British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Don't disagree with a lot you say Starman. BUT.... I can't help thinking Matt has something up his sleeve to come in and accomodate these new GSA's that will come in after the Wolves home meeting as that is the last qualifying date for the new riders this season (4h - 4A). What with Brady also now on target to be below 8 for June (7.63 on his rolling 20 match GSA going into the Wolves match)so allows another heat leader. I assume excl Nielsen who could be a real ace in the pack if he can keep that 3.67 going into June. he should do with what will be only 4 matches completed.

We have 6 matches between 28/5 and 27/6 and would be nice if we could get Woryna also at  reserve where with a 6/7 ride possibility could be another ace up the sleeve. We have already seen him starting to improve riding if not points wise and wouldnt surprise me if it all comes together for him June onwards.

I see Poole have updated their stats on the website for the riders. Incredibly Woryna and Spaniak on exactly the same potential GSA of 4.90. Spaniak slightly higher if you factor in BP. Will be interesting if they make sure Woryna scores at least one point less than Spaniak for that last GSA qualifying meeting next Wednesday ;-)

I just feel that if they can get a reasonably consistent top man (and I dont mean Chris as he is too inconsistent until he proves to me otherwise), then this team probably really can scale some heights as some of these riders who have been struggling really start showing what they are capable of.

As I said before. Could be an interesting week or so on the team news front.

As things stand  I think we need two... imo, Chris and A N Other, But, there has been improvement, when like i said, nothing, has gone for us from the get go, whether it be the weather or the track conditions, because of the weather, riders are not riding on a consistant track, and when you have newbies in the side you do need that consistancy. You can forget Wolverhampton, nobody will be winning there, but as you are well aware, you must win your home meetings first and formost and then pick up what you can on the road.
Having looked at the table, and given Swindon got beat last night, no one team above us stands out, and we are not halfway through the season yet. We i think are 5 points off the top. Everything being equal we will finish in the play off's, and top, is not out of reach.. But whatever 7 we have, they have got to want it, it will not be given to you on a plate..

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Another poor crowd at Poole last night unless Matt has got buckets loads of money in the bank can't see much improvement in the team we got now .the Chris holder saga has not done Poole speedway any good at all.next week meeting is a quarter way though the season and still no sign of holder 

What did you expect. It P'd down at the stadium from 11 am till 4 pm. Im very sure Chris is as anxious to get back as much as the fans are. One day you might come up with something positive .I thought it was only Scottyfan who walked around with a dark cloud over his head. Jeez

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Deluded, Poole will get average riders to replace average riders, no grand prix riders, why would they join a bottom team in a poor league?

We are not bottom, try looking again.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

What did you expect. It P'd down at the stadium from 11 am till 4 pm. Im very sure Chris is as anxious to get back as much as the fans are. One day you might come up with something positive .I thought it was only Scottyfan who walked around with a dark cloud over his head. Jeez

why is it only you that attacks my post if you dont like what i write dont read it . it is what is known as opinions there is nothing wrong with the post you replied to you rrally ought to get out more :D

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

why is it only you that attacks my post if you dont like what i write dont read it . it is what is known as opinions there is nothing wrong with the post you replied to you rrally ought to get out more :D

Says the person who spends best part of the  night and day on here..  ;) If you said some positive things for a change you wouldnt get the replies. You always seem to be on a downer about the club and its riders. There's really no need for it, honest.

23 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Says the person who spends best part of the  night and day on here..  ;) If you said some positive things for a change you wouldnt get the replies. You always seem to be on a downer about the club and its riders. There's really no need for it, honest.

to be honest i think we will win the league when all these new riders arrive is that what you want to hear onward and upward :shock:

• Like 1

News just in, it’s Poole, yes, Poole, in sixth ........ don’t get vertigo Pugwashers. :)

Up to and including                        
  Thursday, May 17, 2018                        
    M W D L 4W 3W D 1L L F A Pts
1 Swindon 8 3 0 0 1 1 0 0 3 366 353 16
2 Wolverhampton 6 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 296 244 13
3 Belle Vue 6 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 280 260 12
4 Rye House 7 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 285 345 10
5 Somerset 6 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 255 285 8
6 Poole 7 2 0 1 0 0 0 2 2 295 334 8
7 Leicester 4 2 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 195 165 7
8 King's Lynn 4 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 187 173 7

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

In Poole mode..... 4 points from Lynn at BV will see the Stars on 11 points from just 5 meetings.. B)

To be fair, KL are looking good .......... whereas Poole, well, we’re all just luuuvvvvving the look of them.   :)

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

To be fair, KL are looking good .......... whereas Poole, well, we’re all just luuuvvvvving the look of them.   :)

I'm not going to extract the Poole urine. When Poole looked like they where getting close to defeat against Rye, Josh sparked into life, Brady had a good race. They won a close one..I'm not sure that they ain't on the fiddle. They got the 3 points without scoring big points against a poor traveling Rye side.....

3 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Has the Chris Holder situation been solved yet. I'm sure that Kelvin Tatum alluded that it would be hopefully sorted this week?

Would that run along side with the new averages.If so, a fix.