British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

well said lisa sooner have hans anyday of the week never let us down he may mot a top rider but does is job

Agreed, If the Holder brothers want to slag off the UK, then they can go and get a visa for Torun.

They liking living in the UK, so they better keep some people happy otherwise they are going to have a problem.

• Like 1

Agreed, If the Holder brothers want to slag off the UK, then they can go and get a visa for Torun.

They liking living in the UK, so they better keep some people happy otherwise they are going to have a problem.

Or they could just move there base to Poland ?

• Like 1

Pawliki P= Needs to learn how to ride small tracks. Is great in Poland and poor elsewhere. Started at Poole and good mates with Kacper Woryna

Do you mean Piotr or Shamek?

Piotr owned Wolves track within a short time so I'm assuming you are referring to his brother.

Piotr is great on all tracks.

The Holder Bros certainly dividing opinion amongst contributors on BSF.

I would prefer to have both for reasons aired previously. However we will all have to await Matt Ford to share his words of wisdom with us, and for me it will also depend if they go for a gifted number 1 or whether they go down the strength in depth route using say HA/BK and Chris H.

We can debate it all day long and for sure opinion is divided. The points limit on teams will obviously have an impact with the current census of opinion being it will be 42, which for sure limits the possibilities with also needing 2 UK riders included if that remains the rules.

In the meantime all we can do to keep the forum going is to air opinions in the hope we guess correctly what the team will be :-)

Let's hope the wait isn't too long but suppose with the Poles and Swedes sorting their teams by latest end Nov (if not earlier for most of them) and with hopefully the POL rules on how many leagues a rider can ride in will also be known well before our SGP go sunning their bums in Tenerife for the AGM come mid November.

The Holder Bros certainly dividing opinion amongst contributors on BSF.

I would prefer to have both for reasons aired previously. However we will all have to await Matt Ford to share his words of wisdom with us, and for me it will also depend if they go for a gifted number 1 or whether they go down the strength in depth route using say HA/BK and Chris H.

We can debate it all day long and for sure opinion is divided. The points limit on teams will obviously have an impact with the current census of opinion being it will be 42, which for sure limits the possibilities with also needing 2 UK riders included if that remains the rules.

In the meantime all we can do to keep the forum going is to air opinions in the hope we guess correctly what the team will be :-)

Let's hope the wait isn't too long but suppose with the Poles and Swedes sorting their teams by latest end Nov (if not earlier for most of them) and with hopefully the POL rules on how many leagues a rider can ride in will also be known well before our SGP go sunning their bums in Tenerife for the AGM come mid November.

Sorry meant BSPA not SGP :-(

The deserve ones though. I think this year we have seen that they are better than some riders. Cook is the problem, he is a wasted space.

If I could chose our number 1 from non GP riders. I would go Pawlicki. Is he a Poole asset or a Wolves asset.

Think he would be a good choice and does know the UK tracks.

Wolves asset.

• Like 1

photo-3921.jpg?_r=0

What relevance has this pic got its 7 years old,times and people change!

Who do you want then? Don't say silly names that aren't going to do Britain.

We need Chris in the side. MASSIVELY!

Kurtz and Andersen as a top 2 is weak. Kurtz is a No.5 and Andersen is a No.3

Other names being mentioned on this thread.

Klindt - Has never improved and will struggle in the 1-5.

Janowski - Will not do Britain twice a week, Sweden once a week, Poland once a week and the GP's

Vaculik - Will not do Britain full stop imo.

The only big name No.1 I could see us getting is Nicki Pedersen.

IMO Nicki might want to earn some easy money racing against dross over here seeing as he's getting on a bit now.

I dont know havent got time 2 look what riders are available,but any riders that dont have the surname holder please.

Very disappointing to see how fickle some of the Poole fans on here are regarding Chris Holder.

Noddy rode his heart out for the Pirates for many seasons, helped us to multiple domestic trophies, and was a superb leader for the team.

I don't think he's ever been quite the same since his bad crash at Coventry, and no, he was far from a perfect role model in the last season or two, but you can't just write off everything he did for the Pirates.

I was not upset to see him move on to a different team in 2017 because I felt KK was the better option on the averages (so so wrong), but Chris Holder is an all-time Poole legend, and should be remembered as so. Fair enough critique him, but some of the slagging off he's getting in this thread is way over the top. And you call yourselves Poole fans. PAH!

