British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

Can't see the justification for a 9 point average, he will be a new rider, never ridden here before he can't be given anywhere near the same average as Lindgren and Doyle who have ridden here for years.

Of course he isn't, he knows less than most and the majority of what he says can be taken with a large pinch of salt.

I think 8 would be about right.

I think 8 would be about right.

Which would put him lower than Craig Cook, Brady Kurtz and Nick Morris. Is that the standard you believe he is?

At the moment we have Doyle and Lindgren over 9. The next rider is Morris on 8,87.

I'd say putting him between those two standards is about right. Looking at the averages he has to be 9.00.

• Like 1

Which would put him lower than Craig Cook, Brady Kurtz and Nick Morris. Is that the standard you believe he is?

At the moment we have Doyle and Lindgren over 9. The next rider is Morris on 8,87.

I'd say putting him between those two standards is about right. Looking at the averages he has to be 9.00.

That is true however you will have a rider who has never ridden here, may struggle so I think some leeway should be given. If we want better riders over here (which personally I do) then the averages need to be fair. Edited by hyabb17

That is true however you will have a rider who has never ridden here, may struggle so I think some leeway should be given. If we want better riders over here (which personally I do) then the averages need to be fair.

He's a 9 point rider. Anything less is an under-assesment.

• Like 4

Can't see the justification for a 9 point average, he will be a new rider, never ridden here before he can't be given anywhere near the same average as Lindgren and Doyle who have ridden here for years.

Of course he isn't, he knows less than most and the majority of what he says can be taken with a large pinch of salt.

I thought that to be the case. Most likely irrelevant as Sheffield are in a different league (as it stands). Damien Bates is a very wealthy business man and he is only one of three promoters at Sheffield. Not to mention he is the owner of Leicester too. He clearly doesn't do his research very well.

• Like 1

But by the end of the season any rider could come in on his previous EL average.

He's a 9 point rider. Anything less is an under-assesment.

You can't expect a new rider to come in on the same average as Doyle or Lindgren, a new rider is a gamble whoever it is, you could get woffy on just over 7 or Lindback on a 7, you can't say those riders are 2 points worse than Vaculik

Edited by foreverblue

But by the end of the season any rider could come in on his previous EL average.

You can't expect a new rider to come in on the same average as Doyle or Lindgren, a new rider is a gamble whoever it is, you could get woffy on just over 7 or Lindback on a 7, you can't say those riders are 2 points worse than Vaculik

As I said, it's lower than Doyle and Lindgren, but it's higher than Morris, Bjerre, Cook & Kurtz. That's about his level, or would you disagree with that?

I think, secretly, you know he is worth more than 8, hence wanting him to come in on 8.00 so that he will improve his average.

• Like 1

As I said, it's lower than Doyle and Lindgren, but it's higher than Morris, Bjerre, Cook & Kurtz. That's about his level, or would you disagree with that?

I think, secretly, you know he is worth more than 8, hence wanting him to come in on 8.00 so that he will improve his average.

No I don't, I think 8 would be fair for a new rider, who knows how he will handle our tracks, 9 is far too high for any new rider.

• Like 1