British Speedway Forum

Greg Hancock Hurt?

Not really a fan of Hancock.

Boring to watch-Obviously you don't understand track craft. Knowing the best line to ride. I guess you thought Mauger and Olsen were boring too.

Gating tart-Probably made more overtakes than any other rider in the gp series over the last few years.

The thing with Pedersen-Let's face it, Nicki had it coming. If it wasn't Greg it would have been someone else sooner or later.

The cheating last year-Most top riders have done a mate a favour, (would Mark Loram have been world champion without Joe Screen's help?)

But for all those who say he shouldnt get a wildcard......your talking out your backsides-Absolutely!

I take on board your answers and yes i understand track craft and yes i did find Mauger boring and to a lesser extent Nielsen but admired their skill.

Please dont tell me Greg made more passes than any other rider i dont believe that.

Maybe Nicki did and in the heat of the moment it happens.but Hancocks attitude was appalling afterwards

I'm a great admirer of Hancock !

Brilliantly skillful to watch

Electric out the gate

Having the bottle to do what most riders would love to do to Pedersen

His loyalty to his fellow riders/team mates (Sponsors)

I wonder if anyone thinks that Formula One is a load of cheating bollo#ks after Hamilton's team instructed their other driver to let Hamilton pass the other week so that he could give chase to the leaders ????

Yes.

Obviously.

He didn't do anything to Pedersen, Hancock was about to get his arse handed to him when Pedersen was pulled off him.

Really? Not being sarcastic just didnt know Pedersen was a hardcase.

Always annoys me when people break those fights up. Let em have a roll around sort it out then move on

He didn't do anything to Pedersen, Hancock was about to get his arse handed to him when Pedersen was pulled off him.

I think it would have been further handbags. Neither Hancock nor Pedersen hit me as a trained fighter. ;)

As for Greg, whether you like him or not, it's obvious that he should be given a wildcard for next year.... should he want one, of course! He could decide to call time. We'll see.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Really? Not being sarcastic just didnt know Pedersen was a hardcase.

Always annoys me when people break those fights up. Let em have a roll around sort it out then move on

Flat on your back with the other guy on top of you isn't the best place to be.. that's where Greg ended up after his 'clothesline'.

Greg has withdrawn from Saturday's GP

He misses his 2nd GP in 22 years. Who thinks there is any current rider that will ever match that record?

Oh and I think he's qualified every year, no wildcards. (2001 into 2002?)

He misses his 2nd GP in 22 years. Who thinks there is any current rider that will ever match that record?

Oh and I think he's qualified every year, no wildcards. (2001 into 2002?)

he went to the gp challenge one year and came through with Scott Nichols and Lukas Dryml

he went to the gp challenge one year and came through with Scott Nichols and Lukas Dryml

He took the "easy" route to qualification that year eh? :wink:

Good.... we may get a racer instead. #NoMoreHanCOCK

I can't believe some of you want to give a wildcard to a man who will be 48 next season. Hardly the future of the SGP is he? Go with the future.

ten years ago noo-one would have said he was the future of the GPS, but he has won three world titles since then...fact is that in 2018 id expect him to perform as well or better than any of the other wildcard candidates.

Let me ask this...

He will be missing tonight, and what will the GP be missing? What will fans miss with Hancock's abscense? He doesn't bring anything to the series... other than an OAP looking ridiculous in a green energy drink cap.

And of course the world champion 2 of the last 3 years...it's like saying what did Maugrr bring, given he wasn't a racer like Collins or Olsen.

But he clearly was not going to be WC this season, and age doesn't bring quicker gating reactions, and great fitness levels as a general rule. He is the past world champion, he won't be a future world champion so time to give the place and chance to someone else... after all, that's what he did to great plaudits for the SWC.

But he clearly was not going to be WC this season, and age doesn't bring quicker gating reactions, and great fitness levels as a general rule. He is the past world champion, he won't be a future world champion so time to give the place and chance to someone else... after all, that's what he did to great plaudits for the SWC.

Was he?

He was still in the top 8 and a decent performance at Cardiff, a track he has excelled on throughout his career, would have seen him as high as 4th going in to this meeting tonight.

I'm far from a Hancock fan, but I don't let that bias make me talk utter drivel.

• Like 1

Was he?

He was still in the top 8 and a decent performance at Cardiff, a track he has excelled on throughout his career, would have seen him as high as 4th going in to this meeting tonight.

I'm far from a Hancock fan, but I don't let that bias make me talk utter drivel.

He was not going to be WC this season... you might call that claim utter drivel, I call that claim 'fact', he was NOT going to be WC. But I will bow to your judgement on talking utter drivel, you know more about that than me.