British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue V Wolves Mon 24/7/17

BEWLEY | On beating Freddie Lindgren: I paid £90 to watch him at Cardiff so it feels great to have earn it back!

Dan and a few other youngsters should be a group of riders those in charge of speedway should help and get them test matches both here and europe etc. Some of the youngsters are very good and need the same effort and help, if not more, that was given to the SWC lads.

• Like 2

Early days but Dan Bewley is the most exciting talent I've seen in British speedway since Peter Collins and Michael Lee ,

Such a smooth riding style , never gets flustered no matter what track conditions are like ,

Fantastic prospect

Dan Bewley, very good prospect.

• Like 2

I think more like 2,300 - 2,500. About 1,800 in the Grandstand and another 500-700 in the South Stand. I don't know how many of those were children, who were free but maybe a couple of hundred.

There was extensive advertising in the local press and on social media. The question is could you get those sort of numbers regularly if you charged £10? They tried it a few years ago in the school holidays and the numbers attending soon fell after the first meeting and they lost money. Though that was at the dog track!

Edited by Aces51

Bewley was fantastic but for me Tungate was the star of the show.

Until heat 15 he never put a foot wrong and it didn't seem to matter whether he gated or not. I think Bewley would have won their races together without Tungate's help but I am pretty sure the youngster would have appreciated it.

Tungate i have always liked he has underachieved in alot of ways but last night until heat 15 was brilliant looked for his team mate at every chance.I was disappointed the Robins didn't get him back but we pulled Musielak out the bag ( who is a talent).What struck me about Tungate last night at times he didn't look the quickest but he rode some great racing lines his cutback on Lindgren was terrific. And when he out bustled Masters in one ride Tungate will be along with others very important in Belle Vue's title push.

At Glasgow we are fortunate to be able to enjoy Dan and Jack's development on a weekly basis , i know they belong to Belle Vue , but i wouldn't mind another year out of them in 2018 .

• Like 1

Share your enjoyment Paulco watching the lads develop, me through their exploits with the Aces and the Colts.

Wouldn't have any problem with Dan & Jack having another season with Glasgow. Would allow Jack to develop into a decent second string & Dan into a 3rd heat leader slot.

I've always tried to avoid getting carried away about young riders & what they may or may not do. Finding that tough though with Bewley. The intelligent lines he chooses & the speed he generates, he is a very special talent. When he perfects his gating, speedway world better watch out!

• Like 2

At Glasgow we are fortunate to be able to enjoy Dan and Jack's development on a weekly basis , i know they belong to Belle Vue , but i wouldn't mind another year out of them in 2018 .

Jack belongs to you.

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/glasgow-tigers-sign-jack-smith-12234620.amp

It was whilst all the closed season BS went on at Belle Vue.

Edited by ouch

Just watched this, recorded on BT last night. Hats off to Tungate, Bjerre & Bewley who won the meeting for the Aces. Sentiment has no part in Speedway, Aces will struggle to win the playoffs with Smith in the 1-7, although he was better tonight than he has been when I have seen him before. That could well in part be due to Wolves failings. Not that Greaves or Perks looked that bad, could be the track.

I do wonder what Adams was thinking, Lindgren could have 6 rides, why put him off gate 4 for 50% of those rides. Wolves were fairly poor Masters aside. Considering the performances of Schlien & Barker at the British Final, they were poor.

Edited by Col

Just watched this, recorded on BT last night. Hats off to Tungate, Bjerre & Bewley who won the meeting for the Aces. Sentiment has no part in Speedway, Aces will struggle to win the playoffs with Smith in the 1-7, although he was better tonight than he has been when I have seen him before. That could well in part be due to Wolves failings. Not that Greaves or Perks looked that bad, could be the track.

I do wonder what Adams was thinking, Lindgren could have 6 rides, why put him off gate 4 for 50% of those rides. Wolves were fairly poor Masters aside. Considering the performances of Schlien & Barker at the British Final, they were poor.

Which 2.00 rider would you suggest to replace Smith with?

• Like 1

Lahti only scored one point tonight! Doesnt look like he is the answer.

Exactly. There are no better options. Really enjoyed the meeting, Bewley looked superb. Why wasn't he given a reserve berth at the British final?

Good effort all round by the aces, hope we can repeat it in the play offs.

He would of been my reserve at the WTC just for the experience if anything, for me he is the best under 21 rider along with Lambert that we have.Be interesting what path he goes on next year as he wont do the three leagues i suppose?Be nice if Belle Vue get him on a longterm contract so there is the stability there for both Belle Vue is the club to develop him into a international rider.My prediction is when he gets his consistency of gating right he will take a hell of alot of beating at the new Belle Vue in the future exciting times for Belle Vue and England. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

You have to laugh when people suggest we ditch Jack and can't come up with a suitable replacement.I think he is doing OK he's been thrown into the premiership on a 2 point average and if he scores that he has done his job.Would rather encourage their development than sack them.

• Like 3

Exactly. There are no better options. Really enjoyed the meeting, Bewley looked superb. Why wasn't he given a reserve berth at the British final?

Good effort all round by the aces, hope we can repeat it in the play offs.

Genuine answer : he was Judged to be too good.

Stick with Smith and longterm someone will reap the rewards hopefully Belle Vue, i would imagine Smith next year will be sought after on his low average.Fair play to Belle Vue they have a great tradition of giving youth a chance and if Smith can get his 3/4 he has done his job this year is a massive learning curve for Jack.
  • Like 1

Hope both smith and bewley are at belle Vue next year, think both could significantly improve their average.

Have to say Jack isn't as exciting as his dad was at the same stage in his career, but seems to be a better gater.

Am sure averages will force at least one change, but hopefully we can keep the nucleus of the side for next year.

• Like 1