Everyones entitled to opinions id rather someone else leading the team imo.
  • Like 1

Not as many iffy meetings as Chris Holder! Hans was a good captain and always gives his best.

Another one on here with short memories, Chris is ten times the rider Hans is, and was a good captain too, he will hopefully get back to were he was , and I think a lot of people on here will be eating there words

Another one on here with short memories, Chris is ten times the rider Hans is, and was a good captain too, he will hopefully get back to were he was , and I think a lot of people on here will be eating there words

Not at all, Chris is not the rider he was and i can't see him getting back to how he was before, he was a great rider for us and it looks like he is on a low average now but i think his best years are behind him.

Edited by foreverblue

Not at all, Chris is not the rider he was and i can't see him getting back to how he was before, he was a great rider for us and he it looks like he is on a low average now but i think his best years are behind him.

Given the the right surroundings, I think he could still do a good job for us,like Hans he's probably not an out and out number 1 , I think his own injuries and Darcy's have taken their toll, which is probably why he speaks so strongly about track preparation these days

Maybe he's not as hungry as he once was.Maybe his own injuries and Wards have got into his head.Maybe he's earning good money elsewhere and can't be arsed over here.Who knows?Maybe its a bit of all of them.Either way he slags British speedway off these days.He was more than happy to pick up his pay cheque when he first came over.

Maybe he's not as hungry as he once was.Maybe his own injuries and Wards have got into his head.Maybe he's earning good money elsewhere and can't be arsed over here.Who knows?Maybe its a bit of all of them.Either way he slags British speedway off these days.He was more than happy to pick up his pay cheque when he first came over.

There isn't much to slag of these days,everyone can see British speedway is in a right mess

There isn't much to slag of these days,everyone can see British speedway is in a right mess

We are the laughing stock of world speedway with all our stupid rules and regulations,lets get it back to were it use to be, then perhaps riders would like to ride over here

We are the laughing stock of world speedway with all our stupid rules and regulations,lets get it back to were it use to be, then perhaps riders would like to ride over here

It's a good job all the riders don't stick the boot in then !

Given the the right surroundings, I think he could still do a good job for us,like Hans he's probably not an out and out number 1 , I think his own injuries and Darcy's have taken their toll, which is probably why he speaks so strongly about track preparation these days

Hans i believe did a very good job and should be retained, he and all the Poole team didn't refuse to ride at Kings Lynn, i understand Chris Holder had his reasons but when he talks he sounds scared to ride sometimes and that can't be the right frame of mind to go in to a meeting. I feel sorry for him in many ways but Matt Ford has to weigh up if he is worth the risk.

• Like 1

Hans i believe did a very good job and should be retained, he and all the Poole team didn't refuse to ride at Kings Lynn, i understand Chris Holder had his reasons but when he talks he sounds scared to ride sometimes and that can't be the right frame of mind to go in to a meeting. I feel sorry for him in many ways but Matt Ford has to weigh up if he is worth the risk.

You only have to look at the how the "lesser" rider's(no disrespect at all btw) road it.But the 2012 World champ couldn't/wouldn't.Times where very fast so was very grippy .It was the kind of track that needed attacking as we see from time to time.I think it's to do with gonads...I bet Bomber would have loved it that night.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

He admitted at our team announcement meeting that he's not keen on the Lynn track but I thought he was at last sorting out his machinery and gating over here. Then that fateful night happened and that was that...

Said too much already.

Still at it I see. You know nothing more than anyone else. So keep on fishing for bites. Sad.

The ONLY person who knows anything about next years plans is Matt Ford (and probably Middlo)...who apparently personally let's you know everything that they're planning every year :rofl:

Edited by chris4gillian

Not at all, Chris is not the rider he was and i can't see him getting back to how he was before, he was a great rider for us and it looks like he is on a low average now but i think his best years are behind him.

I think he just needs a huge confidence boost which would do him the world of good. He's been quite low in recent years after Darcy's accident and his own injury's. But with the right team, right encouragement, right machinery and a good start to a season he could definitely improve and be a force in the weakened UK top league. However has last season been the last straw for him in the UK? (Dropped from Poole and banned). Middlo could be a very useful ally should Matt Ford decide to eat humble pie.