British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

Vaculik says he will race in Britain next year

Can you elaborate as to where he has said it.

I know he hasn't signed in Sweden yet which was an indication maybe he was considering UK. Many of us have made noises he could be at Poole. I was maybe concerned that a Wild Card in SGP might scupper that, but if he misses Sweden then maybe he will come to UK and hopefully Poole. I wonder what GSA he wil be given although I assume Matt would already have sussed that out with the BSPA/SCB ??

As for Holder and the SGP. I think he deserves his chance as a Wild Card after his ever presence for years in the elite and also as a previous WC. I could imagine all the fuss amongst the Poole dislikers after last season, but it wasn't so long ago he was also close to the top of the qualifiers and comfortable always in the top 8.

To me this is the make/break season for him in respect of SGP/Torun and maybe also Poole if he does sign. If he bombs like last season then I think he will be out of all 3 and for sure cant see him being given another Wild Card and Torun will let him go. Its up to him now to prove the doubters wrong.

I think he deserves his WC on what has been achieved but just like Pedersen/Hancock I think if they don't get top 8 in SGP this season then the knives really will be out to have the new blood getting them. As previous WC all 3 deserve one last bite of the cherry. Love them or hate them they deserve at least that.

I would fully support the out campaigners after this season as they would have used up their WC chances and the likes of the Milik's/Drabiks/Ledbedevs should be given their chances. If those guys don't qualify by right anyway which if good enough hopefully they will anyway.

To me its crazy that a rider like Craig Cook can qualify and most people know the guy will probably be another Harris in the GP season. I know he qualified by right but its crazy that a guy who cant even get into a POL Exl side can ride the series ahead of riders such as those named who for me are in a different league. Much as I want to see a Brit in it (besides Tai) for me he will be outclassed.

But that's how it is and we have to live by it. Whoever put the final qualifier in some far flung part of Russia where many take at least 2 days to get there I will never know. But suppose part of promoting the series in distant parts of the World.

Vaculik confirmed as our No.1. GET IN!

Always wanted to race for Poole and Matt has been after him for years.

Now Chris Holder please.

Where? Good news for British Speedway if true.

Going to be confirmed soon. It's obvious.

Ned Payne tweeted yesterday that he would be shocked if Vaculik didnt race in Britain next season. Obviously in the know.

Matt Ford has been after Vaculik for years.

Vaculik has always wanted to ride for Poole but due to other commitments that wasnt possible until now.

If Sheffield do step up then Matt Ford will easily see the competition off because he has got more money than Sheffield and he can offer a much better contract.

Edited by Brandon Bob
  • Like 1