British Speedway Forum

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Edinburgh Monarchs Sgbc 30th July 2017 6.30pm

Seem to have been an AWFUL LOT of track grading if the track was in decent nick.

No one said the track was in decent nick. There was loose shale which was being bladed back regularly.

It was a racing incident and some you win some you lose. If Ludde or Robbo had of crashed then Wells would have been excluded, fair play to Riss who was last and able to drive up the inside of all 3 which forced Robbo to pin Ludde against the fence. The track was poor all night and there was very little if any overtaking, so Robbo and Ludde had no chance of retrieving anything from that race.

Interesting that the two minutes was 35 seconds lapsed and Ricky was still off his bike and not ready to race, nor with his engine running.

Dangerous riding for picking up unexpected drive, heard it all now.

A few years back I saw Rory Schlein excluded from a race at the showground whilst riding for Panthers for being out of control , he was leading the race going in the deep around the boards nobody was anywhere near him , never been able to fathom that one out ,so you never know

It was a racing incident and some you win some you lose. If Ludde or Robbo had of crashed then Wells would have been excluded, fair play to Riss who was last and able to drive up the inside of all 3 which forced Robbo to pin Ludde against the fence. The track was poor all night and there was very little if any overtaking, so Robbo and Ludde had no chance of retrieving anything from that race.

Interesting that the two minutes was 35 seconds lapsed and Ricky was still off his bike and not ready to race, nor with his engine running.

Why does a rider have to fall, for someone to be excluded? If it's seen as "dangerous riding" (whether intentional or not), then the rider should be excluded. I'm guessing the referee didn't see it as dangerous riding, so allowed the race to continue.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Why does a rider have to fall, for someone to be excluded? If it's seen as "dangerous riding" (whether intentional or not), then the rider should be excluded. I'm guessing the referee didn't see it as dangerous riding, so allowed the race to continue.

But if he was behind the other 3 riders I bet the referee wouldn't have excluded him for dangerous riding or being out of control.

Edited by New era Panthers

But if he was behind the other 3 riders I bet the referee wouldn't have excluded him for dangerous riding or being out of control.

if he was behind the other 3, who was he endangering ?

he wasn't excluded anyway, I would have been suprised if he was. It is something 'I' see regular in races and that was no different.

messing about at the start with a dodgy wheel or whatever, could be, if his bike was dangerous.

if he was behind the other 3, who was he endangering ?

he wasn't excluded anyway, I would have been suprised if he was. It is something 'I' see regular in races and that was no different.

messing about at the start with a dodgy wheel or whatever, could be, if his bike was dangerous.

I think we are getting at cross purposes here I was referring to an incident at the showground a few years back involving Rory Schlein who in my opinion was wrongly excluded whilst leading a race with no rider within a distance for being out of control.

I think we are getting at cross purposes here I was referring to an incident at the showground a few years back involving Rory Schlein who in my opinion was wrongly excluded whilst leading a race with no rider within a distance for being out of control.

ok, sorry, I thought you were qouting a post regarding the incident at Newcastle.

Your right,I have seen matches in Poland where a rider has been impeded but doesn't fall and the rider causing the trouble excluded.Here you have to hit the deck before the ref will exclude.

I agree Steve a racing incident leading to a fallen rider is a matter for the referee but what happened to ludde who was skilfull enough not to fall should have been called by the referee, next time Ludde fall off mate!! :shock: