British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

I understand that totally and the Holder issue , wether he was back to his best or not, has caused Poole problems this year.

Kildemand shown in flashes what he can do but surely Poole fans cant be happy with Smolinski

Im hoping he's just a stop gap mate. IF, Chris returns and i hope these stumblling blocks/red tape can be sorted he will be fine, and with everybody behind him it will give him and the team a lift, its not gone well and riders are under performing for whatever reason. I felt sorry for james as i said in another post, he went out of his way to fund new equipment and a 2nd nights racing. Before he left he scored paid 11 at Sheffield, he was not going to improve overnight but he would have got there , he is also the type of rider i would like to see John Davis get hold of to impriove his gating tech, like he did the poor late Lee Richardson. James was riding to his average and in time would have improved. But Matt has to do what he thinks is right for the club fans and sponsors in order to make the play off's, the club is built on success, and we dont take failier lightly.

Edited by Starman2006

14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Im hoping he's just a stop gap mate. IF, Chris returns and i hope these stumblling blocks/red tape can be sorted he will be fine, and with everybody behind him it will give him and the team a lift, its not gone well and riders are under performing for whatever reason. I felt sorry for james as i said in another post, he went out of his way to fund new equipment and a 2nd nights racing. Before he left he scored paid 11 at Sheffield, he was not going to improve overnight but he would have got there , he is also the type of rider i would like to see John Davis get hold of to impriove his gating tech, like he did the poor late Lee Richardson. James was riding to his average and in time would have improved. But Matt has to do what he thinks is right for the club fans and sponsors in order to make the play off's, the club is built on success, and we dont take failier lightly.

He achieved his average last season where to be fair the reserves were weaker.

This season the Poole team was built top heavy and the reserves are mainly stronger.

Shanes still gets his average yet is made the scapegoat for Pooles poor start!

The problems are higher up the team

• Like 1

I am sure we will be looking at a few changes at the end of May, who stays and who goes depends how they do over the next couple of weeks and if Smolinski  rides anywhere near his average I will be amazed so I can't really see him staying. It is pretty obvious where the problems are and even a on fire CH can not paper over all the cracks, I think Szczpaniak has been better lately so maybe Kurtz, Woryna and him are fairly safe but the rest are vunerable  even Josh. I wouldn't mind seeing Kacper Gomolski back, there's a rider who gives his all every race.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I gave you the bet. You failed accept them Ross. And if you think Kildemands average of 6.67 is not abysmal, considering he was in the GP’s and Swindons number one two seasons ago, you don’t know anything about speedway.

I didn't fail anything. Trackrat wanted a £100 on it and you blanked him or her. Now you are hiding away and refusing to accept any bets.

For example.....Abysmal is your contribution to this forum.

Kildemand has been a mixed bag just like he's always been. Either really good or really poor. Poor as of late but a mixed bag overall is a fair assessment.

You want someone to blame for the poor start then look no further than the 3 & 4 pairing of Grajczonek and Sundstrom.

You obviously don't know anything about Speedway. You tried telling me Szczepaniak wasn't a flop before the Swindon (Away) meeting. 

Word of advise.......don't offer bets if you don't accept wagers on them.

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I didn't fail anything. Trackrat wanted a £100 on it and you blanked him or her. Now you are hiding away and refusing to accept any bets.

For example.....Abysmal is your contribution to this forum.

Kildemand has been a mixed bag just like he's always been. Either really good or really poor. Poor as of late but a mixed bag overall is a fair assessment.

You want someone to blame for the poor start then look no further than the 3 & 4 pairing of Grajczonek and Sundstrom.

You obviously don't know anything about Speedway. You tried telling me Szczepaniak wasn't a flop before the Swindon (Away) meeting. 

Word of advise.......don't offer bets if you don't accept wagers on them.

Tbf he was a lot better at Swindon.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

He achieved his average last season where to be fair the reserves were weaker.

This season the Poole team was built top heavy and the reserves are mainly stronger.

Shanes still gets his average yet is made the scapegoat for Pooles poor start!

The problems are higher up the team

I don't agree with you that the poole team was built top heavy. If everybody was doing there jobs we would have strength right through the side. MS is a better rider than he's showing, he was 10th in the European stadings, good riders dont become bad riders over  nyt without a reason, same as Woryna and Sunstrom, as i said in our aniversary meeting sunstrom scored 13-14 pts after he tweeked something and rode well. Josh is a bit up and down atm Brady appart from the odd blip has done what i expected of him. for me Kildemand was a bit dissapointing and i hope Smolenski is a stop gap. Things just have not gone.. yet.  I do really hope Chris sorts out this issue and comes back to us, it will give the team fans sponsors the whole club a lift, then watch us go... The team that  Matt put together looked very good on paper with bags of improvement in all of them and kept me going in hospital  at that thought, i still have the belief in them, but we need to start finding our feet quick smart. All the foundations have been laid, we just need our boys to sort things out, which im very sure they will. People will moan whatever you do, damed if you do and damed if you dont. Matt was very happy with the side he put together, but its not happening, yet.

Edited by Starman2006

What about Buckowski again - he is due a decent performance for Poole.  Better still - what about Miedzinski?

If all else fails what about coaxing Bjarne back? 

I was led to believe by some Poole fans in the past that riders were lining up to race for Poole rather than any other team.

How is Poole’s huge asset list doing - surely someone on that wants to ride for the mighty pie rats?

Edited by Steve0
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

What about Buckowski again - he is due a decent performance for Poole.  Better still - what about Miedzinski?

If all else fails what about coaxing Bjarne back? 

I was led to believe by some Poole fans in the past that riders were lining up to race for Poole rather than any other team.

How is Poole’s huge asset list doing - surely someone on that wants to ride for the mighty pie rats?

Is Brady's average under 8 yet? We could get Dudek... :o:D

• Haha 1