British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn V Swindon 02/08/17

Is a poor team compared to others in the premiership but potentially very entertaining and also got an eye on. Next season🤘🏻 Hopefully putting Robert at #1 will kickstart his career again as he seems to have gone off the boil the past couple months.

Roll on Wednesday

• Like 1

Swindon needn't worry, if there is a remote chance this meeting will be on. Having cancelled the previous two, Buster and the Fans need this to go ahead., Without the fear of riders walking out, Buster can gamble the meeting will go ahead. In the scale of things, the result isn't that important. Even with our strongest team we would have struggled to hold the Robins in current form. So the meeting will definitely go ahead.. Only a little rain forecast later, so no worries.

We will ride and we will fight, we won't complain and will cheers loudly for all riders prepared to fight for the cause..

The result is not that important........ But having a Speedway Club is....

• Like 8

The result is not that important........ But having a Speedway Club is....

You know, I've faithfully followed "my team" for going on half a century (by gum, where did those years go?). Mine, like yours, is an honourable estate for whom many great riders have ridden. Oh there has been the odd maverick; who can forget Gary Middleton? But there has always been pride on the side of the club, the fans and the riders. You put on our race jacket and you join an historic group. Wear it well and never forget that it's a privilege. Many greats have worn it before you and many unsung heroes too. World Champion or struggling reserve, they've share a common purpose. To make our team the best, honourably.

But maybe I'm just old fashioned.

• Like 6

You know, I've faithfully followed "my team" for going on half a century (by gum, where did those years go?). Mine, like yours, is an honourable estate for whom many great riders have ridden. Oh there has been the odd maverick; who can forget Gary Middleton? But there has always been pride on the side of the club, the fans and the riders. You put on our race jacket and you join an historic group. Wear it well and never forget that it's a privilege. Many greats have worn it before you and many unsung heroes too. World Champion or struggling reserve, they've share a common purpose. To make our team the best, honourably.

It's up to the club promotion to generate this feeling of pride and togetherness, it doesn't just happen. Fans these days expect more than ever before too. We aren't like the Polish fans who sing and chant for their team whatever, we moan and groan if things aren't perfect.

very well said - I am not a KL supporter but totally agree with your sentiments - I have watched the sport for 50+ years as well - I hope Buster gets a large crowd in to show their support for what he has done

• Like 2

Zach will be missed as Knight won't trouble the scorers.

Lynn have Simon Lambert and Auty at reserve so there's a chance Rosco can wind him up to out gate Auty. Jake Is third in the NL averages with 10.27, behind Zach & Bewley (both 10.67), so he's on good form.

• Like 1

Just had a light shower lasting about 10 mins. The forecast is not good for tonight. Think it's a case of Buster being damned if he calls it off early and damned if he don't. Looks as if it goes ahead, it will be shower dodging at best so reluctantly the family have decided to give it a miss.

It's up to the club promotion to generate this feeling of pride and togetherness, it doesn't just happen. Fans these days expect more than ever before too. We aren't like the Polish fans who sing and chant for their team whatever, we moan and groan if things aren't perfect.

As you don`t watch anything Polish you might not have seen or heard the Polish fans displeasure at bad performances by their riders - the whistling is deafening !!!!

• Like 1

As you don`t watch anything Polish you might not have seen or heard the Polish fans displeasure at bad performances by their riders - the whistling is deafening !!!!

Absolutely right Tim!! Anyone that doesn't realise how the Polish 'fans' treat out of form riders must be living under a bigger rock than Captain Caveman

Just had a light shower lasting about 10 mins. The forecast is not good for tonight. Think it's a case of Buster being damned if he calls it off early and damned if he don't. Looks as if it goes ahead, it will be shower dodging at best so reluctantly the family have decided to give it a miss.

Looking at the forecast I have got there is rain due from 4pm till 11pm, I just hope that is wrong as there are a hell of a lot of meetings in Aug and we do not want many rain offs.

• Like 1

They throw bottles and are often segregated like football fans especially at local derbys

• Like 1

Thanks for this weather update. Was going to come up myself for this one but weather is looking far too iffy for a trip from beyond Swindon. I went to the the rained off fiasco between these two teams last year where we ended up watching Buster relaying the track for 2 hours before the meeting was finally abaondoned.

So your not making your long awaited return then :sad: .Can't you give the weather a little longer,you never know,you live very local.

One thing is if Batchelor and Holder were still in the team the match would have been called off by now with that shower we had :o

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

So your not making your long awaited return then :sad: .Can't you give the weather a little longer,you never know,you live very local.

One thing is if Batchelor and Holder were still in the team the match would have been called off by now with that shower we had :o

The forecast has changed for the better slightly so have had a rethink and decided to give it a go (women's prerogative to change her mind and all that) but we will sit in the car till the last minute as one of our pet hates is watching tractor racing plus not sure when we would use any rain off tickets.

For anyone interested in the weather...it's cloudy, breezy and no rain since the 10 minute shower earlier.

• Like 1

The forecast has changed for the better slightly so have had a rethink and decided to give it a go (women's prerogative to change her mind and all that) but we will sit in the car till the last minute as one of our pet hates is watching tractor racing plus not sure when we would use any rain off tickets.

For anyone interested in the weather...it's cloudy, breezy and no rain since the 10 minute shower earlier.

That seems a wise thing to do as the forecast is changing every hour.

I think King's Lynn will win this.

I can't help thinking of how things were at Swindon when people were criticising the side and we had to take on Wolves without Doyle and Morris - and we beat them.

It's often matches like this - where people are dubious about the side - that turn out to be really good meetings. King's Lynn to win by about 3 points and their fans to be on cloud nine tomorrow about the changes!