British Speedway Forum

Greg Hancock Hurt?

I'm hearing reports that Greg has injured his shoulder at the practice. Accident involved a medic apparently, but reports are a bit sketchy

I'm hearing reports that Greg has injured his shoulder at the practice. Accident involved a medic apparently, but reports are a bit sketchy

According to a post he did then have another practice later on so seems whatever it was wont stop him riding today.

Now you tell us- shame it wasn`t before the meeting as we could have "had it off " with the bookies :lol:

Err. False dawn, 21st July?

Out of interest, if Hancock misses the top 8 this season.... surely they would not give him a wildcard at his age? I appreciate he is a World Champion,

but he can't really add anything to the series beyond this year?

Thoughts?

I agree completely with you but I think there are many that would want him to get a wild card.

• Like 1

Out of interest, if Hancock misses the top 8 this season.... surely they would not give him a wildcard at his age? I appreciate he is a World Champion, but he can't really add anything to the series beyond this year?

Thoughts?

Should Hancock be keen to race in SGP next year, and he misses a top eight place this year, I suspect his wild card pick would be automatic.

• Like 2

I suspect his wild card pick would be automatic.

I fear you could be right, but why? How could they justify it?

a) It's at the end of his career. The truth is, he is old and he would not ride through pain like Doyley is.

B ) He doesn't add much interest or excitement to a GP (unlike say a Emil, Dudek now, Tai is a racer and even Nicki (just about still).

There would be absolutely no future sporting justification for including him, other than respecting his world title, but is that fair to give him a place for that reason alone?

How much of a say do Monster Energy get on wildcards?

Edited by TheReturn

Greg was in the top 8 before his injury.

We are only half through the series.

A lot can happen yet.

Bet against Greg reaching the top 8 or who's going to win the championship at your peril. This is going all the way.

I am not a Greg fan but he is the reigning Champion. To not see him offered a wild card would be ridiculous.

But why? He won't be world champion in a month or two, and every year he will bring less and less to the series due to his age. I am really struggling to see the justification.

Out of interest, if Hancock misses the top 8 this season.... surely they would not give him a wildcard at his age? I appreciate he is a World Champion, but he can't really add anything to the series beyond this year?

Thoughts?

Monster Energy are the main backers of the series. Think it's a cert he would get picked

But why? He won't be world champion in a month or two, and every year he will bring less and less to the series due to his age. I am really struggling to see the justification.

Im struggling to understand your arguement. I will leave it there.