have the best name on the BSF he has also written one of the best posts. Coventry_Bee also (the post not the name).

Only the best posts because they're obviously ones you agree with. I actually think Pinny has the best name on the BSF and has written one of the best posts. :P

• Like 1