British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

13 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It needed clarifying from the off, ditto all the rules they make. 

The ruling only one over 8 is pretty clear if you take it by the intent. So when the averages become new for 2018 it could be assumed that you can't bring in any rider over 8 if you started the season with an 8 pointer.

Could Poole's poor start to the season allow them to sign a rider over 8 ??? If you want to fudge the rules yes. Typical of the BSPA to allow a rule to be interpreted in another way. And typical of ANY team trying to fudge that rule too.

Would Tai/Piotr/Zagar be allowed back on their 7+ averages or be forced to use the reassessed 9 they were given at the start of the season. 

One thing that can be sure is IF Piotr signs for Poole in place of someone else is that Poole will get tons of stick for under performing to make the move happen. Plus it would have the stinkiest odour to it as well.

Poole haven't got new averages yet so how can you say you don't have a rider over 8? You do until the new averages come into effect. 

But unexpectedly according to the BSPA website some  riders HAVE got a new average - based on rolling 20 meeting scores!!

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Yes I do thanks, why are you asking. 

Maybe if you read the post properly before replying you will see it was an attack on the rules.  You would know that if you read it.

Please don't tell me where to post please Mike, it's a free forum to post wherever you want.

Let's not start playing that game. Thanks. 

Yeh, but you seem to have more interest in our club that you do your own, Steve, thats very flattering, but surely  you should also consentrate on your own club.
I agree with the ruling situation,  as ive put in my post, this should be set in stone at the AGM. But it does seem some fans just like to take a swip at us, Matt is doing nothing wrong, to sign a rider it needs to be sanctioned  by the powers that be, and thats no different to any other club. They have the power to say no, and again, that applies to every club.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh, but you seem to have more interest in our club that you do your own, Steve, thats very flattering, but surely  you should also consentrate on your own club.
I agree with the ruling situation,  as ive put in my post, this should be set in stone at the AGM. But it does seem some fans just like to take a swip at us, Matt is doing nothing wrong, to sign a rider it needs to be sanctioned  by the powers that be, and thats no different to any other club. They have the power to say no, and again, that applies to every club.

But the trouble is, riders that were being lauded (by Poole fans) as world beaters before the season start have now turned into national league standard riders. This is why people constantly smell a rat where Poole are concerned.

29 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

But the trouble is, riders that were being lauded (by Poole fans) as world beaters before the season start have now turned into national league standard riders. This is why people constantly smell a rat where Poole are concerned.

Sorry I don'y buy this 'deliberately underperforming' rubbish. There is no way the riders are riding to get their averages down so that Ford can bring in riders to strengthen. This team was built to do the business but for some reason(s) they are not performing. Also, that strategy would be financial suicide for Matt Ford and he is no mug.

No I am sorry, Poole are just rubbish at the moment!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Sorry I don'y buy this 'deliberately underperforming' rubbish. There is no way the riders are riding to get their averages down so that Ford can bring in riders to strengthen. This team was built to do the business but for some reason(s) they are not performing. Also, that strategy would be financial suicide for Matt Ford and he is no mug.

Agree no points no money.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Guess we'll see when the changes ARE made, I'm betting on a sudden change in form.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

Rolling averages already out on scb website and Poole currently total 41.2 as the 4 who didn't ride over here last year don't have a rolling average and are listed on their starting average. At what point do they get a rolling average as it is based on last 20 meetings

4H and 4A

I think Matt Ford has the rider situation kind of under control and probably knows already what his plan is if some of these riders continue to under perform.

My take on this and pls correct me if any facts/comments wrong.

GSA's are calculated according to the SCB rules 16.2 on basis of rolling av up to and incl the 23rd of the month and will be effective wef 1st flwg month. Riders who are new and have not achieved a rolling GSA need to complete 4 home & 4 away to get a rolling av. Interesting that Poole have their 8th qualifying LEAGUE meeting on 23rd May (assuming no more rain offs ??).

So do we possibly have the flwg scenario that could allow Matt to plan forward and not be too unduly concerned if some of the guys (especially new ones) don't perform as most expected they would ??

Perhaps Mat Spaniak and Sundstrom will be emptied IF they do not obtain their season starting GSA's by the time the new rolling GSA's come out after those 8 qualifying meetings as no way Matt will want to lose new riders assessed points in having to  replace them if both the named riders new GSA's are lower than their present and season starting GSA's.

Also could we have a scenario that where Woryna's GSA of 4.65 could easily become a reserve in a redeclared team alongside Shanes if Matt wants to still keep points for the top end. Assuming he did that before any new GSA's come out wef 24/5. (To start wef 1st June).

The grey area I have is on what are the rules (does anyone really know for sure) if a rider like our season starting number 1 Kurtz who  was on just over 8 is now on his new rolling GSA of 7.64 wef 1/5 and Josh G is now on 6.79 having originally been over 7. Could they sign another 8 point rider to come in if a redeclared team would allow it ???

Interesting that Sundstrom current GSA is 5.75 according to Poole website. If it stayed as it was until 23/5 then Matt could possibly get rid of Spaniak and accomodate both Holder and Kildermand in a redeclared 1 to 7.

