British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Matt Ford has stated Magic wanted what was the equivalent of three times the gate money per meeting. It’s not true that riders won’t ride for Poole. They will. For lots of thousands a week. Never going to happen and the reason why not only Poole but any other British club would struggle to bring in a top rider if needed.

58 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GETTING the track right would help. Still the subject of much criticism from those who ride there.

We know what the problem is, and hopefully it will be sorted.. But im very sure we are not the only club to have these issues..

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

No top riders apart from the regulars will ever be seen riding for a British club again.

Not sure if you categorise him as a top rider or a regular, but I have to point out the World Champion rides for a British club!!

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

You know "Treble the gate" money is crap. Pooles gate money is at least £20k.You telling me the big guns want £60k a meeting ?? in the UK.Im pretty sure if £10k a meeting was offered, you would see some GP riders return. You need to forget 3x £20K lol... If Ford could afford £10K, you would see a top gp rider, riding for Poole. He wants to win so bad.

You can't just guess figures and attendances left, right and centre BB lol.

The top boys wouldn't come over period. They simply don't need British racing. 

It's a mickey mouse league compared to Sweden/Poland.

Just now, KevH said:

Not sure if you categorise him as a top rider or a regular, but I have to point out the World Champion rides for a British club!!

I mentioned earlier about the regulars being the only ones (Doyle)

I'm now going on about riders who don't currently ride in Britain. 

Iversen has, barring 2017, been a loyal servent to UK speedway since 2003 and Doyle has been ever since he came over. 

I must say Doyle seems to of distanced himself from the other Aussies and it has worked wonders for him. 

He just seems to love speedway no matter where he is riding and good on him. Always liked him and cant see him ever missing a UK season unless rules dont allow, he gets injured or retires. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

You can't just guess figures and attendances left, right and centre BB lol.

The top boys wouldn't come over period. They simply don't need British racing. 

It's a mickey mouse league compared to Sweden/Poland.

You don't get a 1000 paying at £17 plus the rest making up to £20k. You say the Poles want 3x that...Just a joke tbh. My 6 year old Granddaughter could work that out

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You don't get a 1000 paying at £17 plus the rest making up to £20k. You say the Poles want 3x that...Just a joke tbh. My 6 year old Granddaughter could work that out

I'm only saying what Matt is saying. 

He obviously knows the figures as he's the promoter. 

He obviously knows the average attendance and how much gate money he get's on average per a meeting. 

When he said Janowski would cost 3 times the gate money....That money is not all to do with wages. Could go on a variety of things....Like flight's for example.

28 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I'm only saying what Matt is saying. 

He obviously knows the figures as he's the promoter. 

He obviously knows the average attendance and how much gate money he get's on average per a meeting. 

When he said Janowski would cost 3 times the gate money....That money is not all to do with wages. Could go on a variety of things....Like flight's for example.

Or maybe what he meant was three times the profit he makes per home meeting :wink:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

You can take all of the seasons ticket holders attending from the 1000 if you are looking for the gate money.  But the maths still seem pretty suspect.

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

yhat's £60k .Wrong.Im pretty sure ant GP rider would ride hear for £10k per meeting. £60k is just a joke and a lie...

Where do people get these figures. £60k a meeting, no rider even gets close to that in Poland 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What are you saying? The new trackman Glyn has done a crap job? 

NO and it's not what I am saying but riders chatter and mutter and word gets around. You have your ears to the ground. Glyn can only do so much with what he is presented with. The track needs a major overhaul, right down to the base. A top class racing circuit brings its own rewards but takes money and whether that sort of investment is seen as vital in the short term is obviously debatable at Poole. But one of those rewards is that riders are more attracted to a track that they enjoy riding. And that filters down in to all sorts of other areas.