I based this on looking at the teams current GSA on Speedway GB new GSA's taking riders new GSA's wef 1/5 - Brady/Josh and Shanes on rolling av and new riders (incl Kildermand) on season starting GSA's until they qualify on 23/5. Total is 41.20 - Using Sundstroms 5.75 current achieved GSA (if that became his new one) and deleting out Spaniak would allow about 7.76 which is easily enough to get Chris Holder in and Killer. More tinkering (or any riders dropping more on their GSA's) could even allow an 8 pointer in (if the rules would allow it ??)

All if's/but's and maybe's of course but perhaps why Matt has been very quiet so far, if he already has plans in place if the current crop don't come good ??

By the way not a conspiracy theory but just Forum airing opinion. I am sure Matt would have preferred a side with Chris in it from the off and with riders who were wetting all Poole supporters appetites actually performing to what most expected. Who would have thought that Spaniak would have struggled so badly not only in UK but also badly out of form in Poland where he was supposed to be Rybnik number one but has achieved only 11 points from 13 rides - not a single heat win and a 4 ride av of 3.38. Dropped from one meeting and came back and was even replaced in rides. For a guy who was number 1 in the Nice 1 last season it is a concern as his UK form is also not looking great, even if only 4 meetings in UK plus the woeful performance 70 year anniv meeting. I thought he brought his last seasons all conquering bikes over for UK this season which makes it even more baffling. Wouldnt surprise me if Spaniak is dropped again this weekend in favour of Cook as he is the main reason Rybnik have not been so good this season.

20 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I'm sure the 1 over 8 rule was only for initial declarations, in any case if you no longer have a rider with a current gsa over 8 you could bring one in anyway

Perhaps both Holder and Killer hold the key to that.

In  case of Holder I think Matt may well know already if he will be seen again this season. Also as I said in an earlier post - Him not racing here before 24/5 actually protects that low 7.16 GSA if he does come back into either the current or redeclared team. His personal situation for sure complicates it but many who have an educated idea know its complicated revolving around his immediate family situation which not for airing on this forum.

Kildermand is partly interesting as I think he is looking over his shoulder after some less than inspiring performances for his main cash cow i.e Poland. He was only 37th in av last year and currently sits at 41st in 2018 just one above the equally non inspiring Sundstrom at 42. Ok its only 4 matches in but let's get real Poland only has 14 matches in regular season plus a max of 4 matches over semis/finals of play offs. Its up to the riders to be at the top of their game. Both Killer and Sund have been poor av wise over both last season and this in POL even if they are up against the top riders. Think about it - 8 POL EXL teams x 7 men is 56 riders incl juniors. What does that show if you are 41/42 ranked and also as bad last season.

Ok in a much weaker UK league you would at least expect some improvement.

Killer evaded a straight answer when he was questioned re possibility of riding UK full time this season. Seeing as they way things are going, he may be dropped by his POL team (already was for some rides and saw his backside in one meeting), doubt he will be back in SGP (in my opinion) - may scrape into SEC having qualified for the final meeting this weekend but if he doesnt then not even in that 4 meeting SEC season. It may well mean Mr Kildermand will be happy to have some revenue coming in from UK rather than warming his hands on the sidelines in POL if he doesnt pull his socks up.

Of course Matt may well have his 8 point man lined up already if he can jiggle things around as wasnt there some comment made prior to the season that Piotr Pawlicki already had everything in place for Uk before the powers that be set him a starting GSA of 8 thus scuppering any attempts to come to Poole. I am sure I read that Wolves had already given Poole the ok to approach him prior to that.

All conjecture of course and plenty can happen during the coming few weeks ;-)

Its wonderful that our club has a huge following. Thank you for showing your interest. Of course, we will keep you updated on any developments...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If Poole manage to get Kurtz , Holder and Kildemand in the same team as Josh G and Woryna at reserve then its pretty obvious that they are on the fiddle

Honestly Gav. I think they would prefer to have the original riders performing to what they should be achieving taking into a/c what they should be capable of.

However what are they supposed to do if the riders themselves don't step up to the plate ??. Persevere and potentially finish nearer bottom than top - possibly out of the play offs - lower crowds with the promotion possibly losing their backsides financially after the wash outs already this season to compound lower support level if they kept losing.

Don't think either Ford or any other promoter would have much choice other than do what you can within the current rules to maximise what you can get out of it.

I really cant believe that Matt Ford would enjoy being near enough bottom come third week of May if they continue in the form many have been so far. Its a distinct possibility unless they do get their fingers out.

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Its wonderful that our club has a huge following. Thank you for showing your interest. Of course, we will keep you updated on any developments...

It helps when visiting formutites contribute to sensible dialogue to make discussion interesting rather than assuming Poole are on the fiddle. Like Matt Ford would really enjoy us losing both our away and one of our home matches against its biggest rivals just to manipulate averages. I dont think so......

35 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If Poole manage to get Kurtz , Holder and Kildemand in the same team as Josh G and Woryna at reserve then its pretty obvious that they are on the fiddle

What it actually means that Matt ford is far more cleverer than the rest :lol: